Welcome Grand Final Congratulations Thread - Opposition Posters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations. Could not be happier for your club and the fans. One of the most impressive finals series I have ever seen.

I suspect your mob has just changed the course of the AFL forever. Since the dawn of time clubs believed to win a flag you need 28+ year olds and a handful of kids. You guys just built a dominant flag side with a largely young team and handful of older heads. This could have a flow on effect as to how clubs operate now. I believe the prime of a player is no longer considered 28 but 23-26 based largely off the performances ive seen from the dees this year . This is going to have a huge effect on how clubs operate moving forward.

Congratulations again, masterful performance. This is The demons league, Wer just living in it

Congratulations Melbourne. Well deserved. You displayed brilliant and spectacular football after half time.
Happy for Neale Daniher and Ron Barassi.

When my tired, aged and too-dumb-to-die Cats staggered into the Prelim with you, I knew we were cooked, but also that you'd have to face down one last scary moment on the path to destiny. It came in with Bont's goal in the third as he almost single-handedly tried to win a game on his own.

Your side reminds me so much of my mob in 2007. Dash, dare, a forward pair of talls that is decent enough to let a snappy set of smalls do their thing. But Grand Finals are won, always, in the ruck and midfield.

You will relive that third quarter forever. 57 years in the making. And played the game as it should be.

The day, the year, is yours.

Huge congratulations to you guys for finally winning one after such a long time and what a bloody way to win it.

Been going to / watching footy with my dad for as long as I can remember and being with him last night to see him experience a grand final win was one of the most amazing nights of my life.. so I can only imagine how you’re all feeling.

Unreal team. Enjoy the win! My gut tells me this won’t be the last time this teams up there lifting the cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome finals performances, and this GF was a pearler.
All your MF guns stood up and showed why you'll be around for a real dynasty.
I recall David Schwarz on SEN in 2007 saying he envied Geelong for finally getting their act together.
Well now, your team is the envy of the AFL.
Young Jackson is a beauty- better than about 16 other teams' first rucks.
I have always been a Petracca fan since his days at Eastern Ranges.
So many A graders.
For neutral supporters, this was the best GF I have ever seen and have been following footy since 1963.
That second half turnaround was something else- Doggies were super competitive for a good while.

Well done and congratulations guys and gals. Awesome performance.

Am obviously Carlton through and through but do have a soft spot for the Dees with some close family being massive fans of the club.

Enjoy it and if it's not my club up there holding the cup next year I am more than happy for it to be yours.

Congratulations Dees. Great game - pressure out of the stratosphere, huge momentum swings and then the damn wall bursting with such exuberant straight down the ground footy!

Soak it up Demons! (I watched the 2007 drought breaker dozens 7 days in a row - I’m sure you will as well as). Going to be mighty hard to beat next year.

Nup....it's a dream.

When you wake up you'll discover that Stevic paid a ludicrous free to Bont who kicked the winning goal after the siren to rob you of your Flag :weary: :drunk: :straining:;)

Now I don’t want to wake up :(
I’ll keep celebrating in my dreams!! Wooooo GO YOU DEMONS 😍😍🔴🔵

Just popped in to congratulate you mighty dees fans. You guys were the best team all year and thoroughly deserve your premiership. I know you aren't supposed to have a second team but the dees have always been mine due to my respect for Neale Daniher. So glad he was able to see the drought broken, and hope if my swannies can't usurp you next year, you continue to succeed.

Well done guys, and enjoy your celebrations!

DB3B4F18-FF45-4AA0-91D6-CC62260181E0.jpeg Someone mentioned this clearance from Oliver in the last Q. He somehow shrugged off both Stef Martin and Treloar and got the kick away. I create these sketches before painting them on canvas. Should I stick with this or have a go at creating one for Petracca’s dribble goal? What do you think Dees?

View attachment 1246908Someone mentioned this clearance from Oliver in the last Q. He somehow shrugged off both Stef Martin and Treloar and got the kick away. I create these sketches before painting them on canvas. Should I stick with this or have a go at creating one for Petracca’s dribble goal? What do you think Dees?
Dude this is fantastic! Would love to see the finished painting.

View attachment 1246908Someone mentioned this clearance from Oliver in the last Q. He somehow shrugged off both Stef Martin and Treloar and got the kick away. I create these sketches before painting them on canvas. Should I stick with this or have a go at creating one for Petracca’s dribble goal? What do you think Dees?
This is glorious

1632657889674.png

In my mind this image was looking straight down the ground with all of the players visible running from the centre bounce. Bit less epic as it turns out, but still crazy to see the #31 running hot to change the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back