Grand Final 2k time trial

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard this but didn’t Issac smith use to beat him?

Sidebottom is one that I heard is very good which actually suprised me.
Last year he did some running at my track club and was very impressive for a footballer.

Footballers aren’t even close to elite runners on the track though. They carry too much weight because of what they need to do on the football field.

Last year he did some running at my track club and was very impressive for a footballer.

Footballers aren’t even close to elite runners on the track though. They carry too much weight because of what they need to do on the football field.
With his skills and then that running ability no wonder he has been a player to finish in the top 2 in the Brownlow.

Yeah that's why I reckon the AFL wouldn't do it. They'd probably get a time of 6 minutes or thereabouts and people would point to elite runners going under 5.

Hawthorn have been recruiting for this moment.

Dylan Moore, Finn Maginness, Jiath, Josh Ward, Josh Weddle, Max Ramsden and Ned Long are all genuine chances.

Just a shame that we'll be playing on the day. Maybe if Ned or Max aren't selected they can win us something else too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty Cottrell runs a 5:41, Harry Sharp the only I know of who may be ahead of that still but he's added a fair bit of size since his insanely good run of 5:28 at the combine.

Would love to see them running with money on the line though, would be far better than the 100m sprint. Even a 4x100m Relay would be entertaining

It would be great to watch

Tim Taranto

Oh wait a second, scrub that. He'll be playing ;)

No idea what he clocks nowadays, but Blicavs ran 2km in 5.39 back in the day.

Sharp ran 5.28 in his combine

Blicavs would be good but he'd be about 20kg heavier than his running days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back