Discussion Grand Final Footy Jumper Match Ups

Remove this Banner Ad

If the 2015 jumper happened I think the hawks would be loving the power ranger.

I understand the path you're going down here The Victorian, but, as evidenced by the pictures, it's hard to think of a GF without enough contrast between the teams though. Personally, I think the right decision has been made each season regarding kits since the end of the coin toss for shorts days. But I do have a couple of quick questions:

• If WCE were the 'home' team in 2015, shouldn't they have worn the tri-panel (like they did in the QF) rather than the wings?

• Also, I'm not sure whether the braces were necessary for Collingwood in 2011. It breaks the 'home team, home jumper' rule, and in my opinion the contrast was fine throughout the match

Well if the home team was the highest ranked it would have forced the hawks into that horrid kit

WCE in the tri-panel vs Hawthorn in white shorts had been done before. It doesn't look incredible off the pictures and the Hawks probably would have had to go with the Power Rangers jumper, but it would have been borderline passable.

169520.jpg

It does highlight the need for clubs when deciding on a clash jumper to ask themselves "would we be happy to wear this in a Grand Final"

It would have been Hawks in Gold and Brown stripes and Eagles in Royal Blue and Gold Wings. The reason why the Power Rangers uniform was worn at Subiaco was because it was interstate, the being at the MCG would have meant it was a in Victoria away match. The Eagles always wear Royal Blue and Gold Wings in a Grand Final.

It would have been Hawks in Gold and Brown stripes and Eagles in Royal Blue and Gold Wings. The reason why the Power Rangers uniform was worn at Subiaco was because it was interstate, the being at the MCG would have meant it was a in Victoria away match. The Eagles always wear Royal Blue and Gold Wings in a Grand Final.

The OP states that the rule for GF's is 'home team, home jumper' though, which would put WCE in the tri-panel and effectively remove their 'royal in GF's' rule. And because it's a Grand Final, the fact that it's at the MCG is irrelevant as it's neutral for GF day

The OP states that the rule for GF's is 'home team, home jumper' though, which would put WCE in the tri-panel and effectively remove their 'royal in GF's' rule. And because it's a Grand Final, the fact that it's at the MCG is irrelevant as it's neutral for GF day
West Coast always wears the wings in Grand Finals. They have done so in 1991, 1992, 1994, 2005, 2006, 2015 and 2018, seven Grand Finals all wearing the wings.

Also, the fact that the MCG is a neutral venue on Grand Final day means that the Power Rangers jumper would not be worn because it wasn't interstate, which was where that uniform was worn. The alternate uniform Hawthorn had at that stage was the Brown with Gold stripes. However, the Gold with Brown stripes would be less of a clash with West Coast.

What the Grand Final teams wear on Grand Final day should be decided by the AFL, not because a team finished higher on the ladder. The AFL Grand Final as this thread puts it is the television event of the year. The way that the stars of the show appear should be the AFL's to decide. Richmond deserve to wear their Black with Yellow sash this year as they appeared in 2017 in the Yellow with Black sash. Richmond has the karma points in the bank because of 2017, they should be able to cash those points in to appear in the Black with Yellow sash this year. Even though they will appear in them with the Giants wearing Orange and Charcole with White G, Richmond will be paid out on their karma points.

I understand the path you're going down here The Victorian, but, as evidenced by the pictures, it's hard to think of a GF without enough contrast between the teams though. Personally, I think the right decision has been made each season regarding kits since the end of the coin toss for shorts days. But I do have a couple of quick questions:

• If WCE were the 'home' team in 2015, shouldn't they have worn the tri-panel (like they did in the QF) rather than the wings?

• Also, I'm not sure whether the braces were necessary for Collingwood in 2011. It breaks the 'home team, home jumper' rule, and in my opinion the contrast was fine throughout the match

Yeah thanks, we didnt need the reminder of how good Hawkins played that day

On SM-G960U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously just change the 2019 Grand Final images already. It's a disgrace you even thought to do that no matter who was playing who.
The thing is, it's not like the Pies were in front for him to think 'okay, they've got it now'. They were still a goal or two behind at the point he posted it and hadn't even been in the lead since half time so he had no real basis to do that.

Typical Victorian ;)

West Coast always wears the wings in Grand Finals. They have done so in 1991, 1992, 1994, 2005, 2006, 2015 and 2018, seven Grand Finals all wearing the wings.

Also, the fact that the MCG is a neutral venue on Grand Final day means that the Power Rangers jumper would not be worn because it wasn't interstate, which was where that uniform was worn. The alternate uniform Hawthorn had at that stage was the Brown with Gold stripes. However, the Gold with Brown stripes would be less of a clash with West Coast.

What the Grand Final teams wear on Grand Final day should be decided by the AFL, not because a team finished higher on the ladder. The AFL Grand Final as this thread puts it is the television event of the year. The way that the stars of the show appear should be the AFL's to decide. Richmond deserve to wear their Black with Yellow sash this year as they appeared in 2017 in the Yellow with Black sash. Richmond has the karma points in the bank because of 2017, they should be able to cash those points in to appear in the Black with Yellow sash this year. Even though they will appear in them with the Giants wearing Orange and Charcole with White G, Richmond will be paid out on their karma points.

I completely agree that the AFL should make decisions on a case-by-case basis each year and not based on ladder position, but seeing as this is a portfolio rather than a discussion thread, I was keeping in line with how the OP had stipulated the rules

Here is what some people have been asking for:
2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v Greater Western Sydney
HFGaFuD.jpg

What they wore in their Round 17 match at the MCG.

Also, what the West Coast have worn in all their Grand Finals:
d3BAYt1.jpg

During 3 of these seasons (2005, 2006 and 2015) the royal blue with wings wasn't the main jumper for the Eagles at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back