Grand final broadcasting disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Having to watch it in SD was ******* painful.

This was pretty screwed. I watched at the pub and we saw Fox Footy in HD prematch, then channel 7's blurry crap on the big screen for the game.

If they are going to have exclusive rights then they have to improve this.

Otherwise it was awesome :)

So you enjoy the ad breaks after every goal then ? or just another sheep defending the crap the AFL foists upon you
Do you have any idea about how the AFL is funded? If so please tell us an alternate that has less adverts and does not take money out of the AFL's pockets when TV rights are being negotiated (this btw is what keeps a number of clubs afloat).

T
So you're ecstatic about paying $800 a year for something you previously got for free; but having to watch ads instead of listening to fox footy morons talk about themselves between goals is just a bridge too far? :oops:
The feed from Fox on every FTA game is the channel 7 commentators, not the Fox morons, as you put it.
Me? I put the radio on SEN to avoid the ad breaks. Shame about the SD though.
As for the 'got for free' comment, when did 7 ever play all 9 games each weekend?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

T

The feed from Fox on every FTA game is the channel 7 commentators, not the Fox morons, as you put it.
Me? I put the radio on SEN to avoid the ad breaks. Shame about the SD though.
As for the 'got for free' comment, when did 7 ever play all 9 games each weekend?
Don't know, I don't watch many games on TV.

I just can't see how it's such a struggle to fill those 15 seconds of ads with some form of human interaction or at least a toilet break or anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bloody outrage! I want things for free and without interruption!

I'm still pissed off I had to pay for grand final tickets the last 4 years. I remember the good old days when you used to be able to sit in the car and honk the horn when goals were scored. Now I have to pay $300 to sit with strangers and no air conditioning or match commentary where I sit!

And don't have any friends? Thats a bit sad

AFL member. Don't know that Ive ever watched a game on fox. Is there something about the coverage between goals thats really worth watching?

Do not worry. I have friends.
But they are not always at my place every time a non FTA game is on Fox.
If you can afford Fox, the footy channel is a revelation.

I guess 7 would be worried that since the GF is usually watched at a BBQ or get together, people would tend to go to people who have Foxtels place to watch and they will lose half their audience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back