GRAND FINAL 2019 and all its bits and pieces..

Remove this Banner Ad

Youngest median team losing against one of the most experienced - big shock.

/Facepalm

Really? Where did u get that stat? With martin, rich, hodge, robertson et al i would have thought that not possible. So u were you were younger than GC?

Richmond is the team I most want us to beat next year. Richmond is Borg to our McEnroe.

Eagles are Connors:moustache:

Cats are Laver ;)

Youngest median team losing against one of the most experienced - big shock.

/Facepalm

Just checked .. richmond were ranked 11th in median age and brisbane 17th... so wrong on both counts. The tigers arent that old and take out rance who didnt play and it narrows further.

Achieve? nothing in particular but excuse me if I fact check completely false claims by your posters!

By median we are the youngest team in 2020 - underestimated the Hodge factor.

What you're also failing to acknowledge Richmonds finals experience and the experience of their core group of players. Further to that, they had 8 AAs in their team in 2019 - 7 if you exclude Rance - so using Richmonds median in this context paints an inaccurate picture.

Brisbane on the other hand - forgetting about median age for a second - had seven players with 1-3 years experience against Richmond and bad a spine consisting of a 23 year old and 22 year old KPP who were experiencing their longest ever seasons which does take a toll physically.

In the end, we weren't ready to win a flag and Richmonds experience was the difference.

By median we are the youngest team in 2020 - underestimated the Hodge factor.

What you're also failing to acknowledge Richmonds finals experience and the experience of their core group of players. Further to that, they had 8 AAs in their team in 2019 - 7 if you exclude Rance - so using Richmonds median in this context paints an inaccurate picture.

Brisbane on the other hand - forgetting about median age for a second - had seven players with 1-3 years experience against Richmond and bad a spine consisting of a 23 year old and 22 year old KPP who were experiencing their longest ever seasons which does take a toll physically.

In the end, we weren't ready to win a flag and Richmonds experience was the difference.

thats not what you said-you were talking about 2019 when they played the final. I repeat, Richmond were ranked 11th for median age not one of the highest as you suggested so your narrative of the young battlers against the much older team just isn't true. Now you want to change the parameters? I was addressing your incorrect claim about how old the tigers were.

FWIW-they also had a number of players under 30 games-baker, soldo, bolton and throw in pickett in the GF!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However you spin the numbers it was a bunch of talented kids V a battle hardened premiership team.

Even then we had two more scoring shots in one final. 8-17 to 18-4. Convert more of our opportunities and the result could have been different

However you spin the numbers it was a bunch of talented kids V a battle hardened premiership team.

Even then we had two more scoring shots in one final. 8-17 to 18-4. Convert more of our opportunities and the result could have been different

Ok ..thats fine but different to his original poinr. Interstate finals are very hard to win for tge visitors, so an 8 goal win is significant.

For your sake lets hope you have a dream run with injuries again to all your good players.

11 players played every game.. afl no 1.

Last edited:
Ok ..thats fine but different to his original poinr. Interstate finals are very hard to win for tge visitors, so an 8 goal win is significant.

For your sake lets hope you have a dream run with injuries again to all your good players.

11 players played every game.. afl no 1.
Oh are you back here with your weird Richmond-focused trolling as a Geelong "fan"? I'd recommend posting less rubbish or going somewhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back