News Grand Final at the Gabba - Formerly: Where will this years grand final end up if victoria cant have crowds?

Remove this Banner Ad

There have been 2 global financial crises and 3 Geelong premierships since the Weagles were last minor premiers, I think we've gotten over that no problem.

cool story...just noting the irony of the ignorant cat fan..you guys don't even have to leave Vic to be exposed as downhill skiers

Why should St.Kilda be in the state league?

Just shut the fu** up lol

There are too many teams in Melbourne leading to over competition and North & St Kilda needing subsidisation. It also distorts the fixture as you are unable to play home & away with 18 teams. I think if the AFL could get the league down to 14 teams we could play home & away properly to ensure the integrity of the competition.

The problem with this is that there are only 2 obvious financial outliers that are eligible for relegation. You may say I would be heartbroken if it was my team being relegated and you are 100% correct. If I were you I would read my message and respond as you have.

My team Subiaco were decimated by the entry of the Eagles to the VFL and so was the WAFL. Now I am an Eagles supported and accept that. However, the AFL is a place for largest financially independent clubs and Subiaco weren't one of them. I also think St Kilda aren't one of them.

Apologies for any offence and I fully accept your response.

There are too many teams in Melbourne leading to over competition and North & St Kilda needing subsidisation. It also distorts the fixture as you are unable to play home & away with 18 teams. I think if the AFL could get the league down to 14 teams we could play home & away properly to ensure the integrity of the competition.

The problem with this is that there are only 2 obvious financial outliers that are eligible for relegation. You may say I would be heartbroken if it was my team being relegated and you are 100% correct. If I were you I would read my message and respond as you have.

My team Subiaco were decimated by the entry of the Eagles to the VFL and so was the WAFL. Now I am an Eagles supported and accept that. However, the AFL is a place for largest financially independent clubs and Subiaco weren't one of them. I also think St Kilda aren't one of them.

Apologies for any offence and I fully accept your response.

Subiaco have had the greatest time in their history since the inception of the Eagles. Before the Eagles came in Subiaco were probably the lowest ebb of the WAFL clubs throughout their history. Subiaco supporters have had a great time for the last 30 years.

Gil the most powerful force in the AFL. Has taken the Eagles flag chances from favourites to 0% just by making them leave Perth to win it.
Skiers no chance now.

Yep, Eagles can't win away from WA.

1599626910205.png

At least the Cats will avoid their hoodoo ground.......the MCG.

This year is turning out very well for Geelong.

Reduced season length means all those 'old legs' won't be as tired come finals.

Avoid playing finals at the MCG where better Vic sides hold home ground advantage.

Injury list looking pretty good with players coming back.

Last chance saloon for Danger and co....Cats flag to lose IMO.

Personally no issue with the GF being at the Gabba but ffs, make it a day game. The quality of night games has been disgustingly bad.
Agreed. I know AFL want to trial a night game but there is also the risk of it being dewy as all hell. Not a fan.

Recall someone reporting by the day of the GF the temps in Brisbane will be up and possibly over 30 degrees and high humidity.

That reason and also the TV prime time is why they have gone for a twilight / night GF. It's too hot during the day and they would make more $$ at night.

If those conditions exist it will be a slog fest with a lot of ground balls and a challenge for player skills.

Could still happen, if the journos find out about other breaches that a rumoured to have happened in the QLD hub, may have been the same night as Stack and the other bloke stepped out.

HOW RICHMOND COULD COST ANNASTACIA PALASZCZUK THE QUEENSLAND ELECTION
Craddock says he’d heard whispers of more protocol breaches on the Gold Coast, where a number of Victorian clubs are currently staying.

“I heard Richmond CEO Brendon Gale say it’s all about winning … some people are onto it and I know our reporters on the Gold Coast and they were sniffing around a couple of other stories that they couldn’t get up,” he said.

“They believe there were more (breaches) involving other people.”

And people were calling McGowan a nuffy for refusing to bend over and touch his toes for the AFL.

The WA Premier is looking on with high approval ratings, sitting back with a beer and some popcorn laughing at the TV as the AFL in QLD is turning voters away from the incumbent leader.

McGowan will regain power in a canter next election. He's played this very, very well from a political standpoint.

So nine net new cases of COVID-19 in Qld today. Not in any way wanting it to happen but you'd hope the AFL has a contingency in place if it starts to spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The GABBA has become a de facto MCG in more ways than 1.

From Rounds 10-18 Collingwood leave there only once, with their last 6 all at the GABBA.
Well 4 of those games were our home game, and we were also the away team against Brisbane and Melbourne (also staying at the Sunshine Coast). And we’ve also played in every possible state this season so it is not like we haven’t travelled

Gil the most powerful force in the AFL. Has taken the Eagles flag chances from favourites to 0% just by making them leave Perth to win it.
Skiers no chance now.

Wanna hug?

And people were calling McGowan a nuffy for refusing to bend over and touch his toes for the AFL.

The WA Premier is looking on with high approval ratings, sitting back with a beer and some popcorn laughing at the TV as the AFL in QLD is turning voters away from the incumbent leader.

McGowan will regain power in a canter next election. He's played this very, very well from a political standpoint.

Who gives a s**t about McGowan he is irrelevant on the national stage.

Internally perhaps. To the rest of the country it comes across a bit childish. And we wonder why WA gets screwed on GST.
Sometimes it pays to be friendly with your neighbours.

People still not getting it.

McGowan is a political animal not a AFL fan.

He does not care what the rest of Australia thinks he is solely focused on staying in power.

McGowan has used his actions with Covid and the AFL to get re-elected.

Right now the Premier in QLD is facing serious backlash from QLD voters on how the QLD has got down on one kneeand treated the AFL and 'non Welders better than locals.

McGowan is laughing all the way to the election..

People still not getting it.

McGowan is a political animal not a AFL fan.

He does not care what the rest of Australia thinks he is solely focused on staying in power.

McGowan has used his actions with Covid and the AFL to get re-elected.

Right now the Premier in QLD is facing serious backlash from QLD voters on how the QLD has got down on one kneeand treated the AFL and 'non Welders better than locals.

McGowan is laughing all the way to the election..

Oh I totally get it - modern politics is all about getting elected, not necessarily doing what is best for your state/country. Sad state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back