Autopsy Grand Final 2016 - all discussion in here and nowhere else

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I respect him a lot more now. Takes a lot of guts for a coach to come out and admit such a thing. Sadly umpiring decisions like that cost us a lot.
Yep really respect a cheat. He is also the biggest whinger in the AFL. He is now engaging in self interest pleading that his mob of cheats not be targeted for cheating. What a champion.

Yep really respect a cheat. He is also the biggest whinger in the AFL. He is now engaging in self interest pleading that his mob of cheats not be targeted for cheating. What a champion.
He doesn't have to plead. The president of his football club does enough of that for him. Massive victim complex.

He doesn't have to plead. The president of his football club does enough of that for him. Massive victim complex.

If you were the president of Footscray, wouldn't you feel like a victim?

I don't mind Luke but I'm starting to see him becoming overrated really quickly.

He's a really good coach but the media are starting to make him sound like the second coming of Clarkson. Give it a few years at least and see if the Dogs can continue success.

If you were the president of Footscray, wouldn't you feel like a victim?
I'd feel like president of the reigning premiers tbh

I agree. I really liked him. But he just wanted more opportunity and he will get that at the tigers.
I think Grongey's point is that he would have had more opportunity if he was selected ahead of people like Sinclair.

Yeah Nankervis is looking to have gone up another level at the Tigers but two things to remember:
-He might not have reached this ability at the Swans. A change of scenery often improves a player
-The season hasn't happened yet. Let's see how he goes after a few rounds

But yeah he's looking more like Membry & Biggs. One which we let get away due to contracts for our aging guard

I'm actually surprised this post is still going very impressive but one thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of respect shown to the Western Bulldogs. Yes they missed a few calls Macrae tackled rampe when he wasnt anywhere near the ball and it ended up JJ kicking a point touched on the line so no damage. And they missed the hanners one with wood sliding in that didn't lead to a goal? If you guys can tell me any more they listed then please do so. I'm very surprised that there is no mention that it was a fantastic game of footy but the dogs ran the game out better. You can't honestly say the umpires made us control the footy and have it in our inside 50 for the last 8 minutes. I'm trying to think how they helped us kick a goal first picken kicked on the run after the best footy from both sides you will ever see players throwing there body's on the line then there was I think stringer out of the pack or might of been before Pickens goal anyway once again two sides throwing there body on the line and the ball landed in stringers lap and he kicked a goal where was the free for Sydney that everyone is saying. And then there was Boyd's goal on the run you guys are seriously not gonna say buddy wasn't holding the ball when Morris tackled him? And then yeah Pickens goal at the end. I have nothing but respect for the Swannys there an amazing footy side but I'm gobsmacked the umpires have been blamed.. Its time to move on guys the umpires didn't determin that fantastic game off footys what happened was we over ran them in the last quarter that's what happens in footy I guess. Anyway hope you enjoy my little rant I have nothing but respect for the swans but this is funny like I said if someone can show me all the free kicks in the game and put it on YouTube so we can what was there and what was wasn't that be great. But all I have seen is the two I mentioned up there that didn't result in goals.

Admin I'm also not sure if anyone was aloud to post in here. If so my bad and will take the post down if it offends anyone but I don't see how it should I look foward to here yours thoughts. Good luck for the season guys

On ZTE Blade L5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Nankervis is looking to have gone up another level at the Tigers but two things to remember:
-He might not have reached this ability at the Swans. A change of scenery often improves a player
-The season hasn't happened yet. Let's see how he goes after a few rounds

But yeah he's looking more like Membry & Biggs. One which we let get away due to contracts for our aging guard
He was very ordinary last night. Slow and cant get to contests. Kruzer destroyed him.

Admin I'm also not sure if anyone was aloud to post in here. If so my bad and will take the post down if it offends anyone but I don't see how it should I look foward to here yours thoughts. Good luck for the season guys

Discussion of the actual game is fine, but having a go at others' so-called poor sportsmanship, or bringing up COLA and the academies (which has been talked about endlessly in other threads) is not. Good luck for the season.

