AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who will win the 2021 AFL Grand Final

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought if the weight of expectation was going to affect them it would have happened in the prelim. They might get beaten by the Dogs but I doubt they'll just not show up.

I am not suggesting Melbourne will not show up, rather Bulldogs have rarely been on all cylinders possibly.

Beating Geelong seems a little soft these days

I felt the doggies PF was more impressive than the dees. The way the doggies crafted their forward entries to take Aliir and Jonas out of the game shows they‘ve got good footy IQ. If they can replicate that against a similar backline they’re in with a great chance. Doggies by 16 for me.

For the neutrals I just hope its a good, close game.

100 per cent on the the Doggies to win this. Not buying into the media hype at all about the fairytale premiership for the GoDees.
Expecting Keath & Weightman to be selected for the Dogs to further strengthen their line up. Dogs have some significant edges over their opposition namely:
Previous Grand Final experience, a very astute & tactical coach in Beveridge, a deep midfield that will take some countering by their opposition (good luck there), a well organised, flexible, dependable backline that runs hard out of defence to set up forward scoring chains & their forward line is very unpredictable, hard to match up on & also work hard for each other to create space, generate mismatches & hence more goal scoring opportunities. The thought of the GoDees winning the flag & equaling the Tigers Premiership tally would be just totally reprehensible on all levels.

100 per cent on the the Doggies to win this. Not buying into the media hype at all about the fairytale premiership for the GoDees.
Expecting Keath & Weightman to be selected for the Dogs to further strengthen their line up. Dogs have some significant edges over their opposition namely:
Previous Grand Final experience, a very astute & tactical coach in Beveridge, a deep midfield that will take some countering by their opposition (good luck there), a well organised, flexible, dependable backline that runs hard out of defence to set up forward scoring chains & their forward line is very unpredictable, hard to match up on & also work hard for each other to create space, generate mismatches & hence more goal scoring opportunities. The thought of the GoDees winning the flag & equaling the Tigers Premiership tally would be just totally reprehensible on all levels.

If we write off Geelong, Melbourne beat the Lions in Melbourne convincingly.

Bulldogs just got them in Brisbane with controversy but I think Lions where a little stronger than the Melbourne match up with ins to.

Port possibly got ahead of themselves beating Geelong.

I think it will be close but Bulldogs might have an edge with a close to full team back

So happy that these two teams are playing in the GF. I actually don't give a s**t who wins so it'll be a nice relaxing day.

I will LOL if Melbourne choke though.

I have a slab and Footy Feast Hamper sorted for the day!

It'll be a weird feeling not seeing the Tigers win the GF or Collingwood choke it as we have in the last 5 years.

I think a lot of posters on here want the dogs to win. The reality is Melbourne has been the most consistent team all year. IMO their backline is much better, midfield is slightly 5% better, and forward line's are in the dogs favour properly. With this being said McDonald, Pickett, Fritch etc are quite underrated. I see this being most likely a game that can go either way as a close one or the Dee's win in a canter with a big 3rd QTR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finding it hard to muster up any interest in this. Was planning to go to the Zoo but it's closed.

Beveridge is strategically adept so get ready for some surprises. Just hope that the umps don't actually determine the result.

Finding it hard to muster up any interest in this. Was planning to go to the Zoo but it's closed.

Beveridge is strategically adept so get ready for some surprises. Just hope that the umps don't actually determine the result.
Why the lack of interest?
  • One club traditional working class battlers with a proud but unsuccessful history.
  • The other the original silver-tails with all the success in the world and a key part of the development of our game, but now have the longest premiership drought in the AFL.
  • After Port showed their soft underbelly (yet again) both teams are deserving of a GF berth, and have the best chance of giving us a cracking game.
  • First GF in Perth and will have a capacity crowd - just another thing to get excited about.
For mine this has the potential to be a great GF, and I can't see why any follower of the game (as opposed to a club) wouldn't be excited.

Why the lack of interest?
  • One club traditional working class battlers with a proud but unsuccessful history.
  • The other the original silver-tails with all the success in the world and a key part of the development of our game, but now have the longest premiership drought in the AFL.
  • After Port showed their soft underbelly (yet again) both teams are deserving of a GF berth, and have the best chance of giving us a cracking game.
  • First GF in Perth and will have a capacity crowd - just another thing to get excited about.
For mine this has the potential to be a great GF, and I can't see why any follower of the game (as opposed to a club) wouldn't be excited.
As a neutral supporter I've tried to watch games this year but the standard of games and manipulating of rules to "bring us to the pack" has left me disillusioned. I've also had my fair share of watching other teams play off for a premiership over the years. It's also too great a jump going from playing in a GF last year to missing the finals. I've got no real love for either contender this year but seeing the Dees flag drought continue would be nice.

Who I think will win : Melbourne

Who I want to win: Bulldogs

Why I want the Bulldogs over Melbourne.
- Bulldogs only have 2 flags in their history.
- If Melbourne win they would be equal flags as us (13).
- Gary Lyon.
- The media fawning over Melbourne over the last few weeks and ignoring the Bulldogs.
- Melbourne are acting like they already won it (admittedly they are the better side, but they shouldn't discount the Bulldogs).

I'm looking forward to this 2 young sides going at it. Must admit didn't hold much hope the way Dogs finished the season but came good. Think the pressure will get the Dees and dogs will run away with it.
What is it with the time slot as I thought Melb Perth time difference was 3 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back