AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2022: Geelong v Sydney

Who will be premiers for 2022?

• Cats

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Swans

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to Saturday, think it's probably the best two sides all year and in terms of strategy probably the two most evenly matched sides aswell. I want the Swans to get up, I can't stand Geelong and it would be great to see Paddy McCartin become a premiership player after everything he has been through. As for Norm Smith...lets go with Tommy Papley.

Here's hoping the rain holds out, would make for a better game and I had planned on doing a BBQ with a few cases of different Euro beers lol.

Who Wins? Norm Smith? Plans for the day/weekend?

It's an interesting GF. I think Sydney have a very good chance. Cats are favourites for a reason but to me it's like that '90s Bathurst where the Godzilla Nissan Skyline won against the V8 fords and commodores.

Sydney have heaps of flashy features and heaps of moving parts, twin turbos and 4WD, independent components and lots to go wrong. Geelong have the 30 years of basic brute force with * all to go wrong and heaps of reliability. You know exactly what to expect and as long as the driver takes it steady and doesn't spin out on a corner they should run a good race.

Sydney will go either way, they are young and hard to plan against but when it all goes to plan they have gears to go to and turbos to kick in. They haven't been proven yet but I have a good feeling about them.....or I'm just a campaigner and want Geelong to lose.

I want Hickey for norm, imagine that dopey grin in that moment is just too good to pass up.

Cats will win though, far too many good things for Swans winning that it just won't happen and cats will sour the party much like the suburb sours Victoria.

I'll have it on in the background, but today I get to see if I can see anyone I know whilst others deposit garbage in bodies of water even though I should be working myself. But ssssshhhhhh.

🏳️ Geelong (don't mind either)

Norm Smith - Holmes
Florent / McCartin

G F Sprint - Hill / Wilmot

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go the Swannies

They have been my second team since Plugger went there and I have barracked for them in every GF they have played since then.

I even played the role of a Swans supporter when I bought a Swans scarf before a Swans v Freo game back in 2004 to piss off my Freo supporter mate.

It backfired though when I got stuck sitting next to an old South Melbourne bloke who chewed my ear off about the good old days with Bobby Skilton.

head-cats
heart-swans
normy-parker
first goal-hayward
cameron to get his nose out of hawkins and the"geelong ways"butt,to realise he has a personality of his own & crack a smile
buddy to have a 10 minute 2-3 goal burst
papley to kick 5 & get in a few faces
mccartins to blanket mr morals policeman hawkins & boring as hell cameron(would be more fun to lose with papley or degoey,than win with these 2)
someone in red & white,but i will equally take someone in blue and white to fulfill my dream and drive that gyran miers head into the turf(concussion sub)
very annoying close to be held goalless

Love grand finals whoever plays. Transport at 10.00am. Walk to the ground at 12.30. In the seats by one. Enjoy all pre game with beers allowed in seats now. Hopefully swans win for paddy and hickey but favour Geelong which is good for Stanley. After match at a bar for Melbourne cricketers till about 9 then head to hughesdale station to the new oc bar there till one am. Die the next day. All up spend $300.

If Geelong win, then they might finally get it out of their system and feck off for the next decade.
Go Swans...but the above sure sounds appealing.

With the amount of over 30s they have the cliff will eventually come anyway. Would rather them go blue-balling into retirement.

With the amount of over 30s they have the cliff will eventually come anyway. Would rather them go blue-balling into retirement.
I reckon people wrote that 5 years ago. Once the new side comes in the competition will weaken so sides need to be on the rise in those years. Hopefully Geelong are on the way down by then because it will be a slower rebuild. We need to be in the window in 3 years time then you should have sustained success.

I'd love to see Papley tear it up today. A very entertaining player to watch, would dearly love him at the Saints. He's a cheeky little f#cker and I'm sure he'll bring the niggle, fun goal celebrations too.

As seems to be the general consensus, head says Cats, heart says Swans.

I've just put a pork shoulder into the oven, might go about eight hours at 130. Will collect some of the rendered fat to roast some Dutch Creams a bit later. Just about to make a smoky bbq sauce and at some stage will put together a slaw, perhaps once I've started on the beers. Bombay Sapphire for some afternoon G & T's and Maryjane as my kitchenhand. And I'm at a friend's place so all this with an ocean view!

Others are starting on the grand final breakfast, the sublime smell of bacon and caramelised onion and freshly brewed coffee willing the hungover late sleepers out of bed. With most of my chores and prep already done, I was just starting to contemplate my first beer when I heard uttered the magic words.

Bloody Mary?

Why yes please!

Carn the Bloods!

Dunno if I've been less interested this year in watching this GF. After two years of the Saints going backwards, I've sort of lost my spark for the game.
I don’t get how you couldn’t love grand final day. It would be like loving horse racing but you don’t watch the Melbourne cup because a European horse will most likely win.

We keep saying that...but these feckers defy the natural laws and the theoretical. They are heretical, defying gravity and flying when all else falls. I'm sick of it. I want the Crucible but with the happy ending of them finally burning to ash and bone. If I have to sign on with the devil & watch them win their God forsaken premiership then so be it...just as long as they die quietly next season and go towards the light and into eternal perpetuity afterwards, then footy life will finally have some sort of vindication.

Back