Graham Cornes: Bruce Francis’ dogged fight to clear the names of the Essendon 34

One more test than you ever played.

True. How many did you play avignon? Was French cricket your speciality?

BF was a privileged NSW player gifted games... have a look at his numbers. He seems a sad case now.

Exactly - Yet thousands of posts have been wasted arguing the same - All you could do is check the substances listed on the consent forms.
This thought process of yours just fails one major sniff test, yacco.

You seriously think the drugs weren’t selected specifically by club employees at the direction of Charter and Dank and for very specific reasons?

You do remember Charter, Hird’s former ‘nutritional advisor’ who has told every man and his dog that he knows how to get an athlete through a drug test with his knowledge of markers and testing parameters?

The EFC monitored diet, monitored sleep, monitored weight sessions, monitored gps tracking at training....but the injection of drugs was done ad-hoc, and was up to the players to read up on? Hah! you must believe anything if you think that this wasn’t a well planned and orchestrated regime of injections that club staff knew all about.

The truth of it all was written about by one of the best investigative journo’s this country has ever had, and it’s still there for you to read.

Essendon set about using specific drugs(TB4) once compounded, that they knew were banned otherwise, so as to circumvent the code though a loop hole.

Maybe you can get your head around why this article has never been taken down and why anyone with any clout at the EFC have copped it and moved on.

Last edited:
This thought process of yours just fails one major sniff test, yacco.

You seriously think the drugs weren’t selected specifically by club employees at the direction of Charter and Dank and for very specific reasons?

You do remember Charter, Hird’s former ‘nutritional advisor’ who has told every man and his dog that he knows how to get an athlete through a drug test with his knowledge of markers and testing parameters?

The EFC monitored diet, monitored sleep, monitored weight sessions, monitored gps tracking at training....but the injection of drugs was done ad-hoc, and was up to the players to read up on? Hah! you must believe anything if you think that this wasn’t a well planned and orchestrated regime of injections that club staff knew all about.

The truth of it all was written about by one of the best investigative journo’s this country has ever had, and it’s still there for you to read.

Essendon set about using specific drugs(TB4) once compounded, that they knew were banned otherwise, so as to circumvent the code though a loop hole.

Maybe you can get your head around why this article has never been taken down and why anyone with any clout at the EFC have copped it and moved on.

Continue to rewrite history - I can pull up hundreds/thousands of posts from this forum in which it's been stated that players failed to read the ASADA online Check Your Substances list - You should know better than me, seeing you were/are a moderator - So in effect the Michael Warner article loses some credibility because players would never have looked up TB4 - You continue to travel in tangents and add more dross to the thread.

And of course you would say that justifies the very harsh punishment the players got. 2 years for not completing paperwork?
Trying to minimise it as a mere paperwork issue is disingenuous.

Continue to rewrite history - I can pull up hundreds/thousands of posts from this forum in which it's been stated that players failed to read the ASADA online Check Your Substances list - You should know better than me, seeing you were/are a moderator - So in effect the Michael Warner article loses some credibility because players would never have looked up TB4 - You continue to travel in tangents and add more dross to the thread.
So you’re not actually interested in thinking about this critically, are you.

ignorance is bliss.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
So all 34 players failed to read the ASADA online check is that what you are saying?
You still haven't come up with a reason why there was no paperwork kept as regards what was injected into the players have you. No computer files either. Seems odd to you does it?
Do you think there is a reason why no records were kept what was injected into the players?
Don't you think it odd that all AFL clubs keep meticulous records of what the player eats, drinks etc in the season, but in this case there is nothing?
What does that suggest to you?

Arctic fox

It's only a game
Mar 22, 2017
Out west
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
So all 34 players failed to read the ASADA online check is that what you are saying?
You still haven't come up with a reason why there was no paperwork kept as regards what was injected into the players have you. No computer files either. Seems odd to you does it?
Do you think there is a reason why no records were kept what was injected into the players?
Don't you think it odd that all AFL clubs keep meticulous records of what the player eats, drinks etc in the season, but in this case there is nothing?
You sound like a broken record.
How do you know there were no records kept? Why don't you ask Dank and Robinson where the paperwork is?
Thymosin beta4 was not listed on the ASADA site.
All clubs keep meticulous records? Really. Do go on.

avignon

Senior List
Oct 8, 2004
Other Teams
ESSENDON
All Clubs did not keep meticulous records back then....they do now. Essendon hung out to dry as an example for other clubs but it go out of hand unanticipated by the AFL at the time. Melbourne, GCS, Geelong.....there was a long trail and Ess was left holding a parcel when the music stopped.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
You sound like a broken record.
How do you know there were no records kept? Why don't you ask Dank and Robinson where the paperwork is?
Thymosin beta4 was not listed on the ASADA site.
All clubs keep meticulous records? Really. Do go on.
I do, but I'm not wrong.
If there were records kept and them records showed that was injected into the players was legal they would have been produced a long time.
All responsible clubs with nothing to hide would have kept records.
Those that had something to hide would have destroyed records.
Do you honestly believe that what was injected into the players was legal?

There is a saying - ' History repeats ' - You and others are regurgitating the same rubbish for six years - The discussion is centred around Warner's article showing that TB4 was only added to the ASADA check list of substances in February 2013 - As I've previously stated the article loses some validity because players could only check the ASADA website for substances listed on their consent forms.

I do, but I'm not wrong.
If there were records kept and them records showed that was injected into the players was legal they would have been produced a long time.
All responsible clubs with nothing to hide would have kept records.
Those that had something to hide would have destroyed records.
Do you honestly believe that what was injected into the players was legal?

I'll go a step further - There is a possibility that players were injected with fifty or more banned substances, though proving this is difficult - There is also the possibility that Dank charged EFC for exotic substances, but in fact substituted cheaper and benign substances.

Mate - You post the whole quote to give context - Stop rubbish posts.
You've been posting rubbish the whole time. I'm just highlighting your bullshit. Even the Essendon board labels you as an "obsessed kook" which see like a pretty accurate description to me. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
You've been posting rubbish the whole time. I'm just highlighting your bullshit. Even the Essendon board labels you as an "obsessed kook" which see like a pretty accurate description to me. Merry Christmas.

Continue to make up things from the figment of your imagination - You were asked to provide the full quote from my post for context - To not do so, shows your modus operandi.

Continue to make up things from the figment of your imagination - You were asked to provide the full quote from my post for context - To not do so, shows your modus operandi.
You know all too well about figments of imagination with your fairy stories about Dank pocketing money for dope meant for Essendon. That's fairies at the bottom of the garden stuff.

You know all too well about figments of imagination with your fairy stories about Dank pocketing money for dope meant for Essendon. That's fairies at the bottom of the garden stuff.

Mate - Your reference to Kooky was a poster in the Essendon forum referring to Bruce Francis - Anyway continue to make up stories - Dank has been investigated by Government departments/police for dodgy practices and possibly fraudalent activities - So it's hardly fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Mate - Your reference to Kooky was a poster in the Essendon forum referring to Bruce Francis - Anyway continue to make up stories - Dank has been investigated by Government departments/police for dodgy practices and possibly fraudalent activities - So it's hardly fairies at the bottom of the garden.
Did you get a new tin foil hat for Christmas?

I'll go a step further - There is a possibility that players were injected with fifty or more banned substances, though proving this is difficult - There is also the possibility that Dank charged EFC for exotic substances, but in fact substituted cheaper and benign substances.
That’s why the players were huge, is it?

That’s why Jobe declared the “change in body shape in two weeks” of the program?

Back