News Grand Final at the Craypot

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it not still 8 weeks until the GF? Why are we even attempting to predict what will be going on in 2 weeks time let alone 8?

Fair call

The point they were making on 360 is that if it's going to be Perth, it probably means the entire finals series has to be here due to quarantining restrictions.

Vics already made the call that there's definitely no crowds till Rd 22 at the earliest. And that's restricted crowds. It's cutting it pretty fine.

Tbh if I were the AFL Id be pretty wary about having it in Perth. McGowans (rightly or wrongly) already shut down crowds the morning of a couple of games this year, would be putting alot of faith in that not happening again.

Now that this has been floated about, watch Perth have a lockdown. Probably our worst one to date.

The finals series is going to be one big mess this year.

Now that this has been floated about, watch Perth have a lockdown. Probably our worst one to date.

The finals series is going to be one big mess this year.
My hope is that the closed borders and lockdowns in other states should protect us inside Australia, but hotel quarantine is still a massive risk. I'm just not sure the AFL will risk the entire finals series by hubbing in Perth, when we know that any local case will trigger a snap lockdown and no crowds. I still think this is grandstanding to force Melbourne to allow 50% crowds.

The biggest worry will be movement between states and not having a corridor of travel, which to me suggests finals all in one state. As long as their is a contingency to get out somewhere else, I think the AFL will be willing to have the final few weeks of the finals within one state, hopefully WA.

I doubt Marko would get in the way of the AFL leaving the state (and giving them the heads up) if they had to leave because of crowds being cancelled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark McGowan will scare the AFL away , Mark has kept us well with our economy on track .
Love the GF here but it's shaky ground anywhere at the moment .

Do I have this right?... if you test negative on the Wednesday, you can get inside Eddie's 'ring of steel' for carnivals etc before the GF and then have a rapid test on the Saturday before the GF?

What would happen if you test positive on the Saturday? Does that then create hotpot for anyone who has been inside ring of steel? And they'd all have to isolate for a few days? Meaning there would be zero people at the GF?

Do I have this right?... if you test negative on the Wednesday, you can get inside Eddie's 'ring of steel' for carnivals etc before the GF and then have a rapid test on the Saturday before the GF?

What would happen if you test positive on the Saturday? Does that then create hotpot for anyone who has been inside ring of steel? And they'd all have to isolate for a few days? Meaning there would be zero people at the GF?

It would be epic chaos and doesnt sound worth it lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back