I'm actually surprised this post is still going very impressive but one thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of respect shown to the Western Bulldogs. Yes they missed a few calls Macrae tackled rampe when he wasnt anywhere near the ball and it ended up JJ kicking a point touched on the line so no damage. And they missed the hanners one with wood sliding in that didn't lead to a goal? If you guys can tell me any more they listed then please do so. I'm very surprised that there is no mention that it was a fantastic game of footy but the dogs ran the game out better. You can't honestly say the umpires made us control the footy and have it in our inside 50 for the last 8 minutes. I'm trying to think how they helped us kick a goal first picken kicked on the run after the best footy from both sides you will ever see players throwing there body's on the line then there was I think stringer out of the pack or might of been before Pickens goal anyway once again two sides throwing there body on the line and the ball landed in stringers lap and he kicked a goal where was the free for Sydney that everyone is saying. And then there was Boyd's goal on the run you guys are seriously not gonna say buddy wasn't holding the ball when Morris tackled him? And then yeah Pickens goal at the end. I have nothing but respect for the Swannys there an amazing footy side but I'm gobsmacked the umpires have been blamed.. Its time to move on guys the umpires didn't determin that fantastic game off footys what happened was we over ran them in the last quarter that's what happens in footy I guess. Anyway hope you enjoy my little rant I have nothing but respect for the swans but this is funny like I said if someone can show me all the free kicks in the game and put it on YouTube so we can what was there and what was wasn't that be great. But all I have seen is the two I mentioned up there that didn't result in goals.

If you want respect try winning a GF without the umpires cheating in your favour.

You seem to lack a basic understanding of Australian Rules football.

Try watching the last 2min of the 2nd quarter, kieran jacks legs taken out yet paid too high to Mclean. 50 metre penalty, bulldogs go forward and mclean kicks a crumbing goal.

Try the holding the ball paid against Rampe in the 3rd that ends up with the Clay Smith goal for a supposed too high free.

If you were in our position you'd still be bitter and have a similar thread going.

Ps Please dont win tonight by anymore than 24 points. I don't want my multi ruined before saturday.

50m not paid to Jack early. 50m paid at other end. Same thing. Incorrect disposal all day never paid. ALL DAY NEVER PAID. 100+ tackles. 3 sliding incidents not paid (one even paid to Dogs). Don't come on here talking about a lack of respect then start insulting our intelligence with your crap about their being no issues with the umpiring. Bevo admitted there were issues. The AFL has admitted there were issues. Commentators like Mike Sheahan have said there were issues. If the game was only supposed to go 8 minutes then, sure, you ran over the top of us. But a game goes longer than 8 minutes and I'd like to have seen you run over the top of us from 6 goals down.

And also don't say there's no mention of the Dogs' good footy. There's plenty. You haven't read the thread.

So piss off.

I like the way you like to think!
Try this!

The Rampe one? We had the ball running forward & our momentum was stopped as we could have goaled. 7 point turn around!

Hanners slide? We lost a rotation in the midfield which was critical in a close last 10 mins of a GF. Let's say one goal we couldn't score & 1 goal you could score.
12 point turnaround!

Last 8 minutes inside your forward 50? Once again losing Hanners as a rotation through the midfield. Let's just call that even!

Here's a few you may have missed as it was the fairy tale Gillon had to have.

Libba's tunnel ball throw between his legs. "no damage done"!
Hunter's over his head throw (Bulldog handball) to Picken (in the second I think) for a goal. Commentators questioned the 'quality' of the handball!
We'll call that one even.

BUT!
Kieren Jack in cleaned up at the start of the match after taking a mark. 50 metre penalty ALL year!
But not in fairy tales!

Misses the shot (though he should have kicked it). 5 point turn around!

Let's lets do some sums!

We have a 7, 12 & 5 point turn around.....................that's ummmmmm.........................24 points!
We lost by 22 points a man & 3 umpires down!
I'm not even allowing for the fact that we were never able to gain any sort of momentum had the correct free kicks been paid, whether they resulted in direct goals or not but momentum creates goals. We had momentum taken from us for the day.

On the Swans board, on a losing GF thread at that & a place where I like to vent about opposition when not constantly pulled up by Mods, if I think we lost because it was the fairy tale Gillon's Victorian Fictitious League had to have, then I am entitled to think so.

You only respect us because you got away with one. Your coach even admitted the other day you got away with a few throws.
You got away with it in 4 consecutive finals!

But I respect the fact that you respect the Swans because we play respectable football that doesn't get rewarded legitimately!

Tom Boyd holding in the centre was pretty funny

Even he thought he was gone

Still got beaten by a better side imo

I don't believe that.

When we lost to them both times in the H & A in 2015 & 2016, we weren't at our peak & were definitely no playing well. We were red hot to win given a n even & fair chance!
Unfavourable umpiring drains players even though it's how the umpires may have seen things. It's no fluke that when Hanners was taken out, the game opened up! We lost a runner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back