Mod. Notice Grand final barcode requests (Strictly Swans supporters only, read OP first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picking them up though, do you need a concession id??

I think this has already been addressed, but I think you should just do it. We had a family membership this year as well (although I've already passed on the barcodes of the junior tickets to another poster on this board!) and if the junior tickets weren't being used, we gave them to friend to use and they were never questioned why they were holding a child's member card. To be honest, why would the staff care - they're too busy trying to get tens of thousands of people in as quick as humanly possible. As long as your barcode beeps to let you in, they're happy!

Am I being a bit of a "humbug" in asking why we are assisting people in getting a GF ticket who saw fit not to become Swans members in the first place?
I have been a member for more than 30 years and I can't quite understand why we are helping non members.

Because being sanctimonious is over-rated.

Am I being a bit of a "humbug" in asking why we are assisting people in getting a GF ticket who saw fit not to become Swans members in the first place?
I have been a member for more than 30 years and I can't quite understand why we are helping non members.

My guess is that we are helping family members and friends of swans members. I already have a ticket to the GF, so why not give away a ballot chance where it can be used and appreciated? The more red and white there on the big day, the better.

I see your perspective but at the end of the day - membership doesn't equate to passion because it truly is a (minor) luxury to have a membership. If you have kids for example, and you're struggling to make ends meet, memberships - especially a full season one, really is an expense that is significant. I think you're quite lucky in that you have managed to be financial able enough to sustain this passion, but others are not so lucky.

It could also be geographically infeasible. I'm moving overseas at the end of next year and when I do that, I'm not going to be able to maintain my current 11-home game membership because it's a waste of money. However, if we make it, I will fork out thousands for a plane ticket, accomodation and an actual grand final ticket, and that will be because of the generosity of other people. Passion isn't measured through financial commitment. In my eyes, a 30 year paying member is no different to a 30 year non-paying supporter.

I see your perspective but at the end of the day - membership doesn't equate to passion because it truly is a (minor) luxury to have a membership. If you have kids for example, and you're struggling to make ends meet, memberships - especially a full season one, really is an expense that is significant. I think you're quite lucky in that you have managed to be financial able enough to sustain this passion, but others are not so lucky.

It could also be geographically infeasible. I'm moving overseas at the end of next year and when I do that, I'm not going to be able to maintain my current 11-home game membership because it's a waste of money. However, if we make it, I will fork out thousands for a plane ticket, accomodation and an actual grand final ticket, and that will be because of the generosity of other people. Passion isn't measured through financial commitment. In my eyes, a 30 year paying member is no different to a 30 year non-paying supporter.
I somewhat agree with what you're saying, there is always more than meets the eye.

However, your point regarding finances, i think it is fairly moot due to the fact that a ticket to the GF could cost over $300, this is almost enough to buy an 11 game membership on its own.

I somewhat agree with what you're saying, there is always more than meets the eye.

However, your point regarding finances, i think it is fairly moot due to the fact that a ticket to the GF could cost over $300, this is almost enough to buy an 11 game membership on its own.

The calculation doesn't really work like that though as it would be X + Y as opposed to just Y where X = Cost of Membership and Y = Cost of GF ticket. It's always going to be more for the former.

Well I'm basically too late to the party but if anyone has 2 spares I'd be forever grateful and guarantee to 'like' all your future posts, even the ones criticising Sam Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I'm basically too late to the party but if anyone has 2 spares I'd be forever grateful and guarantee to 'like' all your future posts, even the ones criticising Sam Reid.

Don't worry I won't criticise Reid but I have dmd you 2 barcodes. Good luck.

I can also be taken off the list thanks to vonn and SM. Thankyou to both of you my Dad really appreciates it

The BF power couple strikes again. They might both be in committed relationships now, but when they work together, great things can be accomplished :p

Buyer beware: We have had a couple of reports of posters being given barcodes that had already been used and thus could not be registered. If we catch anyone doing this the poster will be given a Serious Infraction. If in doubt, we recommend you only deal with people you know from the boards.

It isn't a lot of damage done other than disapointment though is it? People cant double register etc can they?

It isn't a lot of damage done other than disapointment though is it? People cant double register etc can they?

Once a barcode gets used, it can't be used again.

For things to run smoothly, we have to rely on trust and the honour system as we can't always vouch for individual posters. At least with the barcodes no money changes hands, and the vast majority of people are trustworthy, but that's not always the case. At the end of the day no harm was done.

Anyone know if that means all priority 2 ticket allocations have secured a seat at the mcg if swans win?

Please someone answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back