Game Day Grand Final Discussion Thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone realize that the Hawks actually have a younger list than us?

Coming into the 2014 season:
Richmond ave age: 24.02 years
Hawthorn ave age: 23.28 years

This shocked me and caused me to dig a little further.... we actually have the 4th oldest list in the AFL :eek:

Was lucky enough to score a ticket to today's game. What a dominant performance. Absolutely delightful to watch. That is total football.

Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis. Brilliant.

They out Sydney, Sydney. They improved on anything I've seen.

We have a long, long way to go. Anyone who doesn't think we need more elite players in the midfield just need to watch that game.

Well done Hawthorn. Much respect. Most brilliant club in my lifetime.

Very football.

We are so far off the pace with matching it with Hawthorn, it's not funny.

We can't even get near the Swans.
I agree 100%. On our day we can beat them by 10 goals, but can we do that over a whole season let alone a better half of a decade like them?? Pffft, Mate we'll probably have to go through another 2 rebuilds still with our current administration to even get there. Honestly unsure about next season as well. Hope for the best but smelling rotten blue cheese for some reason. I don't like blue cheese.

The brown is nearly black.
Agree the Waverley Wanderers brown in there jumper just keeps getting darker and darker , I thought they were wearing our heritage jumper from a few years ago what a joke !!! stick to your colours wanderers which are milk chocolate brown and gold . yellow and black are taken !!! you wander from home to home; in fact they never played in hawthorn they played at Glenferrie then princess park carlton then Waverley then Tassie !! the wandering minstrels of the AFL/ VFL !!!!! Bugger OFF and get back to your own colours !!!!!

On our day we can beat them by 10 goals

Yeah, in like round 18 when our season is hanging on life-support and they already have the top 4 stitched up.....

If we met them in a Granny and they play anywhere near like they played yesterday we would collectively need all of Cotch, Lids, Dusty, Jack, Rance, Maric, Ellis, Miles and a few others to play the best game of their LIVES, in the same game, to win.

This shocked me and caused me to dig a little further.... we actually have the 4th oldest list in the AFL :eek:

Hawks biggest problem will be they rely heavily on blokes who are around 30+. Our leaders/prime movers are all mid 20s.

Do you know what the median age is?

Don't know where you got those stats from, but they're very wrong. We had the 8th oldest and the 10th most experienced list. Hawks had the 5th and 4th, respectively.

A more relevant measure is the age of the 22, though. Here is a summary of the 22 that lined up late in the season for each club.

2708player_ages_353-300x0.jpg

Really..... Hawthorn are trying to steal our colours and become like Richmond..... OHHH FFS

Lets do the Numbers 1983 onwards....

Hawks - 1983 (W), 84 (RU),85 (RU), 86 (W), 87(RU), 88 (W), 89 (W), 08 (W), 12 (RU), 13 (W), 14 (W) - WON 7 GF, Runners Up 4
Tigers - SWEET F A

Yeah for sure they are trying to replicate Richmond and the Richmond colours. You would argue they would be trying to put as much distance between clubs as possible

Hawthorn have dominated the competition since 1971.....if anything we should be making our yellow look more Hawthorn

at
Their 'brown' is a very very dark brown and gets darker every season. Clearly ashamed of their true colours

RFC and the AFL should step in and make sure they use their proper light poo diarrhoea brown because they're ripping off our colours

My thoughts exactly and they have been getting away with it for too long!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really..... Hawthorn are trying to steal our colours and become like Richmond..... OHHH FFS

Lets do the Numbers 1983 onwards....

Hawks - 1983 (W), 84 (RU),85 (RU), 86 (W), 87(RU), 88 (W), 89 (W), 08 (W), 12 (RU), 13 (W), 14 (W) - WON 7 GF, Runners Up 4
Tigers - SWEET F A

Yeah for sure they are trying to replicate Richmond and the Richmond colours. You would argue they would be trying to put as much distance between clubs as possible

Hawthorn have dominated the competition since 1971.....if anything we should be making our yellow look more Hawthorn

Oh we're from Tiger Gold and slightly off black.....o_O

Last edited:
Wowwww!! What an amazing effort by Hawthorn. We are so far off that standard it's not funny. I was in shear admiration at how that football club went about it on Saturday. Not only was every players head in the game with the right attack and aggression but every single one of their players is a footballer. They beat their opposition and when they get it they are just so intelligent. Execute by hand and foot, move into space, make the right decisions....fuuuu!! So happy that Sydney lost!! At least we are still trying to copy the best team :)

Agree the Waverley Wanderers brown in there jumper just keeps getting darker and darker , I thought they were wearing our heritage jumper from a few years ago what a joke !!! stick to your colours wanderers which are milk chocolate brown and gold . yellow and black are taken !!! you wander from home to home; in fact they never played in hawthorn they played at Glenferrie then princess park carlton then Waverley then Tassie !! the wandering minstrels of the AFL/ VFL !!!!! Bugger OFF and get back to your own colours !!!!!
Uh.... sorry but Glenferrie Oval is right in the heart of Hawthorn. Couldn't be more in hawthorn.

Uh.... sorry but Glenferrie Oval is right in the heart of Hawthorn. Couldn't be more in hawthorn.
geography was never a strong point but you cant argue they have wandered around a lot !!!!! and to put it bluntly have pulled the wool over the Tassie governments eyes and are getting way overs to play down there !!!! but good luck to them they do it very well !!

geography was never a strong point but you cant argue they have wandered around a lot !!!!! and to put it bluntly have pulled the wool over the Tassie governments eyes and are getting way overs to play down there !!!! but good luck to them they do it very well !!
Yeah I agree on that one.

Now Collingwood AFAIK have never played in Collingwood. Vic Park is in Abbotsford, their current base is in Richmond and the G is Jolimont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back