AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes true but kolo cops a bit on here, goes better than critics post, gets a role on a star most weeks, and not expected to feature in stats.

I think our backs apart from Stewart cope it on here becuase their not great with ball in hand.

KK does he's job.
No star.
No credit.

grum

Cancelled
Sep 5, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
I think our backs apart from Stewart cope it on here becuase their not great with ball in hand.

KK does he's job.
No star.
No credit.
Fritsch has been hot even b4 finals, and prelim backmen had to b mids it was down there that much.

Fritsch kicked 6 should have been 7 in a grand final, would have been in convo 4 normy, kicked how many against lions.

Are you guys marking too hard, or are you expected to nullify a star, and get 20 odd if you play 4 geelong.

By making it a twilight game in WA the AFL lost all chance of the US audience watching it by chance.. I slept thru it blissfully.

230 am start here when its normally 930 pm on a MCG Granny.

Demons too good and all those priority picks paid off for them.

And at least we got whalloped only by 20 points more than the GF loser did.

Demons just too good at the right time of the year for too long. Credit to them.

GO Catters

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
By making it a twilight game in WA the AFL lost all chance of the US audience watching it by chance.. I slept thru it blissfully.

Demons just too good at the right time of the year for too long. Credit to them.

GO Catters
You didn't need to be in the States Das I'd had a big day with commitments and hit the sack early.

Mar 3, 2012
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Their midfield just got on top and put their foot down and the dogs had no answer. With 6-6-6 if you can get a run on its hard to stop. Our forward line could do something similar with the right delivery but our midfield isnt what theirs is.
We do not have a pack marking forward. That is what we need. Hawkins plays man on man and Cameron is more of a helf forward flanker.

xtatik222k

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Geelong
I miss the days when our footy club would produce games like that when it mattered. We've had only a couple of resounding performances in finals in the last decade, but never really against a serious contender and never when it matters most. Must be so satisfying to see your team put the foot on the throat in the big dance. I'm happy for Melbourne supporters and I miss following a team capable of that kind of thing.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Their dynasty is just starting. They'll be excellent for 5 years given their young talent

They could be, and not doubting the quality of their list which is far superior to Richmond’s list of 17-20. But there have been plenty of occasions where something similar has been said about other teams and it doesn’t eventuate - Collingwood of 2010 was going to win another three flags, the young Bulldogs of 2016 would be unstoppable for the next decade etc. Hawthorn did a half rebuild of its 2008 flag team before they started their three peat five years later.

Gawn and May will both be 30+ at the start of next season, they had a dream run with injury all season particularly in comparison with the other top 4 teams including us.

Dees will be deserved favourites going into next season but I’m not handing them the next two flags now…

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
For a moment leading up to half time I kinda felt like Geelong would have been in that match.. but just like the prelim, their second half was just obliterating!

well done to them, I’m glad for them and for football fairytales that they won

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

GO Catters
Where as the European audience got it on a sunny autumn's morning (11am), instead of the usual 2am. Timezones huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back