Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Richmond by a mile

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. Rance was a barometer. As soon as you saw him getting up the ground you knew Adel's fwd line was in distress.

You need skills to hit targets when you play a smaller forward line not just bomb away

Adelaide skills are sublime as well but as you can see doesnt matter how good your skills are if you apply the sort of pressure that Richmond did yesterday it will become undone.

We are talking about a team that averaged 116 pts a game they had 39 pts in 3 quarters of football.

Adelaide skills are sublime as well but as you can see doesnt matter how good your skills are if you apply the sort of pressure that Richmond did yesterday it will become undone.

We are talking about a team that averaged 116 pts a game they had 39 pts in 3 quarters of football.
Yes but Richmond play a small forwardline and yo have to have skills to hit targets going inside 50 , not just bomb away

Yes but Richmond play a small forwardline and yo have to have skills to hit targets going inside 50 , not just bomb away

Yesterday game was hardly precision football they bombed just as much they just gave the crows no space at all.

One thing you notice is they do isolate Riewoldt you hardly see him competing or jumping at the same ball like our forwards do, they also kick into space well gives their mosquito fleet every opportunity.

Rance was outstanding yesterday

Though watching last year again I forgot how great Grundy was
Rance is also given more leeway in terms of scragging and holding than any other defender in the league. I dare say it would be easy to take more risks with your play when you know you will be rewarded with calls for or non calls against at every contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant coaching by Hardwick. Well deserved win to Richmond. Happy to see Nank get a premiership medal. Would be funny if Tom Mitchell gets a premiership medal in the future !

The best part of his finals coaching was that he removed the hostile interstate crowd factor early.

Richmonds skills are underrated

Helps their big names stood up especially dusty

Dusty is a star but when your first action is the shove in the chest of an opponent & then you get tackled & take another two seconds to get rid of the footy incorrectly, he has used up his prior opportunity with that shove. This happened about 5 times yesterday against Dusty where up to 3 Crows plays were at him but only one free was paid against him but when the game was over.
Great player but some of those don't argues get a bit high on the throat to.

Dusty is a star but when your first action is the shove in the chest of an opponent & then you get tackled & take another two seconds to get rid of the footy incorrectly, he has used up his prior opportunity with that shove. This happened about 5 times yesterday against Dusty where up to 3 Crows plays were at him but only one free was paid against him but when the game was over.
Great player but some of those don't argues get a bit high on the throat to.

Yawn ted

If he played for Sydney you wouldn't have any issue

Yawn ted

If he played for Sydney you wouldn't have any issue

Get over it King.
He doesn't play for us & neither does Nankervis because he was s**t when he did & Dusty was tackled a few times & was given an eternity compared to others, his team mates included.

It's called the "awe factor" that Chris Judd had where they "seem to have so much time".
Yeah they do have so much time because they are given it.
So spare me mate.

Are you sure you saw that or was it your imagination?

King is just star struck I guess.
He's an incredible player but the face palm is illegal and he gets away with it every game.

That's all I was saying but the old "if he played for Sydney" chestnut came out again.
If he played for Sydney he'd get pinged, no doubt.

Richmond’s win was great for Tiger fans but troubling for the AFL

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ri...l/news-story/621dcdd03c02e62e71b9e33c1fc46394

Intersting article, I don't have issue with the GF being played at the MCG every year. All teams know it will be played there so it's imperative that they develop a game style that can win a final on the big stage.

What it does show however how damn hard they are to win if you are interstate side. I don't think we on here understand how hard they are to win, everything has to go right and if one of the parts is off then it's bloody hard to do so.

In relation to 2016, Buddy hurting his ankle early, losing Hanners in the last and one of the most disappointing GF umpiring displays got us in the end. But overall we played reasonably well in last years GF.

It's a fine line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back