Discussion Grand Final Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca_

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Something just popped into my head. Since the implementation of the gold AFL logo on the reigning premiers guernseys, nobody's been there to defend the premiership the next year. Collingwood's going to be the first team to do so.

2i1o3kx.png

Both teams have that Grand Final logo on their jumpers, so will Collingwood have that logo but still have the gold AFL premiers logo too?

PortBrillance

Trump Donor - 16' 20' 24'
Jul 9, 2009
TRUMP WON 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Adelaide City
No, both will be the same. The grand final logo is just an ironed on patch over the original AFL logo. Both Geelong and Collingwood's GF logos will be the same

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
It's a good point raised by SHP; but I think mainly due to the AFL's whimsical attitude to design issues like this (just look at the logo itself :eek:), I can't see it happening.

Relatively boring week in terms of the kits this one... none of the clash jumper kerfuffle of last year!

HandyHawks94

Debutant
Suspended
Apr 18, 2011
Singapore
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leicester City
the gold logo has been used by reigning premiers since 2008.. geelong were reigning premiers in the 2008 grand final

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
If you look at Lenny here, the AFL has come off but the red and the circle is still there:
r645522_4501333.jpg

It's possible that the Gold will still be there underneath for Collingwood?

PortBrillance

Trump Donor - 16' 20' 24'
Jul 9, 2009
TRUMP WON 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Adelaide City
I actually like it, maybe because it reminds me of Port's flag.

Whatever they do, the AFL MUST keep the same logo for a while, if they change it next year, keep it for another 10 years. Don't change the logo every single ****ing year like they have done in the past.

PAFC_04

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Adelaide Strikers
Yeah, I reckon it looks pretty good still. Wouldn't mind a modern version with the cup again though.
Tbh though 75% of the population probably doesn't even notice the special logo on the jumper :eek:

If you look at Lenny here, the AFL has come off but the red and the circle is still there:
r645522_4501333.jpg

It's possible that the Gold will still be there underneath for Collingwood?

Anyone know why the AFL logo under the patch is only a red oval with no 'AFL'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EBUS

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
That gold logo would look awesome on a Carlton jumper, anyone care to do a quick photoshop of it?

I think they should update the Grand-Final logo.

I think it should be like the '03 one.

But inside the cup have the game details written in it.

Eg, Collingwood v Geelong, 1st October 2011, MCG

And have the ribbons on the side with the two teams colours on them.

If anyone has an idea of what I mean and can make one up it'd be awesome.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
Was a fan of the original GF logo design from 1990-1995, where the "FINAL" ribbon would be altered slightly each year

Here in the States, the NFL have decided to stick with one Super Bowl logo for the for-seeable future starting last season, which is a shame as they were some real creative logos they did for each year in the past

Back