Game Day Grand Final - Adelaide v Richmond, Saturday 30th September, 2:30pm, MCG - Who will win?

Who are you tipping to win?

• Adelaide

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Richmond

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you label a side down hill skiers if they make a GF lol.

It happens. Look at the Geelong teams of the 90's - high-scoring, flashy teams who habitually wilted under pressure. Any team that stopped Adelaide from playing on their terms this year were able to blow them away. And they were blown away in the GF

It happens. Look at the Geelong teams of the 90's - high-scoring, flashy teams who habitually wilted under pressure. Any team that stopped Adelaide from playing on their terms this year were able to blow them away. And they were blown away in the GF

Any team who doesn't play on there terms struggles though. Its a bit rich to say a side who made the GF are full of down hill skiers because you can't criticize a side for getting in front in the first place.

Any team who doesn't play on there terms struggles though. Its a bit rich to say a side who made the GF are full of down hill skiers because you can't criticize a side for getting in front in the first place.

No. Good teams, premiership teams, still find a way to win when the game isn't played on their terms. Like Brisbane in 2002 against Collingwood - Brisbane were hot favourites against a team that finished 11th the previous year - they were plodders compared to Brisbane. But the game was played on Collingwood's terms (due probably to the weather) - a scrap. Brisbane still found a way to win. Same with Geelong in 2009. Saints controlled the game for most of it and the Cats still managed to overcome them.

I'm not saying the entire Adelaide team are downhill skiiers - Matt Crouch, Sloane etc. It's their players on large salaries that constantly go missing when the chips are down i.e. Tex and Betts. I don't consider Jenkins a big name player but he is on big money (somehow). David Mackay is another. They are downhill skiiers by anyone's measure. Now look at Richmond's best four players - Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance - all played great GF's, and that filters down and helps the lesser lights.

No. Good teams, premiership teams, still find a way to win when the game isn't played on their terms. Like Brisbane in 2002 against Collingwood - Brisbane were hot favourites against a team that finished 11th the previous year - they were plodders compared to Brisbane. But the game was played on Collingwood's terms (due probably to the weather) - a scrap. Brisbane still found a way to win. Same with Geelong in 2009. Saints controlled the game for most of it and the Cats still managed to overcome them.

I'm not saying the entire Adelaide team are downhill skiiers - Matt Crouch, Sloane etc. It's their players on large salaries that constantly go missing when the chips are down i.e. Tex and Betts. I don't consider Jenkins a big name player but he is on big money (somehow). David Mackay is another. They are downhill skiiers by anyone's measure. Now look at Richmond's best four players - Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance - all played great GF's, and that filters down and helps the lesser lights.

Better question though
Will Rance Riewoldt Dusty and Cotchin be in the next Richmond TOTC. Rance and Dusty will be and the Cotchin might be.
Will Walker Betts Sloane and Talia?
Maybe Betts. But he won't be the first and last small to struggle in a losing final.

Anyone else see this?? I still haven't gotten over the Collingwood debacle, so to see one of our coaches and some players openly barracking for Richmond in the GF makes me physically ill. Don't care if he was an ex-Richmond player, he's a ******* demon now. Unimpressed.

IMG-20171002-WA0008.thumb.jpg.48b2122c45961e7ba4e29b8893777e0b.jpg

Anyone else see this?? I still haven't gotten over the Collingwood debacle, so to see one of our coaches and some players openly barracking for Richmond in the GF makes me physically ill. Don't care if he was an ex-Richmond player, he's a ******* demon now. Unimpressed.

View attachment 424272

Don't have an issue with it, he was playing there right up until the end of 2016.

Don't have an issue with it, he was playing there right up until the end of 2016.
Sorry, but I don't understand this mentality. I thought it was kinda weird watching Clarkson celebrate in 04' and Neeld commiserate in 2011, but those two had only 'just' finished up at the respective clubs. Chaplin's been with us for a year, and its not like he was a 300 game champion of the Richmond fc. Last time I checked he was on our payroll not Richmond's. At times though, our play in the forward half this year was so dysfunctional I suspected there might be a mole in the coaches box. Could be onto something... I also don't understand why Gawn and Petracca liked the post. Who do they play for again??

