AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2020: Richmond v Geelong

Who will be premiers?

• Tigers

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Cats

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought that a contributing factor in the 2009 GF was the fact that a great Cats team feared for what their legacy would be if they lost. Having lost unexpectedly to the Hawks in 08 I'm sure they were hell bent on not losing again in 09.

I've always thought that had we played anyone else in the 09 GF we would've won.

For that reason I'm expecting Richmond to win today. 3 out of 4 flags sounds a lot better than 2 out of 4 if you're talking dynasties. I know we lost 2 in a row but hey, you're talking about St.Kilda.

Richmond in a close one for me.

Luckily it'll be on during the day here so I'll have plenty to do rather than watch this event.

I don't mind either team to be honest, but the Cats have much less flogs in their side and a bit sick of the Dusty love in so I'll be a Cats fan for the day.

Having said that, wet weather plays into the Tigers hands (paws?) so once again, expecting to be disappointed at the end of a grand final.

Go Cats. Smash those flogs from tigerland. Gaz to finish on a high.

Teach a lesson to my tiger supporting mate who said we suck at developing talent. He also has it in for Wilkie as well.

Decided I'll watch the game. Have told my partner that since the Saints aren't playing its OK that she

A - watch the game with me and

B - make as many inane and ill informed football comments as she likes.

Has anyone posted that Richmond should win as for at least the last 5 times we have made the finals, and won a final, we have been beaten by the team that went on to be premiers. this would be the 6th in a row - 2004 Port, 2005 swans, 2008 hawks, 2009 cats (obviously) and 2010 (pies).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Brady was out of sync. Haha so much for live
I was too busy singing along to notice. He has a phenomenal voice for a 60 year old.

Here we ******* go lads.

Back