Discussion Grand Final Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for reminding me, thought i forgot something :eek:

stkilda.jpg
In the 2009 Grand-Final the logo didn't cut into the white pannel, so if you move it across slightly you have a great jumper!

Keep up the good work :thumbsu:

In the 2009 Grand-Final the logo didn't cut into the white pannel, so if you move it across slightly you have a great jumper!

Keep up the good work :thumbsu:

Cheers mate, but St Kilda wore their clash jumper in the 2 GF's last year.

352557lennyhayes.jpg

Cheers mate, but St Kilda wore their clash jumper in the 2 GF's last year.

352557lennyhayes.jpg
2009, against Geelong.

That was 2010, last year hahaha

2009, against Geelong.

That was 2010, last year hahaha

Oh thats embarrassing :eek: I forgot St Kilda were in the 09 GF (brain fade) and was thinking you meant '10. I might whip one up in the morning. :)

Oh thats embarrassing :eek: I forgot St Kilda were in the 09 GF (brain fade) and was thinking you meant '10. I might whip one up in the morning. :)
No worrys Imach8, :)

Collingwood had no choice but to sublimate their grand final logo. Collingwood's jumper is designed as a stretch fit for the players. If the logo was heat pressed while the jumper is in a relaxed state and then worn as a tight fit by the players, the logo will definitely peel under the stress of being strecthed.

Interesting, but I don't think this is the main reason. In 2002 and 2003 Collingwood had sublimated Grand Final logos, and back then guernseys weren't made of stretch material.

Also in 2008 the Hawks Puma guernsey was slim fit - the material is 83% polyester and 13% elastane, and they had iron on Grand Final logos.

We are a fairly wealthy club, so maybe we order a set of jumpers with the Grand Final logo from adidas prior to the start of the season?

We are a fairly wealthy club, so maybe we order a set of jumpers with the Grand Final logo from adidas prior to the start of the season?
There's no issue with the GF logo whatsoever.

Wouldn't Adidas 'pay' for those jumpers? It's my understanding that the club gets all training, media, and on-field apparel from the supplier for free. Clubs with higher bargaining ability (ie Geelong's recent success, or, Collingwood's high membership base) can ramp up negotiations and it can become a financial bidding war as well.

But, I don't know if that's how it works for all clubs. Could anyone clarify this? And who receives money from sold jumpers?

I know Arsenal get a certain amount of money + free apparel for the club from Nike. But the profits made from Nike Arsenal products sold are split 50/50 between the two.

Don't the AFL get a certain level of that income, as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well, no need to argue mate. You're a GWS supporter now...

When would the manafacture make the jumpers?
For the last 4 teams in it, or can they put them together within the week.

Also, if ISC made a whole new jumper just to have a red AFL oval... why didn't they just make the actual Grand-Final logo in it too?

Or is that too sensible...

I think the AFL logo was heat pressed on in different layers (over the top of the normal one), hence why there was just a red oval. This was to give it a 3D effect I think.

Can't wait for trade week, one of my favourite times of the year for some reason :) Happy with Ebert going to port (hopefully) and SHP, GWS will definitely be getting Brogan and C.Cornes if you haven't already heard that in Melbourne

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the Pies are trading away a first round draft pick for Marty Clarke. I'd take a young gun over Clarke any day of the week.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the Pies are trading away a first round draft pick for Marty Clarke. I'd take a young gun over Clarke any day of the week.

Didn't know that. Agree, probably a bad decision. He wasn't that good, although this years draft is supposedly very shallow, especially when you consider that pick will probably end up being in the late 20s anyway (equivalent of a typical mid 2nd rd pick)

That Hawks one looks a bit rough around the left side, and is the 2010 one just a self ironed job?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back