Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
ADELAIDE v RICHMOND

Saturday 30th September
Time: 2.30PM
MCG

The Path to Glory:
RICHvGWS_Pathway-to-the-Grand-Final_flags.jpg

The Feel Good Story:

Adelaide have been through so much in the past couple of years. Their coach getting murdered mid-season, who could forget the on field tributes, tears, the teams getting together after each game. Then their best player, after much publicity, leaves them to go home. Yet 2 years later they're through to the grand final. So many feels if they win.
Eagles-Adelaide.jpg

And Richmond have had to overcome being really bad at footy. And had to aim higher than 9th on the ladder to get where they are this weekend.

The Home Ground Advantage:
Crows finished top of the ladder, and get to wear their home game jumper. Richmond get to play on their literal home ground, but have to wear this:
76241101-b4a5a5a1-ac90-45c9-a75c-d9777877b95f.jpg

This is why you don't make ugly away jumpers. Not everyone gets the rules changed for the one year because their jumper sucks unless you're Power Rangers Hawthorn.

The Fans:
Ben Cousins has taken time out from being locked up to back his old team, Richmond:
cousinsrichmond.png
Adelaide has everyone's favourite sock puppet - Leyton Hewitt's hand:
160115170157-lleyton-hewitt-2013-large-169.jpg

The Teams:
Unchanged!

Prediction:
In case you can't tell, I really want Adelaide to win. To do it for Phil Walsh.
Adelaide by 36.

Last edited:

Tigers by 4 points. (I hope)
Norm Smith to Rance
Hopefully no boos for Hird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On talent I think Adelaide by a lot, but the Tigers have enough momentum up to change that to Adelaide by a little.

Can't see the umps doing the Crows any favours either. They do love a good (Victorian) fairytale this time of year.

I would like to see adelaide win. They have had to deal with a lot of adversity over the years

The big question will be can Freo hang on to remain the only non-victorian team to play in front 100k.

The last 3 grand finals haven't got 100k.

West coast only got 98k in 2014

Last year was 19 off (99,981)

I think all the closet richmond fans will mean it will probably just get there.

Adelaide by 29 points
Sloane for the Medal
Hope no booing but I'm sure there'll be a few.

Would love a good game but just can't see the tigers getting close

Think the Crows are too good on paper but I'd like to see the Tigers get up and Dusty win the Norm.
I hope the crowd are civil to Hird. I don't really understand why he'd want to put himself in this position but I hope he gets some redemption on a personal level.
I hope Hird does not get redemption. Redemption is for those who earn it. Those who do not accept responsibility or take action to be a better person do not deserve it.

Back