Game Day Grand Final 2022 - Cats v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, personally I think we need to improve to win a flag, but you could be right. It could be totally up to everyone else.
We will improve we have every year of the rebuild even with coach change mass injury and player exodus.
Covid circus early in the season taberner Fyfe we should improve on to go with a full preseason at the club for Brodie Johnson amiss Erasmus.
If one of Sturt or Treacy comes on
Game on!

Apart from Jackson who is out there currently that is gettable and improves us?
Georgiades?

Joel Amartey? Same position as Jackson perhaps, and is still contracted.
woukd we take a punt on getting Menegola back on the cheap? Would fill the wing for a few years?

theres no Tom Lynch or Jeremy Cameron around for us to just pluck off the shelf.

if next year we were to have a crack at Harry McKay imagine how much Carlton would try and get from us…they’d try for more than Dangerfield and Cameron combined
I think the loss of Mundy is going to hurt more than we think…we need Erasmus and Johnson to really come on.

watching Geelongs mids slaughter everyone except Warner was interesting. Selwood looks like he’s retiring but then they have Parfitt coming in
I don't think we should be looking at big trades anyway. Don't mind us flinging 2nd and 3rds trying to replicate Aish but keeping that 1st I think is what stops you falling off a cliff as you are going to hit at least 1 in 3 (probably better) with those to cover players retiring etc.

I don't think we should be looking at big trades anyway. Don't mind us flinging 2nd and 3rds trying to replicate Aish but keeping that 1st I think is what stops you falling off a cliff as you are going to hit at least 1 in 3 (probably better) with those to cover players retiring etc.

why not? Big trades got Lynch and Cameron, Dangerfield, Gunston, May, Lever.

whether spending it on Jackson is the right thing is another story

why not? Big trades got Lynch and Cameron, Dangerfield, Gunston, May, Lever.

whether spending it on Jackson is the right thing is another story
For whatever reason, the success rate of top tier players coming to WA is appalling in recent times. Not even West Coast brings in quality without it blowing up in their face.

Lynch, Cameron and Danger were all FAs too. Slightly different as you get a better deal. Vastly different scenario to Jackson too given they were all A grade and Jackson is living off fumes of a quarter 12 months ago.

If brownlow/coleman calibre players fall in to your lap you do it (unless it unbalances your side). That hasn't happened to us yet and frankly, barely happens at all. Maybe 1 every 2nd year competition wide.

Just taking good players because they are available is why you have Treloar spudding it up in defense and the Dees LOL (I think) chasing Grundy.

Apart from Jackson who is out there currently that is gettable and improves us?
Georgiades?

Joel Amartey? Same position as Jackson perhaps, and is still contracted.
woukd we take a punt on getting Menegola back on the cheap? Would fill the wing for a few years?

theres no Tom Lynch or Jeremy Cameron around for us to just pluck off the shelf.

if next year we were to have a crack at Harry McKay imagine how much Carlton would try and get from us…they’d try for more than Dangerfield and Cameron combined
I think the loss of Mundy is going to hurt more than we think…we need Erasmus and Johnson to really come on.

watching Geelongs mids slaughter everyone except Warner was interesting. Selwood looks like he’s retiring but then they have Parfitt coming in
I think that you are right. Having brought back Clark and probably Jackson we are hitting the expat players regularly. Hamling, Wilson etc.

Glad I went to work, haven’t watched the whole game yet.

But credit to Geelong, I thought they would fall this year yet they win the premiership. Amazing stuff.

Tip of the hat to the senior citizens.

Baby Hat GIF

For whatever reason, the success rate of top tier players coming to WA is appalling in recent times. Not even West Coast brings in quality without it blowing up in their face.

Lynch, Cameron and Danger were all FAs too. Slightly different as you get a better deal. Vastly different scenario to Jackson too given they were all A grade and Jackson is living off fumes of a quarter 12 months ago.

