AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressed with Fyfe's haircut anyone? Just saw him on Fox..... Not sure I have seen much worse...
Nope - sport is dead to me

As far as I'm concerned the football seasoned finished 2 weeks ago, though I did make an exception to watch the Storm today but come 6pm it was confirmed that football was done for the year

Nope - sport is dead to me

As far as I'm concerned the football seasoned finished 2 weeks ago, though I did make an exception to watch the Storm today but come 6pm it was confirmed that football was done for the year

Got the 3rd women's ODI tomorrow. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this, Melbourne aren't just cleaner across half back, they're cleaner across the whole field than Richmond ever were. They're nowhere near as stylistically reliant on those knock-ons and taps and fugly smash-it-forward-at-all-costs philosophy.

Agree: Melbourne are better structured when running forward than the Tigers ever were.
They have 1 or 2 blokes go contest the hard ball and feed it out to a bunch of outside mids who move the ball forward.
When they run forward they do so unison and keep their formation structure.
You can see this when they do a quick overhead blind handball directly to a waiting player.
Same with the teammates running 30m ahead of play who also stay in formation.
They look so clean once they gain possession because they know where every player should be at all times.
It is anything but chaos football.

The reason why they totally dismantled Geelong is that 3 Cats chased the same ball
leaving the Demon players free waiting on the outside.
The 3 Cats would then all chase the Demon with the footy while the rest of the Demons all ran forward unmanned.
When the Cats won the hard ball they had 3 players standing within 1.5m of each other all under pressure
Encircled by a ring of Demons waiting to pick off an errant handball.
Back in 2007 Cats had one player waiting 5m behind the pack to feed the ball to.
The Demons have a ring on free players as options.

Their midfield just got on top and put their foot down and the dogs had no answer. With 6-6-6 if you can get a run on its hard to stop. Our forward line could do something similar with the right delivery but our midfield isnt what theirs is.
Bulldogs had them on the ropes but when Jackson came back into the ruck they just got that kamikaze, straight ahead centre clearances which are just the worst to defend - the mids can run in waves at the goals, have shots from 50 or pick the best one on one target. Bulldog mids could just not stop the ball getting behind them - against such a great mid field that is ‘fatal’.

Bulldogs had them on the ropes but when Jackson came back into the ruck they just got that kamikaze, straight ahead centre clearances which are just the worst to defend - the mids can run in waves at the goals, have shots from 50 or pick the best one on one target. Bulldog mids could just not stop the ball getting behind them - against such a great mid field that is ‘fatal’.

Agree him and gawn were huge.

Petracca will hopefully get it

I'll never forget that little chat we had way back in 2013 or 2014.

You said this about Petracca . . .

Next Year, I already want CHRISTIAN PETRACCA.
Whatever it takes to get him will be worth it.
Think Ablett snr without issues.
Big call?- sure, I'm up for this one. (I did pick Boyd at this stage 2 years ago, but bllnd Freddy did too.)
I watched with interest his older teammates this year in awe of his talent and work ethic

You were adamant he was going to be the next big thing

Terrfic insight :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back