Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
My guess is he'll play his new Adam Goodes song.

But yeah - Leaps and Bounds, Before Too Long, To Her Door and Dumb Things would be pretty great.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Honestly, as a TV entertainment spectacle, the NRL GF wins out every year.

They even Bring Me The Horizon with their song 'Mantra' as the official theme song for the finals. Instant win for the NRL this year. Bring Me are exactly the style the AFL should be looking to use. Huge pump up music. Get everybody in the mood for a fierce contest.
Instead, the last 2 years we're being subjected to Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night and Dance Monkey.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Always gotta laugh at the name grinspoon
How many parents actually know wtf the band are promoting with that name lol
I had no idea what it meant.

Assumed something to do with heroin.

But...

"The band owes its name to the American professor Lester Grinspoon, who teaches psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Grinspoon is a marijuna convert: initially he studied cannabis to publish about the dangers, later he became an avid advocate of legalizing marijuana so that it can be prescribed as a medicinal agent."

Well there ya go...

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I don’t mind Paul Kelly.

Also have no idea why anyone gives a crap. The event is the Grand Final. It’s AFL - a sport that goes with a ceremony that involves community care types making a banner each week for the team to trip over.

I’d be concerned if the AFL wanted to get some super bowl style headliner for 15 billion dollars. Money might be better invested elsewhere like for example a functional review system.

Anyways I will be committed to being drunk on grand final day. So if for entertainment they decide to pay my mum to sing a selection of hymns through a megaphone for an hour, I won’t be too bothered.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I'd passed it all off as bland as s**t folk music until I saw him at a festival balls deep in acid, it was ******* awesome. His band slays and his songwriting is brilliant. Plus it's great to see an Australian headlining it, instead of some shithead American who doesn't know or care about our sport.

I'd passed it all off as bland as s**t folk music until I saw him at a festival balls deep in acid, it was ******* awesome. His band slays and his songwriting is brilliant. Plus it's great to see an Australian headlining it, instead of some s**thead American who doesn't know or care about our sport.
That’s some good acid.

lvandinter

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, McLaren F1, Man Utd
Tones and I.....i had a listen to that dance monkey song on YouTube just to see what we're in for. I can't believe how terrible it is. If you like that crap I don't know what to say really.
Agreed, glad my team isn’t in the grand final (still wish we were though) to hear that s**t.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Its a deadset embarassment to have Paul Kelly play. Anything to save a buck

Kiss is in town, get them to come ffs.

Why do racing cars in Newcastle outdo the AFL Grand Final in the entertainment stakes?

It just makes the sport look very amateurish

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
This thread is a joke. Bunch of people telling a bunch of other people how to go about liking music....:rolleyes:

Not about that entirely. This is about Gil trying to save a buck at the expense of the fans so he can earn a bigger bonus at years end. You are kidding if you think its for any other reason

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Its a deadset embarassment to have Paul Kelly play. Anything to save a buck

Kiss is in town, get them to come ffs.

Why do racing cars in Newcastle outdo the AFL Grand Final in the entertainment stakes?

It just makes the sport look very amateurish
But Kiss is truly dreadful

Back