If brownlow/coleman calibre players fall in to your lap you do it (unless it unbalances your side). That hasn't happened to us yet and frankly, barely happens at all. Maybe 1 every 2nd year competition wide.

Just taking good players because they are available is why you have Treloar spudding it up in defense and the Dees LOL (I think) chasing Grundy.
Geelong traded for both Cameron and Dangerfield.

If you watched

But credit to Geelong, I thought they would fall this year yet they win the premiership. Amazing stuff.

Baby Hat GIF
If you watched the first quarter you kind of did watch the whole game.

Baby Hat GIF
Same with WC in 2018, don’t think the Cats will drop like them yet.

Yes but both were FA. Danger especially was not traded for value. Even Cameron deal is nowhere near the 3xfirsts it gets quoted as given what went back and how late those firsts were.

im not sure their status detracted from their value tBH .

both clubs could’ve kept them for two more years

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/y...w/news-story/4506bb5e40dcc917a515863fa21da02b
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/s...h/news-story/377736fa6d385517a4048940808b01f4
The 2022 AFL grand final was a ratings bomb for free-to-air broadcaster Channel 7, prompting calls for the marquee fixtures to permanently become a twilight fixture.
According to OzTAM, Saturday afternoon’s decider between the Geelong Cats and Sydney Swans received metro 2.179 million viewers, making it the competition’s the lowest rating decider on record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but both were FA. Danger especially was not traded for value. Even Cameron deal is nowhere near the 3xfirsts it gets quoted as given what went back and how late those firsts were.
Do you think being FAs changed their trade value? I think they just got around what OOC players get at the trade table.

- what Lach said.

Do you think being FAs changed their trade value? I think they just got around what OOC players get at the trade table.

- what Lach said.
Danger wasn’t OOC if I remember correctly.
He was what’s termed a “pre agent”
Basically what Sean Darcy and Brennan Cox will be at the end of next season.
Adelaide had to trade him at the end of 2015 at a discounted price otherwise they would have lost him for a single first round compensation pick after their own a year later which would have been even less. When the player is very valuable, it puts the selling club in a sticky predicament. By any stretch of the imagination, a 25 year old Patrick Dangerfield is about as valuable a player as has ever been traded but it didn’t work like that for the crows.

Anyway that was a s**t grand final, worst in at least a decade. Even GWS Richmond was a contest for a quarter, this *er was over ten minutes into the first. Useless Sydney pricks.
at least this one felt happy for those that haven't got there/struggled getting back there for 10+ years, richmond had barely won it 2 years ago when they won that one, felt nothing

Danger wasn’t OOC if I remember correctly.
He was what’s termed a “pre agent”
Basically what Sean Darcy and Brennan Cox will be at the end of next season.
Adelaide had to trade him at the end of 2015 at a discounted price otherwise they would have lost him for a single first round compensation pick after their own a year later which would have been even less. When the player is very valuable, it puts the selling club in a sticky predicament. By any stretch of the imagination, a 25 year old Patrick Dangerfield is about as valuable a player as has ever been traded but it didn’t work like that for the crows.
nah danger was 100% out of contract i'm confident in that

nah danger was 100% out of contract i'm confident in that
Yeah actually you are right.
It was a weird trade that one. There was something different about it but I can’t remember what exactly. His trade value didn’t reflect his standing in the game and Geelong benefitted anyway.

The quality of the picture was dreadful.

Glad I am not the only one to think this. I watch everything on Foxtel and the GF is the only game of the year I watch on 7. Appalling picture quality compared to HD games on Foxtel. And then Foxtel 4K is a further notch up. It's pathetic that the biggest game of the year is given the worst picture quality of the year.

Yeah actually you are right.
It was a weird trade that one. There was something different about it but I can’t remember what exactly. His trade value didn’t reflect his standing in the game and Geelong benefitted anyway.
he was a restricted free agent from memory so I assume Adelaide was threatening to match it if they didn't get something better then the compo pick they would've gotten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back