Game Day Grand Final Discussion: Geelong Cats v Sydney Swans Saturday 24 September 2022 12:30 PM

Who wins the AFL 2022 Premiership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the big dance comes down to two of the best run organisations in the AFL

Both clubs never seem to completely bottom out and have produced some good football over the past decade plus

Last 3 Meetings

Friday March 25th 2022 SCG (That Buddy Goal)

Sydney 17.5.107 Geel 10.17.67

Saturday May 1st 2021 SCG (Papley snaps the winner with 91 seconds left)

Sydney 14.6.90 Geel 12.16.88

Sunday September 20 2020 Metricon (Cats secured anotehr dbl chance in September)

Sydney 9.9.63 Geelong 10.9.69

We have witnessed a wonderful finals series we've seen thus far and this matchup shoudl be no different.

Get your discussion on re: this Grand Final. I think Cats will prevail by 17.

Remember this isnt a bitch session about how bad West Coast is. Plenty other threads for that!

Hoping for a Sydney win so i can vicariously live through a "Non Victorian" victory.
Although i guess, through studying B.F logic, Geelong is not a Victorian team......according to some.

Hope Geelong do better in this interstate GF!

Hoping for a Sydney win so i can vicariously live through a "Non Victorian" victory.
Although i guess, through studying B.F logic, Geelong is not a Victorian team......according to some.

Damn ruined my joke.

Hoping for a Sydney win, but if Sam Reid doesn't play then that's going to be a huge blow for the Swans.

Ladhams brain fade just cost him a game in the Grand Final

I want Sydney to to win because of Hickey (same reason I wanted Hawthorn to win when Spangher played in a Grand Final for them), and Geelong are full of kents. But I think Geelong will win.

Unlike most it seems I do respect Geelong as a club though. Ridiculous record since forever which shows they're a well run club with buy-in across the board. They're a team of geriatrics yet can keep them on the park while trading and recruiting well at the same time. And I like watching good teams. I just can't barrack for Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins etc

These are two teams we should look at emulating as we to a full review into the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comfortably the two most consistent teams since the turn of the century. Finals

18 - Geelong, Sydney
14 - Collingwood, West Coast
12 - Adelaide, Hawthorn
11 - Essendon, Port Adelaide, Bulldogs
10 - Brisbane
9 - North Melbourne, Richmond
8 - Fremantle, Melbourne, St Kilda
6 - Carlton
5 - GWS
0 - Gold Coast

It’s the sixth GF appearance for both teams this century moving ahead of Hawthorn and Collingwood (5) followed by Brisbane and WCE (4)

If Geelong win they’ll move level with Hawthorn on 4 flags

If Sydney win they’ll move level with Brisbane, Geelong and Richmond on 3

Whoever wins they’ll become only the second team after us to win premierships 10 or more years apart (Geeelong 2011 and Sydney 2012)

It’s a genuine heavyweight title fight

Want Sydney but think Geelong win

Odds for Rohan getting Norm would have to be pretty long.

Nek minute Neds offering a GF special of Rohan for NS at $5*

* Minimum bet $500

Comfortably the two most consistent teams since the turn of the century. Finals

18 - Geelong, Sydney
14 - Collingwood, West Coast
12 - Adelaide, Hawthorn
11 - Essendon, Port Adelaide, Bulldogs
10 - Brisbane
9 - North Melbourne, Richmond
8 - Fremantle, Melbourne, St Kilda
6 - Carlton
5 - GWS
0 - Gold Coast

It’s the sixth GF appearance for both teams this century moving ahead of Hawthorn and Collingwood (5) followed by Brisbane and WCE (4)

If Geelong win they’ll move level with Hawthorn on 4 flags

If Sydney win they’ll move level with Brisbane, Geelong and Richmond on 3

Whoever wins they’ll become only the second team after us to win premierships 10 or more years apart (Geeelong 2011 and Sydney 2012)

It’s a genuine heavyweight title fight

Want Sydney but think Geelong win

Could argue that Gold Coast have been the most consistent.

It does my head in wondering why we let Hickey go?
mmm
and they looked in trouble when Reid went off. He is unlikely to be fit I suspect.

Their back up ruckman was dumb enough to ge a 3 week suspenstion from the VFL so I see them being short staffed. Cats looks smart enough to exploit any weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back