• Cats

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just wondering what everyone thoughts on this year's Grand Final are and what will you be doing for the day?

I'm pretty excited about the Cox Plate/Grand Final double on the same day.

We'll be having a BBQ lunch with mates (we are allowed to have 20 people around which meant I had an excuse for not inviting a couple of relitives that my wife would normally make me do) before settling in with a couple of coldies and a great day of racing.

Should be well and truly chirpy by the time the pre game entertainment starts but I'm looking forward to see how it all goes down at night.

In terms of the game, I'm on the Cats bandwagon. Mostly because they are the underdog but I'd also like to see Danger win a flag, he deserves it.

I think I'll watch it simply because it'll be Gary Ablett Jnrs last game. He's been incredibly to watch over the years, and as little interest as I have in a Richmond/Geelong Grand Final, I can't help but feel a little sad that such a great player will be finishing up.

I don't want Geelong to win because Dangerfield is a w***er. I don't want Richmond to win because J Riewoldt is a w***er, and the rest of the team is full of *******s. I do think it would be fitting if Geelong could win for the fairytale finish to Gaz's fabulous career.

As I do every year I will be going to transport for a few pints with 6 mates then walk to the g and have a few in the Percy beams bar before the bounce. Sit in the same seats in the members we seem to fluke every year, helps having an insider, and watch the game hoping for a great game. Can’t wait until Saturday.

The only good thing about it being a Richmond v Geelong GF is that I will get to see one of them lose.

I think I'll watch it simply because it'll be Gary Ablett Jnrs last game. He's been incredibly to watch over the years, and as little interest as I have in a Richmond/Geelong Grand Final, I can't help but feel a little sad that such a great player will be finishing up.

I don't want Geelong to win because Dangerfield is a w***er. I don't want Richmond to win because J Riewoldt is a w***er, and the rest of the team is full of *******s. I do think it would be fitting if Geelong could win for the fairytale finish to Gaz's fabulous career.

Yeah Ablett is one of Geelong's few likeable players and he has been a great player to watch, wouldn't mind seeing him win a flag along with Rhys Stanley.

Can't stand some of Geelong's other players though like Dangerfield and Selwood.

Taking the family away to The Grampians. I booked it without even realising what weekend it was.

Will watch the game with a mate who also happens to be up there at the same site. We will be a bit like the ad- "As I live and breathe..."

Few bush walks with the family and hook into the beers anf BBQ about 3pm

Will have my usual heap of 1st goal kicker / norm smith doubles. Have done ok over the years with them ($600 last year and $1200 in 2011).

Hoping the cats win coz I hate Richmond. Think Richmond win tho

Taking the family away to The Grampians. I booked it without even realising what weekend it was.

Will watch the game with a mate who also happens to be up there at the same site. We will be a bit like the ad- "As I live and breathe..."

Few bush walks with the family and hook into the beers anf BBQ about 3pm

Will have my usual heap of 1st goal kicker / norm smith doubles. Have done ok over the years with them ($600 last year and $1200 in 2011).

Hoping the cats win coz I hate Richmond. Think Richmond win tho

Can picture you & your mate now Kegs, trying to get good reception to watch the game.

DD5A4804-C3C6-496D-B073-69A2BFACEE0A.jpeg

All of the above plus you could add Hawkins & Lynch into that wankfest, IMO think Geelong will be too strong on the day.
Hopefully it’s a close game with plenty of big hits & marks.

It's hard to get motivated for it...but I'll be going for Geelong. The old bastards can get it out of their system, then they can fall off a cliff with 15 retirements announced in the off season.
F*CK Richmond.
Hope Cotchin gets KO'd running out of the tunnel before the first bounce by an errant pigeon, Dusty plays like crap, and Lynch single handedly Loses them the game by kicking it out on the full after the final siren.
Geelong by 5 points...but probably Richmond by 20.

It's hard to get motivated for it...but I'll be going for Geelong. The old bastards can get it out of their system, then they can fall off a cliff with 15 retirements announced in the off season.
F*CK Richmond.
Hope Cotchin gets KO'd running out of the tunnel before the first bounce by an errant pigeon, Dusty plays like crap, and Lynch single handedly Loses them the game by kicking it out on the full after the final siren.
Geelong by 5 points...but probably Richmond by 20.

I hate them both but maybe want Richmond to break Geelong's heart again. Geelong aren't forgiven for 2009 yet. It took me about 20 years to get over Adelaide beating us in 97 so Geelong still have a way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Floggy coaches, floggy players and I know so many floggy supporters of both sides that I really don't want to pick a winner. My interest is at an all-time low and I likely won't be sitting down to watch.

May as well call it the AvP game.
SmartSelect_20201019-094902_Brave.jpg

Can't decide what I would like to see more, Dangerfield to finish without a flag, or the look on the Richmond player's faces when they lose it. So conflicting.

Living in Geelong during GF week is going to be hell... I'd love GAJ to go out on a high, but I have family who are Richmond fans... so that's who I'll be cheering on... having said that... Manikato Stakes night on Friday night, Cox Plate during the day on Saturday... not sure if I'll make it to the GF :oops:

I'd rather Geelong win personally. Richmond have had their time, but more importantly, I'm still upset about Cotchin's 'tackle' on Jones and how he laughed afterwards. If I have to see Cotchin laugh one more time...

If you'd asked me this question last year, I would have said Richmond. Geelong deserve it this year though, they've played well.

Honestly could not think of 2 teams i wouldn't want to win it more than these 2. Hate Geelong and Dangerfield, so will be going for Richmond. The break and restart, along with shortened season and games helped Geelong more than any other team. Not to mention their supporters will be unbearable. Already the majority of them are self-entitled w***ers.

Hope there is a meteor strike at around 8pm that obliterates the Gabba and both teams (as well as McAvaney , BT et al).

And screw “ the little tosser “.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t get the 2 team hate. I would if it was port and wce. Like both sides. Never used to like tigers but knowing the coach makes it good. Also knowing Rhys may win a flag is also good. Just wish jack was playing but sadly that’s a no.

and finally it’s a grand final and that usually means a great game. Pity it’s only the third I will miss in the last 25 years. One of my mates has seen the last 42. He isn’t happy. He has also seen the last 40 cox plates and the last 37 Melbourne cups. He isn’t going to be happy.

Back