Wanna talk about droughts lads? 11 years since our last final's appearance, 43 years since our last flag. By all means, pass on your congratulations and be happy for them in private, but there's no need to don the scarf and plaster it over the internet. Get your ******* asses into gear and stop playing nice with other clubs.

Sorry, but I don't understand this mentality. I thought it was kinda weird watching Clarkson celebrate in 04' and Neeld commiserate in 2011, but those two had only 'just' finished up at the respective clubs. Chaplin's been with us for a year, and its not like he was a 300 game champion of the Richmond fc. Last time I checked he was on our payroll not Richmond's. At times though, our play in the forward half this year was so dysfunction I suspected there might be a mole in the coaches box. Could be onto something... I also don't understand why Gawn and Petracca liked the post. Who do they play for again??

Wanna talk about droughts lads? 11 years since our last final's appearance, 43 years since our last flag. By all means, pass on your congratulations and be happy for them in private, but there's no need to plaster it over the internet. Get your ******* asses into gear and stop playing nice with other clubs.

If we made a GF, I would kind of hope the likes of the Ooze, Bruce, etc would be throwing their Melbourne clobber back on and supporting us (unless we're playing against their current employers).

If we made a GF, I would kind of hope the likes of the Ooze, Bruce, etc would be throwing their Melbourne clobber back on and supporting us (unless we're playing against their current employers).

They're at Hawthorn right? I'm sure if they left on good terms they'd be happy for us no doubt. But i'd expect them to be invested enough in their current clubs to be a little more circumspect in how they reacted and showed support, i.e. not acting as if they're still part of the MFC, when they are at a rival club.

Sorry, but I don't understand this mentality. I thought it was kinda weird watching Clarkson celebrate in 04' and Neeld commiserate in 2011, but those two had only 'just' finished up at the respective clubs. Chaplin's been with us for a year, and its not like he was a 300 game champion of the Richmond fc. Last time I checked he was on our payroll not Richmond's. At times though, our play in the forward half this year was so dysfunctional I suspected there might be a mole in the coaches box. Could be onto something... I also don't understand why Gawn and Petracca liked the post. Who do they play for again??

Wanna talk about droughts lads? 11 years since our last final's appearance, 43 years since our last flag. By all means, pass on your congratulations and be happy for them in private, but there's no need to don the scarf and plaster it over the internet. Get your ******* asses into gear and stop playing nice with other clubs.
sorry to be pedantic but it’s actually 53 years...

sorry to be pedantic but it’s actually 53 years...
Is this the life of a Richmond supporter now? Smugly trolling through gf threads and correcting opposition supporters on their board.

Life must be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No not this year, but we are fortunate enough to belong to a club that has done the three peat twice 39,40 41 55 56 57, played in seven consecutive grand finals from 54 to 60 hold the title 12 times and finished in 9th position this year that just happens to be the position this years premiers held for near on a decade before winning. As our list is far superior to yours it will not take us a decade to get there, but thanks for your concern. Keep the parachute handy, you fall faster than you climb.

No not this year, but we are fortunate enough to belong to a club that has done the three peat twice 39,40 41 55 56 57, played in seven consecutive grand finals from 54 to 60 hold the title 12 times and finished in 9th position this year that just happens to be the position this years premiers held for near on a decade before winning. As our list is far superior to yours it will not take us a decade to get there, but thanks for your concern. Keep the parachute handy, you fall faster than you climb.
Melbourne were great in the 50's but it's 2017 now. Happy having an inferior team in 2017. Doubt we'll drop off too far. Use finished 9th in Richmond like fashion. No need to be salty. Your team isn't far off, they play the right way. Just need luck with injury. Viney, Gawn and hogan especially.

Melbourne were great in the 50's but it's 2017 now. Happy having an inferior team in 2017. Doubt we'll drop off too far. Use finished 9th in Richmond like fashion. No need to be salty. Your team isn't far off, they play the right way. Just need luck with injury. Viney, Gawn and hogan especially.
Not salty this end, just pointing out I can handle our situation to an opposition supporter that came onto our board being a smart arse IMO. Cheers.

Back