Welcome Grand Final Congratulations Thread - Opposition Posters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Dee's.

Hopefully that brightens up what has been a shitty year for Victoria with the lockdowns.

I was very lucky to attend the game and your team did you proud tonight.

It gives hope to other teams to show how quickly things can turn around if you work hard enough at it and get all of your players on board.

It was an amazing atmosphere and most of the neutrals were going for the Dee's. I estimate about 2/3rds of the crowd were supporting you guys.

I had a vested interest to watch Petracca closely tonight because I backed him for the Normie and I am not telling you guys anything when I say he is a freak.

After every stoppage and goal he looked spent but he just kept willing himself into the contest. It was one of the greatest GF performances ever.

Your boys stayed out on the ground for a long time after the game and acknowledged your supporters.

I think they will party hard tonight!

Anyway enjoy the win after a long drought and hopefully you can go back to back at the GEE next year in front of all of you passionate members and supporters.

Last edited:
Great effort by the Dees, great season, great finals campaign and incredible Grand Final. There is a lot to look forward to, if you have a decent run with injuries etc you are going to take a hell of a lot of beating for a good few years to come, especially given your age profile.

I am sure he won’t be forgotten in all of this but Mark Neeld deserves a lot of credit for setting this up for the Dees. 😱

My dear, darling Dad in Heaven, your beloved Melbourne did it after 57 years
💙💙💙💙💙💙
I see you + Jim Stynes, with all the other Melbourne Angels, celebrating Melbourne’s best ever GF win!

Remember #JimStynes? 💔
No one mentioned Jim Stynes 💔
Not one player!
No one from coaching staff!
Not one administrator!
Not one @7AFL commentator!

Delighted by Melbourne’s Grand Final win!

Disgusted that Jim Stynes was ignored? 💔*

*Hoping Jim Stynes was acknowledged since writing this 💔
I’m not that fast and nobody mentioned Jim Stynes, he was there and probably rightfully had a lot to do with the exception of all this.

But Nathan Jones, he is the one that deserves unsung credits from all this. He was the one that joined the club when we were basically at our lowest, and stuck it out the entire time, through all the horrendous, abysmal performances heartache, desertion, embarrassment, etc etc.

He’s the one that really deserves shout outs, and I didn’t hear much, and that’s the only thing I’m a little bit sad about tonight that he wasn’t there, and that he get really loud shout outs.

He deserves this, more than anyone.

Dee's put on a good show all year and the flag is thoroughly deserved. Enjoy it, you guys have waited too long! Congrats!!!

I have just got back from the Grand Final. Got a ticket to go at about 12 today thanks to a bout of gastro for the original ticket holder.

Melbourne were awesome. I was worried at half time and for most of the third quarter, then bang!
I am so happy for Ed Langdon in particular and so impressed with the magic and staying power of Petracca.

Well done Dees. Hope the curse is broken for the MCG as well.

I didn't bet on your mob because I thought the weeks off might hurt you.

Glad I was wrong.

The final quarter was boring but overall this was a good grand final.

Hope you guys make it again next season. Very likeable team.

Cheers and congrats.

Great yr lads congratulations I have a feeling you will be there on the big day next yr hopefully at the G.
For all of you who have stuck fat 👏👏

Well done Dees Congratulations

4020-B89-E-64-AB-420-D-9-F9-D-A21-DD7291-FF0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap and say "yup, too good"...well done, enjoy.

Don't piss the next 5 years away like we did in 2016. Let's turn this thing into a Cats/Hawks rivalry.

All the best...party on

Commiserations mate. Didn't look like we were up for it early in the third. Reckon our sides have a long and storied rivalry to come.

Congratulations guys!!! The best team all year and a flag well deserved. Was lucky enough to be there live myself and when that final siren went I reckon euphoric is an understatement, that crowd went ******* nuts and I made sure to be apart of it singing your song loud and proud.

Amazing experience for my first time being at a Grand Final, and I will say that it sucks that it wasn't seeing Freo win a flag, but I'm glad it was you guys at least.

Drink hard and celebrate all week lads, you've earnt it.

My dear, darling Dad in Heaven, your beloved Melbourne did it after 57 years
💙💙💙💙💙💙
I see you + Jim Stynes, with all the other Melbourne Angels, celebrating Melbourne’s best ever GF win!

Remember #JimStynes? 💔
No one mentioned Jim Stynes 💔
Not one player!
No one from coaching staff!
Not one administrator!
Not one @7AFL commentator!

Delighted by Melbourne’s Grand Final win!

Disgusted that Jim Stynes was ignored? 💔*

*Hoping Jim Stynes was acknowledged since writing this 💔

Mate he was mentioned a few times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back