Preview Grand Final 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The Swans did not play like a GF team, in fact they offerred their worst performance in decades.

Collingwood might have lost against the Cats yesterday but it wouldn't have been such a non-contest.

Geelong were very good but the Swans were woefully, pathetically, inept. North with Stephenson in the full-back would have given the cats a better run.

Don't contradict me. My ego has trouble with that sort of thing, and my opinions about football are pretty f****** authoritative.

I can't question how utterly s*** the Swans were, but almost every Geelong player (except Rohan, Cameron...) seemed revved and ready.

We most certainly would have created a better spectacle.

i read on the murdoch site that evidently pie fans are salty about the game yesterday. salty? i've been trying to cut down. anyway, i would have thought that a lot of fans from different clubs would have backed their team to at least turn up...

as for being salty, well the yanks used that word to describe men who joined their navy with romantic ideas of sailing the seas, and then ended up with the reality of navy life on board a ship.......and considering that explanation, i've never been that stupid...so i'm not salty

*please note that men join the us navy for reasons other than those put forward by the village people.

i read on the murdoch site that evidently pie fans are salty about the game yesterday. salty? i've been trying to cut down. anyway, i would have thought that a lot of fans from different clubs would have backed their team to at least turn up...

as for being salty, well the yanks used that word to describe men who joined their navy with romantic ideas of sailing the seas, and then ended up with the reality of navy life on board a ship.......and considering that explanation, i've never been that stupid...so i'm not salty

*please note that men join the us navy for reasons other than those put forward by the village people.
I think Pie fans are ‘salty’ because of how inept the Swans were and knew we would have created a game worthy of a GF.

If it was a hard, closely fought game, I would have had no issue with the Swans making it over us. But to simply roll over like they did and not offer a contest is something that has not existed from the 2022 Pies. They fight like it’s their last game and don’t stop regardless how the odds are stacked against us.

I don't hold with the theory that Geelong were next level. The Yackandandah thirds could have beaten the swans by ten goals yesterday!
Yeah ....Melbourne were apparently next level this time last year
There are so many variables at play when considering 1 game in isolation.
Let Geelong enjoy their time in the sun and may their heads swell accordingly

I think Pie fans are ‘salty’ because of how inept the Swans were and knew we would have created a game worthy of a GF.

If it was a hard, closely fought game, I would have had no issue with the Swans making it over us. But to simply roll over like they did and not offer a contest is something that has not existed from the 2022 Pies. They fight like it’s their last game and don’t stop regardless how the odds are stacked against us.

we lost the prelim...they won it.... the team that wins the prelim goes into the grand final...not that i'm giving you advice vinnie because i'm not getting paid....but i'd take a leaf out of the FLy's playbook ...dont ask "what if"..."I dont care about what ifs"...."we're here to be winners and we dont what if"....so on a serious note, i've had a gutful of that harmes thing for 40 years. Every smart arse commentator refers to it one time or another. I dont whinge. I dont what if. If we dont win, we move on. So salt isnt a factor for me...

I don't hold with the theory that Geelong were next level. The Yackandandah thirds could have beaten the swans by ten goals yesterday!
In hindsight the swans run out legs at half time in the prelim. While I’m not confident we would have beaten the cats there were periods in the first final where they played with just as much intensity as yesterday. They put 2-3 goals on us during those periods of their best footy, but we were able to wrestle back control. Cats best team all year, however head to head we gave them a good contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the cold realisation of no AFL has suddenly hit this morning. It's one of the terrible times in the year. I'm not looking forward to the coming weeks. It's cold comfort that the weather is improving but I'll have to find other things to bring meaning to my life.

I did try other sports on Kayo... I even watching the english women's cricket team for 5 minutes until I realised there was a problem. I watched emma radacanu and that seemed to help but she got injured. The cricket overall is mostly useless. The world cup of whatever might spark a bit of interest but I'll probably have to wait until the semi final stage.

The boxing is usually good but there's too many joke ripoffs like the one last weekend.

There's always the gardening I suppose. I could turn to drinking. The choices arent inspiring.
UCI Men's Elite Road Race is on today at 3pm on channel 9.

UCI Men's Elite Road Race is on today at 3pm on channel 9.

Thanks. And I'm looking forward to brockie and moffat at the mountain next week. Floyd thingo is fighting some bloke from an internet dancing class right about now.... that's certainly worth a look

Don't contradict me. My ego has trouble with that sort of thing, and my opinions about football are pretty f****** authoritative.

I can't question how utterly s*** the Swans were, but almost every Geelong player (except Rohan, Cameron...) seemed revved and ready.

We most certainly would have created a better spectacle.

I'm no cheese eating surrender monkey like the French (or the Sydney Swans) but I will apologise unconditionally for any pain I may have caused you.

X J

Last edited:
In hindsight the swans run out legs at half time in the prelim. While I’m not confident we would have beaten the cats there were periods in the first final where they played with just as much intensity as yesterday. They put 2-3 goals on us during those periods of their best footy, but we were able to wrestle back control. Cats best team all year, however head to head we gave them a good contest.
A good contest? We matched them. In both games they were absolutely rattled and lost all sense of composure in the third term of our first game and the first in the final. No other team made them look like stunned mullets. And the goal after the siren in the first made the game seem more comfortable than it was. Even though they dominated the last quarter, with five minutes remaining scores were level. It should give us a fair amount of confidence but also a lot of heart burn knowing we could match the apparently super team of 2022.

I doubt Geelong will back up again next year.History shows that they never win back to back flags.They’re already the oldest premiers in history and they’ll be a year older again next year.I think they’ll have trouble backing up again after their efforts this year.Just look what happened to Melbourne after the Grand Final last year.Everyone thought they would be invincible this year,but in the end they didn’t even manage to win a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back