AFL Grand Final Grand Final food and drink preparations. What are you doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I normally eat a normal breakfast then eat some grilled salmon with a rocket lettuce salad for lunch.
If the GF is on at 7pm , I'll crack my first pale ale beer or Guinness at about 3pm .
Six beers is enough but keep 3 extra warm ones that can be cooled down I'm an emergency.
I'm not an alcoholic but GF day is the best day to enjoy daytime drinking.
Besides that I'll have pre-prepared home made pizza and at at least 4 bags of corn chips with some dips and other assorted snacks like Bhuja Mix.
I'll re-heat more salmon at half-time, also I'll have some chocolate handy in case if I need it.
* You need to cover all your bases and then sit on the couch for worlds best practice.

Not Salmon in this photo.
images (6) (13).jpeg 8Kss30IQV0A

Last edited:
I'll be doing buffalo wings and nachos during the day and and then burgers for dinner just before the game (I have a Shake shack rip off that goes pretty close to the real thing, if anyone knows who Shake Shack are the best burgers in the ******* world)

Then I'll be smashing a few beers during the day and probably get on the burbon (Buffalo Trace and Pepsi because Coca-Cola is s**t come at me) come game time

If Melbourne win I'll crack a bottle of Hennessy Cognac X.O on the rocks and smoke a $150 cigar I have been keeping for a special occasion

I'll be doing buffalo wings and burgers (I have a Shake shack rip off if anyone knows who Shake Shack are the best burgers in the ******* world)

Then I'll be smashing a few beers during the day and probably get on the burbon (Buffalo Trace and Pepsi because Coca-Cola is sh*t come at me) come game time

If Melbourne win I'll crack a bottle of Hennessy Cognac X.O on the rocks and smoke a $150 cigar I have been keeping for a special occasion
That sounds awesome. Best of luck.

usually normal cereal for brekky, a noon beer and a BBQ lunch with my mates - that wont be happening due to Perth time and covid restrictions.

I'll probably still do a bbq but take it eay with the beers until about 6pm, then a sausage sanga at half time, maybe a video call with my mates.

I’m on the doggies, so it’s only fitting that a kebab and a bag of shard is consumed in true Footscray fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be doing buffalo wings and nachos during the day and and then burgers for dinner just before the game (I have a Shake shack rip off that goes pretty close to the real thing, if anyone knows who Shake Shack are the best burgers in the ******* world)

Then I'll be smashing a few beers during the day and probably get on the burbon (Buffalo Trace and Pepsi because Coca-Cola is sh*t come at me) come game time

What kind of Melbourne fan isn't just smoking $150 cigars just because? :think:

I’ll be too busy panicking and just eating random sh*t from the cupboard.....
If you start hyperventilating slow down your breathing by counting in Bontompellis .
eg 1 Bontompelli (breath) , 2 Bontempelli(breath), 3 Bontempelli (breath) ect..

If you start hyperventilating slow down your breathing by counting in Bontompellis .
eg 1 Bontompelli (breath) , 2 Bontempelli(breath), 3 Bontempelli (breath) ect..

I believe Supersuns is running a book on what time during the game the paramedics are needed at my place...

A free tip for half-time entertainment.
Go and click and collect from Bunnings a 2meter x 2meter sized sheet of black plastic.
Find the center and cut out a circle then use a peice of string attached to the center to create 3 bigger circles with a white pen marker.
Remove glass and ceramics from the room.
Hang in front of a doorway and commence a handball comp.

images (6) (17).jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back