GRAND FINAL 2019 and all its bits and pieces..

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad I only watched about 10 min of the 'game.'
I didn't even know the score until half way through the third.
Too good.
#homeground advantage - as Matthews once said, the interstate team has to be 10% better. Clearly the Giants weren't.
Looking forward to the day where we play our last 8 games at the Gabba and we also play the GF there.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
So now we have to put up with another 12 months of obnoxious, backslapping, self-fellating Richmond supporters infesting the internet. Just grouse.

I work with a bunch of them. You wouldn't have known half of them followed the footy until 2017, but they've been chirpy AF since then. Excited I'm on leave next week so I'll miss the immediate 'afterglow'.

Psychologically, how do the Giants players ever recover from this...maybe get Burton in to organise a camp?

Well they can start by making their players listen to the Richmond club song on repeat for the next 2 weeks.

Then have the camp.

They might need to get Tex in to provide some leadership through the process ...

I work with a bunch of them. You wouldn't have known half of them followed the footy until 2017, but they've been chirpy AF since then. Excited I'm on leave next week so I'll miss the immediate 'afterglow'.

To be fair they have suffered a lot of indignity over the years so hard to say that they don’t deserve it. I shared an office with a hardnose pies fan in early 2000’s in Melbourne, sweet memories😂

I’m suspecting some very chirpy Lions 🦁 supporters over the next few years, just wait and see!

No-one is giving credit for how good a team this Richmond mob are. History may well say that last year was the one they let slip, and with that they would be a 3peat team already.

Tiggers win/Dusty to kick 2 @ $4.00. $50 on that so I am a happy man. I bet about twice a year, but that was always money for jam.

True. Their running capacity and defensive pressure is significantly better than everyone else

Their ability to hit the scoreboard off the turnover hurts the opposition, you can out possess them and still lose by at least 5 goals.

I notice Toby was up to his usual style with getting his knuckles near the eyes of Baker in the GF .. always the same modus operandi with this flog sitting astride the helpless victim with that smug look on his face .. one day he'll find himself sitting on top of Dusty .. won't have to bother the tribunal in that case because he'll spend the next 10 weeks in hospital ICU.

I think Richmond are a minimum 5-6 goals better than any other team when they are up and about. Add the MCG circle as their home ground and their playing style being made for finals pressure and there you have it. Don't suppose the Lions have inquired whether King Kong and Godzilla are keen for 2020?

Just MHO- I think yesterday's GF did our game a lot of damage. It really wasn't worth watching after QT. Just boring.

The Lions would have given a better contest. And weren't those repeat ads just great.

The best part of the day was Paul Kelly. By a street.

Just MHO- I think yesterday's GF did our game a lot of damage. It really wasn't worth watching after QT. Just boring.

No more damage than the 2007 flogging of Port by Geelong.

Anyway I think sporting audiences., no matter what their background can accept that there are going to be lopsided results in Finals now and then, irrespective of code. Last year was a cracker and so was the Bulldogs/Swans in 2016.

The AFL will get zillions following the game on TV next year, just like every other year.

I notice Toby was up to his usual style with getting his knuckles near the eyes of Baker in the GF .. always the same modus operandi with this flog sitting astride the helpless victim with that smug look on his face .. one day he'll find himself sitting on top of Dusty .. won't have to bother the tribunal in that case because he'll spend the next 10 weeks in hospital ICU.

Spare a thought for poor Toby "Fingers " Greene. He's devastated. I hear he has been caught training in secret with John Hopoarte!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No more damage than the 2007 flogging of Port by Geelong.

Anyway I think sporting audiences., no matter what their background can accept that there are going to be lopsided results in Finals now and then, irrespective of code. Last year was a cracker and so was the Bulldogs/Swans in 2016.

The AFL will get zillions following the game on TV next year, just like every other year.
To be fair, Port gettng flogged is a benefit to society in general.

Spare a thought for poor Toby "Fingers " Greene. He's devastated. I hear he has been caught training in secret with John Hopoarte!

I read where his father got arrested at the GF for head butting a policewoman .. all class that family.

Just to make the point for those less intuitive. I meant "damage" in the sense that the whole build up of a Melbourne v Sydney thing was a complete flop.

While on another topic- how is the Tigers fit Reiwoldt, Martin and Lynch, all presumably on very healthy retainers, within their salary cap. Legally.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

While on another topic- how is the Tigers fit Reiwoldt, Martin and Lynch, all presumably on very healthy retainers, within their salary cap. Legally.
I heard in a podcast last week that Lynch is on what is thought to only be 350k for this year and next and then goes to big, big dollars after that.
And Jack Riewoldt took a pay cut to fit Lynch in?

I heard in a podcast last week that Lynch is on what is thought to only be 350k for this year and next and then goes to big, big dollars after that.
And Jack Riewoldt took a pay cut to fit Lynch in?
Just my humble maths. Three key players (Martin Lynch and Reiwoldt) on $1m each. Say. Out of a cap of $12.4M.

At some point even with back ended this or that this is going to be the prevailing rate. Presumably.

Leaving $9m or so to be spread among the remaining 41 listed = an average of say $200k each. Including Cotchin etc.

Just me I'm sure but I don't think so.

Must be missing something.

Probably so because the AFL would never let them get away with it. Would they.

Just my humble maths. Three key players (Martin Lynch and Reiwoldt) on $1m each. Say. Out of a cap of $12.4M.

At some point even with back ended this or that this is going to be the prevailing rate. Presumably.

Leaving $9m or so to be spread among the remaining 41 listed = an average of say $200k each. Including Cotchin etc.

Just me I'm sure but I don't think so.

Must be missing something.

Probably so because the AFL would never let them get away with it. Would they.

Doubt Reiwoldt or Martin would be near that because it's cheaper to keep your players than bring them in, maybe closer to the $800k mark at most. Possibly less if they were frontloaded.

Also plenty of guys on draftee level contracts, so about the $100k mark.

Lynch would be back loaded to take advantage of the increasing cap.

I'd expect Richmond's cap management wouldn't be too different from GWS or soon Collingwood (Treloar, Sidebottom, Adams, Grundy, etc).

Doubt Reiwoldt or Martin would be near that because it's cheaper to keep your players than bring them in, maybe closer to the $800k mark at most. Possibly less if they were frontloaded.

Also plenty of guys on draftee level contracts, so about the $100k mark.

Lynch would be back loaded to take advantage of the increasing cap.

I'd expect Richmond's cap management wouldn't be too different from GWS or soon Collingwood (Treloar, Sidebottom, Adams, Grundy, etc).
There must be some strain there.

“Sources have confirmed that Martin has agreed to stay at Punt Road, signing a deal worth an estimated $1.2m to $1.3m a season — still well short of the massive seven-year $10.5m offer put to Martin by the Kangaroos.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back