AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

And…. One of those guys used his role to get a senior coaching gig and wasn’t successful and sacked.

the other is a career trainer

ironically Im in Perth and saw Richo in the hotel foyer.

nice guy, I joked around and said I heard your coming back to Port, he laughed and said is that the rumour? I said no just me making stuff up, he laughed 😂

And…. One of those guys used his role to get a senior coaching gig and wasn’t successful and sacked.

the other is a career trainer

100% agree the third bloke is the odd one out: refuses to learn from his mistakes.

Saw the Melbourne president on the news last night saying they sold $1M in merchandise on Monday. She said it was 3 years worth of merch in one day.

Not wishing injuries on anybody, but surely that won't happen 2 years in a row. It'll be interesting to see how the Dees back up next year (although chances are, they'll be right up there again).

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saw the Melbourne president on the news last night saying they sold $1M in merchandise on Monday. She said it was 3 years worth of merch in one day.
Imagine winning and at the same time putting a dent in the debt ... perhaps it's something worth focussing on after all.

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just had a look at the replay from the point where Fritsch gets the first goal back for Melb in the third qtr. From that point on, under the pressure of a GF, their set shot goal kicking was immaculate. They missed only one set shot in that time (Fritsch. The other 3 points were 2 rushed and a Petracca on the run from outside 50)
11 of their last 16 goals were set shots that not only went through but were near enough close to the centre between the goal posts. Their goals in play were Petracca's Daicos-like goal, Sparrow's off one step outside 50, Oliver's burst through the 50 all pretty much splitting the centre and Salem's snap which took a kind bounce through.

I thought I'd post this for a read relating to a coach admitting his errors and DO we need to work hardery/longery on goalkicking?

‘Poor coaching’ saw the Demons waste their new star forward for years. Now he’s ‘incredible’

"Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin admits “poor coaching” limited Bayley Fritsch’s early impact at the club before he turned into the star forward that helped lead them to a flag."

“He’s worked incredibly hard on his mastery around his goalkicking, he’s got enormous talent, he sees the game incredibly well both in the air and on ground level."

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just had a look at the replay from the point where Fritsch gets the first goal back for Melb in the third qtr. From that point on, under the pressure of a GF, their set shot goal kicking was immaculate. They missed only one set shot in that time (Fritsch. The other 3 points were 2 rushed and a Petracca on the run from outside 50)
11 of their last 16 goals were set shots that not only went through but were near enough close to the centre between the goal posts. Their goals in play were Petracca's Daicos-like goal, Sparrow's off one step outside 50, Oliver's burst through the 50 all pretty much splitting the centre and Salem's snap which took a kind bounce through.

I thought I'd post this for a read relating to a coach admitting his errors and DO we need to work hardery/longery on goalkicking?

‘Poor coaching’ saw the Demons waste their new star forward for years. Now he’s ‘incredible’

"Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin admits “poor coaching” limited Bayley Fritsch’s early impact at the club before he turned into the star forward that helped lead them to a flag."

“He’s worked incredibly hard on his mastery around his goalkicking, he’s got enormous talent, he sees the game incredibly well both in the air and on ground level."
In 9 years has Ken ever made a statement like this? Taking responsibility for anything at all?

And that’s just one day. Imagine the overall total after a week.

And at half time they were 5.9 and everyone thought they were kicking themselves out of the game.

Sometimes you get on a run that permeates the whole team and it feels like you can't miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that’s just one day. Imagine the overall total after a week.

It's just insane. Port supporters would buy merchandise like crazy people.

I don’t like thinking about the amount of money I would spend. That’s a problem when it happens haha.

I don’t like thinking about the amount of money I would spend. That’s a problem when it happens haha.

If it's on the Visa it's not like you really spent it, right?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Play and win a GF in the Prison Bars and the club would be making at least 5 million profit on Merch. The way they simultaneously keep a cost sink in Hinkley and don't push our one real debt buster in the PB's, for the PB merchandise everyone wants, does the head in.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
West Australian Police Minister Paul Papalia says the actions of two Melbourne Demons fans who allegedly sneaked into the state to attend the AFL grand final were “despicable” and called for the pair to face jail time.

“These two individuals and anyone else who’s acted in that way, allegedly, are entitled, despicable criminals and I hope that the full force of the law is thrown at them,” he said.

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't remember Petracca being soft. Rozee will never make it as a midfielder, he'll be doing well to consistently produce as a forward.
I do, and I remember him copping it on a weekly basis from Garry Lyon. “He’s not a great player, he’s a mile off” reckon that was either last year or the year before. Lyon intimated he thought Petracca was soft. Connor Rozee is 21 and he’s been playing with an injury for most of the year. I understand why you’re critical but I reckon you’ve got to give the kid a year to get stronger, faster and work on his craft. Petracca has 4 years on Rozee.

I do, and I remember him copping it on a weekly basis from Garry Lyon. “He’s not a great player, he’s a mile off” reckon that was either last year or the year before. Lyon intimated he thought Petracca was soft. Connor Rozee is 21 and he’s been playing with an injury for most of the year. I understand why you’re critical but I reckon you’ve got to give the kid a year to get stronger, faster and work on his craft. Petracca has 4 years on Rozee.

The original comment comparing Rozee to Petracca is odd. Rozee seems much more like the young Wingard. To my eyes I think Bergman who is roughly the same size may have a frame to carry more bulk and eventually be crashing through things at high speed. Petracca is built just like Wines but has developed burst speed. Do wonder about Rozee going through some similar ups and downs as Wingard finding a physical balance between explosive ball winner and crafty forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back