AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2021: Melbourne v Western Bulldogs

Who will be premiers?

• Melbourne

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
I could say that I'm hoping for a covid outbreak in WA in time for the game to be called off, and lasting long enough for the AFL to decide to abandon the 2021 Premiership and get on with the 2022 season (they would hand out participation certificates to all 18 clubs so all is not lost ;) )

I could say that, however that would be unfair on those WA residents who would catch the virus and have to deal with the medical consequences of that.

So I won't say it.

Couldn't give a flying rat's toss bag about this game

Has a real, "if the ball is bounced on the ground and no one gives a toss, is a ball actually bounced?" feel to it.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
So jealous 🤢
Well the big picture hurts even more......they have 12 CUPs to our single solitary immaculate one.......now we are expected to lay down and venerate their absence from glory and support their fragility, ha!. 1964.... oddly two years prior to our lamentably singular but glorious moment in Time/Space. Perhaps that augurs well for our future aspirations to be fulfilled....... maybe within or on the 60th anniversary!!!

It certainly would be a story if Melbourne happen to loose this year and we meet them in the ultimate battle for the souls of mankind. The DEMONS versus the SAINTS. The Battle for Heaven and the Holy Grail. Both of us roughly 60 years from our last win perhaps 2025. Six as in sixty years for both....within the Judeo /Christian and even pagan numerical understanding I believe is the number on the Tree of Life 6 being of Tifareth one of Beauty..THAT BEAUTY BEING of the middle path one of great import for us. To be reigning Premiers in 2026. I believe it will be our time!!:)

I know ...a stretch too far but it certainly injects a little mystique and wonder into the equation.

Last edited:
We had our chances - 97 I cried, 09 I was angry, 10a I was disappointed and 10b I was pretty much meh after q1. Plenty of opportunity to add to the cupboard but it wasnt to be.

Swap responses for the first two and was me. Though my anger was more on AFL for lacking a spine, brain, heart..

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Meh in a few years it’ll be like ‘eh ok’ like how we look at the dogs 16 win.

just want a good game and a few of my bets to come off.

I have a feeling I’ll go for the dees. But I don’t seem to dislike the dogs team as much as I did in 16. Bonts a legend. Libbas a deadset weirdo that I love. Bailey smith is walking the talk.A shame Bruce won’t be out there. He deserves to be.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Despite my hatred of playing for free kicks, I prefer the Dogs to win. I like Bevo, I like Bont, and I'll never forget their supporters shaking tins for our Save Our Saints donations in the 90s. We're lucky to still be here as a club.

Apart from that, this is just holding up trade period from starting.
I get all that, but my opinion on the bulldogs soured last year when their President started talking about some teams not being sustainable and not worth keeping around. He was clearly talking about St Kilda, which is a bit rich given their financial situation. They get gifted a flag by the umps and think they're top s**t.

If any team has to be relocated or merged - I'm advocating for the Bulldogs for that simply because of their President. Unnecessary comments from the President of a team that quickly forgot where they came from.

Just an FYI that this'll be the preview, gameday and autopsy.

Can you open the autopsy part early (like now) please so we can ignore whoever‘s won and move straight on to trade week?
😉🤣

6d1765ede3c79b746a136e4a7faf645d.jpg

Back