• Cats

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Do they really need to be bringing all their own children up when getting their medals.

It isn't about your kids right now. You should be giving the attention to the kids handing over the medals, not having your children walking in the photography frame ruining the shot for their parents.

Honestly Houli taking his kidsup was one of the moments that made me soften on Richmond a bit. Let some of these older guys like Riewoldt and Hoult have some memorable moments with their kids I reckon.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly should taking his kidsup was one of the moments that made me soften on Richmond a bit. Let some of these older guys like Riewoldt and Hoult have some memorable moments with their kids I reckon.
I just think you can leave your kids on the ground for 60 seconds while you give your full attention and a hat to the auskick kids and so their parents can have proper photos/footage of that moment.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Richmond beat Geelong by 31 points in the GF like they beat us in the SF and we were missing Ryder, Carlisle, Gresham and Long.

Add Crouch and Heeney/DeGoey and we will take them down to Chinatown.

In all seriousness we need to get bigger, tougher and nastier to compete with Richmond because they aren't going away, we need to raise our game.

StKing11

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2015
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, LeBron James
Sad that Ablett’s career had to end like that, my favourite non Saints player ever. Loved watching him for the last 15 years, the little master. All the best in retirement champ thanks for the memories.

Richmond’s team is nothing special on paper but to win 3 in 4 year is insane, I’m looking on in envy. Dusty perhaps the best big game player ever what a beast.

Last edited:

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Interesting that Steven was an emergency. Cats had so many spuds out there and really could have used him.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Melbourne took Trengove and Scully.
Lol at Melbourne
To be fair Dusty would have been traded out or delisted from the Demons during his first contract if he'd landed there and would by now possibly be selling any Brownlow medals he got for crack.

Too much heart and too wild for that Squib club.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Kingsley was highly rated before going to the Tigers. He must be a real shot for a senior gig in the future.
You'd think he might get a gig at a club who haven't already just taken failed punt on a novice coach. Be interested to see who the heir apparent to Dimma is. McQualter? Clarke?

Wouldn't mind testing how strong the old Saints connection is with one of those three assistants.

Edit:
Hmmmmm...

Hardwick: “I’m very lucky that I’ve got some terrific assistants, and a couple of those guys will move on, but the coaching group and the people I have around me do a large amount of work and the reality is I sit at the top and manage those guys.

“But I’m very confident those guys can step up and fill those roles because it’s been a tough year – professionally and personally – so I’ll step back for a little while and won’t come back until maybe February"

Last edited:
Think this night grand final business can be done with now I reckon. Need to stop trying to Americanize the game. It was s**t and didn't feel like a GF at all. Game was alright but the rest very average.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
To be fair Dusty would have been traded out or delisted from the Demons during his first contract if he'd landed there and would by now possibly be selling any Brownlow medals he got for crack.

Too much heart and too wild for that Squib club.
The same could be said if he had of came to the Saints in 2013. 3 years in the bottom 3 or 4 and who knows what he'd have been doing.

That said the blokes amazing and is a finals winning machine. Has almost made me change my mind on De Goey. Almost!!

Hardwick has to go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

You look at this team on paper, compare it to the Lions, Cats & Hawks eras of the last 20 years. Heck, on paper, this team doesn't stack up to the 09/10 Saints or to 10/11 Magpies.

But Dimma has changed the foundation of the competition with his approach.

Yes he has a system. Yes he has a method. Beyond that though he appears to just 'let them play' and the whole team embraces each other and wills themselves to be better.

Then you add in Martin. The finals GOAT. Never have we see a guy switch it on in big games like he does. It's like Michael Jordan, LeBron James or Tom Brady. Incredible.

Right now it feels like age it the only thing that can stop them. Time catching up on JRoo & Houli, Cotch maybe slows down a step... But that's the beauty of the system. Dimma will pull one cog out of the machine & bolt another one in there like he did with Balta & Rance.

Congratulations Tigers. This was the hardest flag to win since the war era. The logistics and people management alone are staggering.

How does anyone stop this mob in 2021?

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Hardwick has to go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

You look at this team on paper, compare it to the Lions, Cats & Hawks eras of the last 20 years. Heck, on paper, this team doesn't stack up to the 09/10 Saints or to 10/11 Magpies.

But Dimma has changed the foundation of the competition with his approach.

Yes he has a system. Yes he has a method. Beyond that though he appears to just 'let them play' and the whole team embraces each other and wills themselves to be better.

Then you add in Martin. The finals GOAT. Never have we see a guy switch it on in big games like he does. It's like Michael Jordan, LeBron James or Tom Brady. Incredible.

Right now it feels like age it the only thing that can stop them. Time catching up on JRoo & Houli, Cotch maybe slows down a step... But that's the beauty of the system. Dimma will pull one cog out of the machine & bolt another one in there like he did with Balta & Rance.

Congratulations Tigers. This was the hardest flag to win since the war era. The logistics and people management alone are staggering.

How does anyone stop this mob in 2021?
Yeah its funny with Hardwick - he was so close to be being sacked because he wouldn't change his ways - the club made him change his approach and now is one of the most successful coaches.

Yeah its funny with Hardwick - he was so close to be being sacked because he wouldn't change his ways - the club made him change his approach and now is one of the most successful coaches.

He was trying so hard to be Clarko 2.0

It's why I love Ratts right now. The whole club just buys in & really embraces what he is doing.

I'd love to win a flag but with the way the comp is 1 flag is probably an underachievement for a top shelf team now!!

Interesting that Steven was an emergency. Cats had so many spuds out there and really could have used him.

Next season will be very interesting for them. They are going to have to go for one more flag tilt with their old team. And chances are it’s not going to work. They’ve made it so much about Danger now that they will need to go again, even to the extent of bringing Higgins in.

Who will be squeezed out bc they’re not getting a game?

Based off history the Tigers are either done or have one year left. Hopefully we’ve timed it well.

I was thinking the same thing last night.

At the end of this season......clubs who have have had prolonged years of success....Haw & Syd have fallen off the cliff....hopefully the Cats next season.

Other clubs are imploding before our eyes.

The other day,a poster summed up the anticipated form of all the teams for next year........it was excellent.

If we can get more things right over the next 5-6 years ...who knows.

They say timing is everything.

It does my head in thinking that a little over 4 years ago....the Tigers were way down the ladder at the end of the 2016 season.

What they have done over the last 4 years is incredible.

Geezington

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
man I cannot wait to see ben long just iron out about 19 campaigners when he plays he’s first grand final, he’s gonna get the longest suspension in history when we make one

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interesting to watch the Tiger's style of play- at every chance, players with the ball look straight to full forward without hesitation and put in that direction without a second thought..it gets the ball deep in the forward line quickly and puts pressure on a backline's ability to set up and run the ball out. We use that style a little, but fiddle around too much in the midfield, and in our case, the forwards are pretty weak defensively, so we can't keep it in there...it killed us against Richmond in the semi final.

Back