AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who will win the 2021 AFL Grand Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJKTiger

Team Captain
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
My thoughts on the GF.....

The "Bye week" was awful, totally ruined the hype and motivation for the event.

The 7:15pm start was awful, felt like it took all day & as soon as the game was over most people just wanted to go to bed and barely any neutral fan sat around for the post match stuff.

The game itself lacked "big game" atmosphere. Not sure if it was the WA crowd factor - or the fact that the style of AFL has became so far removed from what we all feel like is "Good, hard, finals football" - it just never grabbed me at all. I watched 2 teams that seemed completely at the others mercy & completely unable to resist the others momentum. Even when the game was close, i just felt like i was watching a "big" home & away match.

The finals series as a whole was fairly disappointing outside of the Lions/Dogs & Syd/GWS finals. This finals series will go and live in the AFL bargain basket @ footy HQ's, living alongside Shane Woewodin;s Brownlow medal & Marc Murphy's 300th match

Watching it just made me sad - as i could tell that if we hadn't been destroyed by injury & shat the bed - we very well could have beaten either of these 2 teams that seemed to lack the conviction to win, unless the other team was submitting.

Watching the game, it dawned on me that this league now relies on its top 5% of talent as much as the NBA does - which is concerning considering the basetball has 5 players per team vs and AFL's 18. Without Petracca, Bont, Dusty, - the last 5 years of AFL finals & GF's would be duller than a Nun's Hens party without these guys doing the amazing. Top tier talent has NEVER been more important IMO

Last edited:

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

The 7:15pm start was awful, felt like it took all day & as soon as the game was over most people just wanted to go to bed and barely any neutral fan sat around for the post match stuff.

The game itself lacked "big game" atmosphere. Not sure if it was the WA crowd factor - or the fact that the style of AFL has became so far removed from what we all feel like is "Good, hard, finals football" - it just never grabbed me at all. I watched 2 teams that seemed completely at the others mercy & completely unable to resist the others momentum. Even when the game was close, i just felt like i was watching a "big" home & away match.

The finals series as a whole was fairly disappointing outside of the Lions/Dogs & Syd/GWS finals. This finals series will go and live in the AFL bargain basket @ footy HQ's, living alongside Shane Woewodin;s Brownlow medal & Marc Murphy's 300th match

Watching it just made me sad - as i could tell that if we hadn't been destroyed by injury & shat the bed - we very well could have beaten either of these 2 teams that seemed to lack the conviction to win, unless the other team was submitting.

Watching the game, it dawned on me that this league now relies on its top 5% of talent as much as the NBA does - which is concerning considering the basetball has 5 players per team vs and AFL's 18. Without Petracca, Bont, Dusty, - the last 5 years of AFL finals & GF's would be duller than a Nun's Hens party without these guys doing the amazing. Top tier talent has NEVER been more important IMO
That GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Very true.

The bye week didnt help, the lead up to the final felt flat.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
And where was the GF sprint?!?!
Exactly, couldn't fit it in between the tunes. Thank god it was a good enough game. Covid hammered it, but sitting there on your own watching a grand final at 8.30 at night is not worth getting worked up about. My brother had the right idea, get a few beers in mid afternoon, as per normal and finish off with an old bottle of retsina that was lying around, off to the land of nod sitting up in the chair just before 3/4 time and wake up in the morning to see who won on Kayo. Much better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back