AFL Toast Grand Final: Adelaide Crows vs Richmond Tigers, MCG, Saturday 30/09/17 @ 2.30 PM

And the winner of the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAND FINAL

ADELAIDE CROWS VS RICHMOND TIGERS

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
2.30PM
MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND

DKZ15kPVYAAouMt.jpg

THE TEAMS

ADELAIDE CROWS

Adealide.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

RFC.png

UMPIRES
Field Umpires:
Matt Stevic, Simon Meredith, Shaun Ryan
Emergency Field Umpire: Brett Rosebury

Boundary Umpires: Mitchell Lefevre, Matthew Konetschka, Rob Haala, Damien Cusack
Emergency Boundary Umpire: Brett Dalgleish

Goal Umpires: Luke Walker Adam Wojcik
Emergency Goal Umpire: Matthew Dervan

UNIFORMS

ADELAIDE CROWS

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 6.01.54 pm.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 6.02.20 pm.png

THE GRAND FINAL FOOTY
420335_db3017b36f7603d8e967fe253781e710.jpg

HEAD TO HEAD

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 5.32.11 pm.png

PATHWAY TO THE GRAND FINAL
RICHvGWS_Pathway-to-the-Grand-Final_flags.jpg

RICHMOND'S OPPOSITION ANALYSIS
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-09-28/opposition-analysis-adelaide-grand-final

ADELAIDE'S OPPOSITION ANALYSIS
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-09-26/tigers-no-oneman-show-sloane

GATE OPENING TIMES

MCC Reserve - 8am
AFL Reserve & Public - 9.30pm

MATCH SCHEDULE
10am:
NAB AFL All Stars Under-18s game
1.10pm: Teams warm-up
1.33pm: Welcome to Country by Uncle Bill Nicholson
1.34pm: Retiring greats and award winners motorcade.
1.43pm: The Killers perform
2.08pm: Mike Brady performs Up There Cazaly
2.11pm: Umpires Matt Stevic, Simon Meredith and Shaun Ryan enter ground
2.13pm: Richmond enter the arena
2.16pm: Adelaide enter the arena
2.25pm: Delivery of the premiership cup by VFL/AFL games record holder and North Melbourne great Brent Harvey
2.26pm: National anthem performed by Dami Im

2.30pm: Toyota AFL Grand Final begins

Half-time
NAB AFL Auskick
Final of the Gatorade Grand Final Sprint
Dami Im performs

5.15pm: Final siren
Presentation of the Norm Smith Medal (to be presented by James Hird)
Presentation of the Jock McHale Medal (to be presented by Mick Malthouse)
Presentation of Premiership medallions (to be presented by NAB AFL Auskick participants)
Presentation of the Premiership Cup (to be presented by Mark Bickley and Matthew Richardson)

6.15pm: Virgin Australia Premiership Party – free concert
6.25pm: The Killers perform
7.30pm: Presentation of the premiership team with the premiership cup

GRAND FINAL PARADE
The free tram zone that usually operates in the CBD has been extended to Yarra Park until the end of Saturday. Tram services from the city to stops 9, 10, and 11 on Wellington Parade near the MCG and to stops 7a and 7b at Rod Laver Arena and stop 7c at MCG/Hisense Arena are free.

Many roads around the parade precinct will be progressively closed from 7am Friday, with selected tram and bus services normally operating in the area to be halted or diverted. Roads will be progressively re-opened between 1.30 and 3pm.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-09-28/grand-final-parade-all-you-need-to-know

BROADCAST INFORMATION
FTA Television:
2:00pm Channel 7 & Channel 70 (live)
Foxtel Television: 5:30pm (delay)
Radio: Triple M, 3AW, SEN, ABC, ABC G'stand, Triple M (Digital)

Watch online in Australia: AFL Live app (requires in-app purchase, free for Telstra customers)
Watch online overseas: https://www.watchafl.com.au (requires purchase)

Live scores, stats and audio: AFL Match Centre

Hird not worried about Norm Smith boos
Travis King September 28, 2017 2:24 PM

151908-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

James Hird won the flag and Norm Smith Medal in 2000

JAMES Hird isn't worrying about the Grand Final crowd's reaction when he presents the Norm Smith Medal on Saturday.

There has been speculation the former Essendon champion might be booed due to his role in the Bombers' disastrous 2012 supplements regime.

But AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan hopes supporters embrace the 44-year-old's return to the public stage, and Hird believes Adelaide and Richmond fans will be too busy celebrating or lamenting the result to focus on his brief appearance.

"I think it's the least of anyone's worries if I get booed or not," Hird said.

"I think their focus will be on the Grand Final and the Norm Smith winner, which it should be.

"Grand Final day is a huge day on the calendar and a very special day for all footballers, so to present the Norm Smith Medal is a fantastic honour, and I'm looking forward to it."

Hird won the medal in 2000 when he was Bombers captain.

It is his turn to present the award this year, and he had no hesitation accepting the invitation.

"Not really, no. As soon as I was asked I was pretty keen to do it," Hird said.

"Football is something I have done all my life, and having played in a couple of Grand Finals and won a Norm Smith it is a great honour to be able to do it."

A former golden boy of the competition, Hird coached the Bombers from 2011-15, although he was suspended for the entire 2014 campaign for his part in the supplements program, which resulted in 34 past and present Essendon players receiving 12-month bans from the game.

The dual premiership player has had no official involvement with the AFL since he fell on his sword as Essendon coach in August 2015.

Presenting the Norm Smith Medal could represent his first step back into the fold, but Hird was tight-lipped about any move back into football.

However, he was quick to throw cautious support behind Richmond to overcome Adelaide in this year's Grand Final.

"I am tipping Richmond, (but) not with much confidence. I think Adelaide is a fantastic team and has probably been the best team all year," Hird said.

"But I just think momentum for Richmond and their pressure on a day that might be a bit wet and cold could get them over the line."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-28/hird-not-worried-about-norm-smith-boos

Spot on Jim but no one will care.

Hoping Tigers win, I'll head down to Richmond afterward to witness the mayhem and looting if they do.

Won't be upset with a Crows win, they've been through a bit and good to watch.

I reckon it will be close at least for a large portion of the match with Adelaide probably winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for either team to win, just hoping for a tight one!

Predicting a brutal, violent bloodbath - an atavistic journey into 80’s ultra-violence. Will make the 1990 brawl look like a kindergarten game of tag. Ugly, sinister and for the faint-hearted full of fear and loathing and utterly terrifying ...
I’m talking about trying to get through the checkout at Dan Murphy’s before the game of course! I think Richmond will pinch this. Tigers by 7.

what the hell is this doing on this board?

also any essendon supporter who supports richmond is some sort of sadist, can you imagine what it would be like here with thousands of arrogant richmond fans being the reigning preimiers?

not to mention the crows are miles ahead.

I desperately want Richmond to win as this town will be intolerable for a long time if Adelaide get up. Give Richmond their 1 like the Dogs last season then they can * right off.

Having said that I think Adelaide will win comfortably. They'll absorb the pressure in the first half but eventually run out reasonably comfortable winners, 30 odd points.

I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back