AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

This post aged well
To be fair they were pretty garbage all night. Tom MacDonald, Pickett, Neal Bullen were missing all game. Brown was fairly good, as was Fritsch but both benefitted massively from the inside 50 entries Petracca and Oliver created for them.

Not sure what to make of this new way of footy. The game relies far too much on trying to stop momentum and if you don’t it’ll blow out big time. Happened in most of the finals and happened fairly regularly to us this season. Really don’t know whether that’s good for footy long term, even though it is exciting to watch if it’s your side piling them on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crazy thing is that the Bulldogs were actually playing well - and yet they ended up losing by 12 goals.

Demons just played near-perfect football from halfway through the third quarter to the end.

A deserved premiership, Melbourne simply had an extra gear that the rest of the competition could not match.

Always good to see a big drought broken. Sure they've received plenty of handouts and will never shake the tanking tag but the comp is all about equalisation and you still need to use the draft picks well and you need a lot to go right to win a flag. Congrats Dees.

Imagine being Ben Brown.

Told by the wooden spooner that you're not required and end up being traded to the next premier.

Getting dynasty vibes from them unfortunately. Good age profile.
Given your form tonight I’m putting money on Melbourne for the spoon in 2022

Imagine being Ben Brown.

Told by the wooden spooner that you're not required and end up being traded to the next premier.
It wasn't even that he wasn't required. North recognised that Brown wasn't going to be part of North's next flag so they invited him to look at other opportunities beneficial to him. I though Melbourne was an odd landing place at first but he's got the last laugh.

It wasn't even that he wasn't required. North recognised that Brown wasn't going to be part of North's next flag so they invited him to look at other opportunities beneficial to him. I though Melbourne was an odd landing place at first but he's got the last laugh.
Yeah but he actually wanted to stay and they said no. In hindsight it was the right thing by him as he's now a premiership player. Was a bit messy at the time though from memory.

Majak Daw looks so happy. I’m thrilled for him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back