AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't nab one in the next 2 years before the 20th anniversary of our first its hard to see us winning one for a while with a impending full rebuild. Post gf blues hit hard lol
The reality is how many non-Vic sides have won a gf excluding after the team they built with their concession picks.

That’s the crows 2, ours, the Eagles in the 90’s, the Brisbane’s flags came after the merger and the be first of that, and I can’t remember about Sydney if they won after they were formed?

Take those away and the only gf wins outside of that is west coast in the 2000’s with them being a powerhouse with an insane home ground umpiring assistance and swans most recent with the cola assist that bought them buddy Franklin.

I honestly think non-Vic sides will struggle to win a gf every 50 years. And that’s the way the vfl wants it

This is why were nowhere near it.

Trac Oliver unbelievable stoppage power and burst speed from contest. Hack the ball forward but still clean

We have Wal and we hoped that SPP would be the player Oliver is but he hasnt turned out that way. Weve thrown SPP all over the field when we should have developed him in tbe middle. Oliver isnt the most clean kick but dees play him to his strengths.

Thing is those guys are so young we have Boak and Gray who wont match their speed, Drew a tagger. Butters SPP dont have the same power and output

Well the best thing about this is Joel O'Keefe putting up clips from the game on Instagram with Melbourne bitters and AC/DC in the background

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

We need a complete rethink I could name 8 players in our current team at least that wont get us there.

One of the most galling hallmarks of the Hinkley reign has been his persistence with players that won’t deliver a flag.

Jake Bowey 7 games, 7 wins, inc 3 finals and 1 flag.

Nathan Jones 302 games, 101 wins, 5 finals inc 3 wins.

The game just isnt fair sometimes.

The reality is how many non-Vic sides have won a gf excluding after the team they built with their concession picks.

That’s the crows 2, ours, the Eagles in the 90’s, the Brisbane’s flags came after the merger and the be first of that, and I can’t remember about Sydney if they won after they were formed?

Take those away and the only gf wins outside of that is west coast in the 2000’s with them being a powerhouse with an insane home ground umpiring assistance and swans most recent with the cola assist that bought them buddy Franklin.

I honestly think non-Vic sides will struggle to win a gf every 50 years. And that’s the way the vfl wants it
Look at west coast huge club lots of resources etc. Yet since freo entered the afl in 95 that's 26 years ago, since that time west coast have won only 2 flags both by under a kick. I'm probably making excuses for ken giving that stat which I'm not trying to but it's defineatly the afls wish for non vic flags to be few and far between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1632575418932.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dees lost Prelim by 11 goals in 2018 ,finished 2nd last in2019, loaded up with good draft selections and have won the granny 2 yrs later. Maybe you have to work the system for ultimate success.

I did laugh at the interview with Choco. He only said We when referring to Melbourne right at the end and all but told BT to piss off.

Dees lost Prelim by 11 goals in 2018 ,finished 2nd last in2019, loaded up with good draft selections and have won the granny 2 yrs later. Maybe you have to work the system for ultimate success.

West Coast have a history of doing similar if I’m not mistaken

Yep we are on track for bottom 4 finish next year and we will be coachless to boot. It will take at least 3 years to with a competent coach to be in contention again and thats with our sole elite midfielder Wines nudging 30.

I dont normaly sit behind the goals but did in Shanghai in 2017 and watched closely Stephen May stand Robbie Gray. Robbie was giving away cms and kgs but he turned May inside out several times. Now he is a premier KPD in the league and along with Lever rhe lynchpin of Melbourne's defence. How things change.

It took 13 years for drafting Jack Watts to pay off. 2008 taken pick 1, 2017 traded to Port for pick 31 Dees use pick 31 to draft Fritsch. Kicks 6 in a GF and turns it late in the 3rd quarter. Most goals in a GF since Jarman's 6 in 1997.

I dont normaly sit behind the goals but did in Shanghai in 2017 and watched closely Stephen May stand Robbie Gray. Robbie was giving away cms and kgs but he turned May inside out several times. Now he is a premier KPD in the league and along with Lever rhe lynchpin of Melbourne's defence. How things change.
Was that when he was a bit out of shape? I rated him at GC we should've gone after him.

Yep we are on track for bottom 4 finish next year and we will be coachless to boot. It will take at least 3 years to with a competent coach to be in contention again and thats with our sole elite midfielder Wines nudging 30.
Lol I’m pretty pessimistic on our chances of winning the flag next year with our coach and his gameplan and some selections we persist with but bottom 4 is just ridiculous.

No ******* chance. We had a crazy injury list and still finished top 4.

Our issue isn’t that we’re s**t, it’s that we aren’t good enough.

In all likelihood we finish high-ish again next year and then finish finals as also-rans.

Was that when he was a bit out of shape? I rated him at GC we should've gone after him.
He wasnt out of shape. He let himself go the next year and then those 8 weeks after he was traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back