Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

It has already bitten us on the backside big time, we were seduced into succumbing to a lumbering baby giraffe overinflated opinion on his self worth which then went a long way to the fire sale we had in the off season , never learn Collingwood, Wrighty will right the ship, he does not suffer fools gladly
We have a baby giraffe on the team?

I'd take it one step further and not give any player a million dollar plus contract that is more than 3 years. It's too big a risk. If they walk then walk. Obviously if they are asking that sort of money then you can get some good compensation via the draft.
7 years, 7 million for a ruckman. That's insane.
I hope it doesn't but I am pretty sure it is going to bite us on the backside big time.
Grundy, De Goey and Moore all held out for massive deals. I don’t think this should be underestimated in our salary cap issues. You hear of other sides taking less to keep the team together but we have had good players suffer because a few of our players held firm on their demands.
I’m not saying they aren’t worth big dollars but what value do they put on playing in a successful team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you target? Alastair Clarkson?
Whispers are that he will be gettable after this season. I’d hope that Wright’s relationship with him could influence a move. 10 years is long enough for Buckley. Malthouse wasn’t given that long before the succession plan was made.

Keen but is he, certainly one of the best options after Clarko and Mitchell
Hard to imagine he'd knock back a senior gig. I'm a fan of his, and recall pendles speaking highly of his tactical nous and communication when he played alongside him as a youngster. My only question mark would be I've never heard him speak much, i don't know how he'd go with the more public side of a senior job.

Personally I'm not a fan of the way clarkson has gone about the last 5 years or so. Also my concern with Wright's credentials. Both clubs have made the mistake of probably over rating their lists and failing to properly invest in the draft.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

what we need is a coach who guarantees a premiership... we need to aim for that, nothing less. We need him to promise his first born son if he doesnt win one. We need committment.

I’m dj’ing at a wedding and Wrighty is here. What should I ask him after I inevitably corner him later after 15-16 free champagnes??

Clarko is the right fit for the job but atm I wouldn't mind offering our AFLW coach the gig. He has our girls playing fast attacking footy.

Lyon is the other option, but he’s yet to show his defensive style can win a flag.

Might as well keep bucks enough with the s**t defensive coaches who's game styles bore every man and there dog to death.

Gotta enjoy the journey as much as the single gf day and under Bucks, Roos or Lyon style coach this is not going to happen.

Open cheque book to clarkson. Gun coach, puts up with no sh*t, demands hardness. Exactly the man we need

He had me sold a few years ago when they played in Canberra when it was -80c and snowing. At half time Clarkson casually walked out with shorts and a shirt to let his team know it wasn't a big deal.

Think if a few Pies players went through that, there'd likely be a sob story article defending their on-field performance...:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back