Grand final broadcasting disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Billion dollar to rights, they have to recoup the money somehow and biggest tv audience of the year is prime recouperation. If it annoys you so much a few hundred in a Foxtel subscription will alleviate your pain, best thing I've done and get to enjoy every game and the extras, with no ads.

The pointless replays annoyed me more after play had re-commenced or was just about to. There was a time when people had to tune into their radios to keep up with the GF.

The pointless replays annoyed me more after play had re-commenced or was just about to. There was a time when people had to tune into their radios to keep up with the GF.

The thing that has always annoyed me with replays is they show insignificant things I don't care to see again, but the moment I want to check something, no replay :)

Lol. Nothing to do with being middle class. Some exclusive areas have not got cable and thus can only get their foxtel via satellite. Strangely, HD FTA stations are not supplied for satellite transmission.

Lol. Should have said mate, got Foxtel sat myself in Sydney inner city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ads are a necessary evil. Get pissed enough with some mates and you can find some satisfaction taking the piss out of them anyway. My gripe will forever lie with the actual quality of the broadcast itself, primarily the bonehead callers and "analysts".

Yes, an absolute disgrace. More so than the unfairness of the competition and the fact that the grand final is unfairly played at the MCG every year.

Yes, an absolute disgrace. More so than the unfairness of the competition and the fact that the grand final is unfairly played at the MCG every year.
Everything about the AFL is unfair. Vic teams don't travel much but don't have the same home ground advantage as interstate ones. You don't play every team twice. Expansion clubs have higher caps and bigger lists and are allowed to have players as "ambassadors" etc etc. Even the umpiring is influences by the home crowds because there are too many grey areas open to interpretation.

It's a bloody outrage! I want things for free and without interruption!

I'm still pissed off I had to pay for grand final tickets the last 4 years. I remember the good old days when you used to be able to sit in the car and honk the horn when goals were scored. Now I have to pay $300 to sit with strangers and no air conditioning or match commentary where I sit!

I'm fine with the ads, gotta make money somehow. But the lack of HD? Free to air channels often show other sporting events like NBA finals and FA cup finals in HD, no idea why they can't here.

The way most of the coverage was in close up was very annoying.

On too many occasions you couldn't actually see the game, only the Sherrin and the nearest player or two to it.

Nothing new though.

I have only watched the game once but did they only use tradional camera angles when they were having shots for goal? What happened to the spider-cam behind the player shots? I know they had the camera but I can't recall a single time it was used.

Welcome to FTA TV coverage....my sympathies are very limited sadly.

I would be happy to see my team on FTA more as opposed to Foxtel in all seriousness.

That said, the commentary was also sickening yesterday too especially Cameron Ling....oh how I would love to have hit him yesterday (embarrassingly pro-Bulldog)

Wait till you see him commentate a geelong game where danger is playing well...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back