Preview Grand Final 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

On balance, slightly funnier if Sydney lose. While it’d be good to see Geelong fall short again, Sydney having nothing to show for the buddy era (just the 3 horrible grand finals) would be marginally better.

Let’s just hope someone walks away with an experience which haunts them forever 🌈

Yep it’s the biggest meh GF I can remember. Probably watch it but if a better offer, an arvo on the beers and a punt with a mate come along I could live without seeing it.

Today I'm feeling it.
We will see these two teams play and we will really realise we are better than them.
We got totally screwed by umps in two finals, and the longer Ive watched it the clearer it is.
Fine calls go both ways, but momentum shaping frees and dodgy calls that give away goals are bs

Not sure how people can say this isn’t an exciting GF compared to recent years. I’m really looking forward to it. I think Sydney’s pressure will trouble the Cats, and it will go down to the wire. I’m tipping the Swans by 4 and Mills for the Norm.

I’ll also be there at the front of N53.

Let’s face it, if we won the game from a high tackle to Ginny (impossible as it may be) we’d be the same.
Tom is their version of Ginni - s**t stirrer, gets under the skin of the opposition etc.
If we got a free kick to Ginni in a close final it would literally mean his head was no longer attached to his body.
Now if he went back and slotted it nonetheless , well, then I think we'd be quite deserving

Like most I’m finding it hard to be excited about this game. Screwed by the AFL/umps in our finals against both and a whole lot of flogs in either team.

Swans - Papley, Franklin, Nthn zones

Cats - Scott, Dangerfield (hypocrite, sooks about a Ginnivan tackle - lays 2 worse tackles himself in the same game), Selwood (hypocrite, makes a career out of ducking, chokes Ginnivan when he draws a high free), Tuohy (sooks to the media when the pies fans make too much noise at a game), Hawkins (see Tuohy, but a double finger salute instead of whinging to the media)

Hmmm… perhaps the swans with Papley and Franklin getting knocked out and having no memory of the match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only cold comfort would be if papley gets a super dodgy free kick to win the game
Could think of a worse finish. The resultant sooking from the afore mentioned cat players and coach would be highlight worthy.

I don’t care who wins. I just hope dodgy umpiring means that the high court decides the result should be a ‘No result’.

I want Waaia v a Blightly level controversy.

This is the most lacklustre build it it doesn’t feel like a gf

I think the ‘lacklustre’ is because we’re not in it. We ‘made’ this season, the exciting finishes, the Ginni stuff, the beauty that is Fly. The Pies lifted and carried the league on our back. The GF now feels like an anti-climax.

To quote the old Pies lament:

‘There’s always next year’.

I think the ‘lacklustre’ is because we’re not in it. We ‘made’ this season, the exciting finishes, the Ginni stuff, the beauty that is Fly. The Pies lifted and carried the league on our back. The GF now feels like an anti-climax.

To quote the old Pies lament:

‘There’s always next year’.
Precisely. Lots of talk about how this is the best, most exciting season of football ever. But really it was just Collingwood. The rest were just bit players.

Essendon and Carlton are our Washington Generals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back