AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

I suspect a sociopath Crows supporter/Triple M sent it - surely none of ours are that dumb are they??

Adelaide postmark on the one sent to Gawn, and signing off "Port Power" on the one sent to Pendles a few years ago suggests the author is likely a Crows person "extracting the urine".

I'll give them one thing though, by accident or design they do a fair job mocking that uniquely "Old (PortFan) Spice" whiff of self importance we can give off that runs way ahead of our actual achievement in this day and age in the AFL comp. You know its a fake, and it still stings a bit.

Now I'm going to crawl back under a rock until this game is over. Guess if the Dogs smash the Dees we can prolong the desperate hope that we're not that far off, and that protects our sense of self importance ;) Also, ^&*% any universe or destiny that tolerates Simon Goodbet as an AFL premiership coach.

No Kevin Bloody Wilson for the GF entertainment, but it is dominated by WA acts.

On Saturday morning, the AFL confirmed Perth-based alternative rock group The Birds of Tokyo will headline the Grand Final’s halftime show alongside the West Australian Symphony Orchestra.

The ARIA Award winners previously performed at the pre-match show back in 2013, when Hawthorn toppled the Fremantle Dockers.

This year’s pre-match entertainment is loaded with West Australian talent, including John Butler, Eskimo Joe, Abbe May, indie phenom Stella Donnelly, Men at Work’s Colin Hay and Young Australian of the Year Baker Boy.

The Waifs’ Donna Simpson and Vikki Thorn and Indigenous duo Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse will also feature.

No Kevin Bloody Wilson for the GF entertainment, but it is dominated by WA acts.

On Saturday morning, the AFL confirmed Perth-based alternative rock group The Birds of Tokyo will headline the Grand Final’s halftime show alongside the West Australian Symphony Orchestra.

The ARIA Award winners previously performed at the pre-match show back in 2013, when Hawthorn toppled the Fremantle Dockers.

This year’s pre-match entertainment is loaded with West Australian talent, including John Butler, Eskimo Joe, Abbe May, indie phenom Stella Donnelly, Men at Work’s Colin Hay and Young Australian of the Year Baker Boy.

The Waifs’ Donna Simpson and Vikki Thorn and Indigenous duo Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse will also feature.
'The Birds of Tokyo'. *in' hell.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
When did that happen? Is Isla a Perth girl?

Yes, Isla was from here originally (well apart from being born in Oman). I think they're just visiting atm (it's not what you know, etc), but there's some talk about them making it more permanent.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All this talk of Melbourne's last premiership was in 1964 is utter crap.

Melbourne have 0 premierships in the AFL competition.

If Victorians can include VFL premierships, Port Adelaide can too, we have have won 37 premierships.

Imo , premierships and other achievements should only be acknowledged in the AFL competion to be fair to clubs that were created and have no prior history to the AFL.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Western Australia v South Australia at Optus Stadium, 1pm AWST / 3.00pm AEST

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
B:
F. Gorringe, J. Busslinger, L. Michael
HB: J. Avery, J. van Rooyen, S. Gilbey
C: B. Hough, K. Dittmar, A. Jones
HF: K. Harbour, J. Amiss, L. Paton
F: E. Benning, L. Polson, J. Stretch
Foll: J. Broadbent, M. Johnson, J. Tunstill
I/C: O. Armstrong, K. Bevan, C. Bourne, R. Farmer, Z. Fleiner

Emerg: D. Curtin, J. Draper, G. Julian

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
B:
Z. Becker, J. Parish, M. Litster
HB: A. Draper, O. Adams, B. O'Loughlin
C: L. Rayson, H. Harrison, N. Wanganeen-Milera
HF: C. Kennedy, L. Cooke, W. Spain
F: H. Lemmey, J. Lukac, I. Dudley
Foll: O. Steene, M. Liddy, S. Linke
I/C: A. D'Aloia, L. Grubb, H. Jackson, M. Michalanney, J. Owens

Emerg: C. Beecken, B. Calvett, H. Stagg, L. Whitelum

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All this talk of Melbourne's last premiership was in 1964 is utter crap.

Melbourne have 0 premierships in the AFL competition.

If Victorians can include VFL premierships, Port Adelaide can too, we have have won 37 premierships.

Imo , premierships and other achievements should only be acknowledged in the AFL competion to be fair to clubs that were created and have no prior history to the AFL.

The issue with this approach is that then you're using a bunch of years as somehow being elevated because they contained a very small handful of non-VFL sides. Example - Collingwood won in 1990 with the VFL and 3 interstate sides in their infancy (two of whom came last and second last).

It should be really simple. Premierships are those won by an AFL club in the highest level of football the club existed in at the time the premiership was won, be that WAFL, SANFL, VFL, NEAFL, or AFL.

Melbourne have 12 flags.
Port Adelaide have 35 flags (34 won before 1997 in the SANFL, 1 won after 1997 in the AFL).

Wazza69

Senior List
May 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Grand final eve.my teams not paying tomorrow but I’m starting to get excited for the grand final tomorrow.should be a ball tearer once the nerves settle between these 2 teams.both the best all year and deserve to be there.I don’t have any dislike for iether but I’m going for the Dees simply bcoz it’s been so long for them and their supporters and the Neale Daniher connection would make it that little bit sweeter.Go Dees !!!!

Sorry didn’t realise it was a Port thread.delete as you see fit.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hope the game is decided by something memorable, like Cody Weightman missing from the goal square, after receiving his 94th controversial free kick of the season.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...l/news-story/01871a9da81d02af14254b1429f87172
Perth’s lord mayor Basil Zempilas is being torched by some fans online after a gesture of goodwill that’s divided the country.
The high profile Channel 7 star revealed on Friday event organisers are formally asking the crowd of 60,000 West Australians to stand and applaud in a supposedly kind act towards the rest of the country doing it tough with Covid-19 restrictions.

“(At) 20.21 in the first quarter (of the AFL Grand Final), we’re asking everyone in the stadium to stand for one minute and applaud — a nod to our friends around the country who are doing it tough & to let them know we’re with them in this difficult time,” Zempilas tweeted to his 20,000 followers.

“Let’s do it WA.”

lmao basil you patronising campaigner. maybe you could execute the homeless as a tribute to the rest of australia instead.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Basil Zempilas looks like Jeff Goldblum if he had cerebral palsy.

C'mon, be fair. This is his one chance to project his self obsession on the national stage and he's grabbed it with both ham fists.

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 12.39.44 pm.png

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...l/news-story/01871a9da81d02af14254b1429f87172
Perth’s lord mayor Basil Zempilas is being torched by some fans online after a gesture of goodwill that’s divided the country.
The high profile Channel 7 star revealed on Friday event organisers are formally asking the crowd of 60,000 West Australians to stand and applaud in a supposedly kind act towards the rest of the country doing it tough with Covid-19 restrictions.

“(At) 20.21 in the first quarter (of the AFL Grand Final), we’re asking everyone in the stadium to stand for one minute and applaud — a nod to our friends around the country who are doing it tough & to let them know we’re with them in this difficult time,” Zempilas tweeted to his 20,000 followers.

“Let’s do it WA.”

lmao basil you patronising campaigner. maybe you could execute the homeless as a tribute to the rest of australia instead.

#notmylordmayor

Back