AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who will win the 2021 AFL Grand Final

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
Basil announcing the norm smith himself and not letting the winning coach make a speech was the highlight of last night, what a w***er 🤣🤣🤣
He’s a *en moron seriously, what was with the applause , did anyone do that , I would have been more impressed had the lass who sung the national anthem did an encore

What the fu** happened after that? The dogs are sh*t to lose like that.
Petracca happened. He took Melbourne up on his shoulders and led them to the cup.

Wrong guy is captain at Melbourne.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
Petracca happened. He took Melbourne up on his shoulders and led them to the cup.

Wrong guy is captain at Melbourne.
That’s yesterdays thinking man , best player ain’t right fit for captain, it’s the one that unites the playing list top to bottom, if that’s gawn over trac then they got right man, I’m tipping he is

Maybe, but from what I saw, one man flopped instead of standing on his two feet and putting the team on his shoulders when they were down, the other stayed on his feet all night and carried the team over the finish line.

Ah well, no one knows what goes on behind the walls except for the team. Maybe they do have the right man.

Grrr

Aug 16, 2009
mildura
Gawn didn't have an opponent yesterday. Gawn is captain because when he addresses the group he can see everyone, nobody out the back having a 3/4 dart like in the good ol days.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Disappointed the Dogs lost.
Like someone wrote last night, the third quarter was the premiership quarter.
The Dogs gave up without a yelp after half time.
Insane to not have someone on the defensive side of the centre bounce, allowed Trac to run through uncontested.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Think the Dees could win two or three more, I hope not.
Have to target Trac, Oliver and Fritsch.
Have to hit those three hard, the only way, especially Trac.
We have to win at least one flag in the next five years, so we will have a set of four in this era, remain unchallenged as the best team of the recent era.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
Abers
Gawn didn't have an opponent yesterday. Gawn is captain because when he addresses the group he can see everyone, nobody out the back having a 3/4 dart like in the good ol days.
Bevvo outsmarting himself with selection. Seeing OLD mate Stefan Martin ruck was a bit strange.
Jackson can play a bit too.

69vintage

Jan 15, 2016
How soft were the dogs ?
Letting a receiver like Salem have 27 at 95 % is a disgrace.
There wasn't one moment in that game that will go down in Grand Final folklore.Just a step up from a home and away game .
Injured players that have missed games all play terrible. Weightman and Keith were liabilities.
Dogs rucks got owned by Jackson in the last part of the 3rd quarter.
Petraca had a night out against Dunkley absolutely killed him .
Dunkley hasn't really fired with the dogs new midfield setup and he absolutely butchered the ball last night .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grrr

Aug 16, 2009
mildura
Bevvo outsmarting himself with selection. Seeing OLD mate Stefan Martin ruck was a bit strange.
Jackson can play a bit too.
No.6 draft pick, looks a very exciting, like watching Chol season highlights in one game.
When we played the demons, thought Nank just about drew even with Gawn, add Soldo and that is a fair ruck combination. Last night was unfair, Martin is well past it and English doesn't like rucking against the big boys. Do rucks come any softer than English.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
The overriding impression that I got from the game was that AFL football has the worst commentators in the world by a huge margin… Taylor the worst, also by a huge margin.
Agree 100% with the AFL having the worst callers in the world.

As for BT being the worst by some margin, I think that Hamish, Darcy and Der-wayne are every bit as bad.

You know that Ch7 have the very worst in football commentary when Brayshaw is the best they have.

Grrr

Aug 16, 2009
mildura
Think the Dees could win two or three more, I hope not.
Have to target Trac, Oliver and Fritsch.
Have to hit those three hard, the only way, especially Trac.
We have to win at least one flag in the next five years, so we will have a set of four in this era, remain unchallenged as the best team of the recent era.
Don't read to much into last nights big 4 (you forgot Gawn). They are very young so will be there abouts, but that was the least physical grand final I have ever seen. Those centre square breaks were ridiculous. Sydney Stack coming in off the square ala Mark Yeats might have interrupted their school footy. Having said that, I do like the way Melbourne play and how they back their young players in. Really good side to watch.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
Last night’s Grand Final left me with nothing but feelings of congratulations and happiness for the dees and their fans, 57 years is a long time, and also a time to reminisce on our 3 flags.

Currently watching on YouTube the Killers in the 2017 GF post-show, Jack Riewoldt on stage soon.

Also, at least we didn’t celebrate in the rooms drinking Furphy Crisps like the Dees have… wtf.

Last night’s Grand Final left me with nothing but feelings of congratulations and happiness for the dees and their fans, 57 years is a long time, and also a time to reminisce on our 3 flags.

Currently watching on YouTube the Killers in the 2017 GF post-show, Jack Riewoldt on stage soon.

Also, at least we didn’t celebrate in the rooms drinking Furphy Crisps like the Dees have… wtf.
Agree 100%
Don’t really understand some of the sentiment from some of our fans, just seems dare I say it
Salty.

Wrapped for Dee’s fans to experience something similar that we did in 2017 and nothing can take away the ride the club has taken us over over the past few years

like c’mon we won 3 ******* flags and now we have an awesome draft hand, some amazing young talent, most of our core still able to play good footy and could legitimately be around the mark next year and beyond

tigers12

Suspended
Oct 5, 2007
melbourne
It’s funny Simon badloss saying they are bringing the cup home where is the shemons spiritual home and Jeff white crying really did he jump on the band wagon I thought he left them for Fremantle for money

T4P

Mar 24, 2008
Australia
Agree 100% with the AFL having the worst callers in the world.

As for BT being the worst by some margin, I think that Hamish, Darcy and Der-wayne are every bit as bad.

You know that Ch7 have the very worst in football commentary when Brayshaw is the best they have.
Daisy Pearce is an absolute gun though. Everything she says is insightful.

Damo80

Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
No.6 draft pick, looks a very exciting, like watching Chol season highlights in one game.
When we played the demons, thought Nank just about drew even with Gawn, add Soldo and that is a fair ruck combination. Last night was unfair, Martin is well past it and English doesn't like rucking against the big boys. Do rucks come any softer than English.
Jackson was pick 3, assuming that's who you were referring to?

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

T4P

Mar 24, 2008
Australia
Thought yesterday was as highly entertaining a blowout game as you can get (without it being a game where Richmond is producing the blow out).

halfway thru the 3rd I thought the Dees were cooked. Then they killed it

Dees fans should be over the moon, what a season they produced. Petracca legit claims for best in the game right now. He was immense
I thoroughly enjoyed jumping on the Dees bandwagon. Rewatched the last 10m of the third quarter last night - a work of art.

Amazing how much clearances dictates the game this year with the new rules. That was the difference in the end.

Damo80

Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
Agree 100%
Don’t really understand some of the sentiment from some of our fans, just seems dare I say it
Salty.
Yep, agree. I though the first half was some of the highest quality, high pressure, arm wrestle Grand final footy I can remember. Perhaps not in terms of clogged up in the centre, where Melbourne were able to get some good clear breaks. But in terms of heat in contests all round the ground, it was a cracker. And the Demons played footy the equal of anything I can recall us putting together in our three flags. A scary proposition, but I'm not too proud or salty to admit it. They were bloody good, and exciting to watch.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk