Grand Final marathon on 7mate

guild93

Rookie
Apr 8, 2011
Mt Evelyn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I saw an ad for the traditional GF marathon to be shown on GF eve. If I understood correctly, they'll be showing local grand finals in each state (e.g. Eagles grand finals in W.A. etc). Could be a good chance to get high definition copies of matches that have not been released on Blu Ray. AFL matches were filmed in high definition from 2006 onwards.

Luke

Hodge is God

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Brisbane Heat
I saw an ad for the traditional GF marathon to be shown on GF eve. If I understood correctly, they'll be showing local grand finals in each state (e.g. Eagles grand finals in W.A. etc). Could be a good chance to get high definition copies of matches that have not been released on Blu Ray. AFL matches were filmed in high definition from 2006 onwards.

Luke
Thank God I will be in Melbourne for the GF.

Haha, that would be great!
Hopefully I don't need a replay of the 08 granny for some glory this year though!
The Lions reserves play in the NEAFL (Northern) Grand Final on Sunday so hopefully I get to see 4 premierships this year ;)

Hodge is God

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Brisbane Heat
The Lions reserves play in the NEAFL (Northern) Grand Final on Sunday so hopefully I get to see 4 premierships this year ;)
See you're going to be pretty good in the near future then, with the Lions coming up. Good luck to the reserves!

Unfortunately for us, Box Hill are out :(

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
It's baffling that channel 7 could show all these old grainy definition matches on 7mate yet not this year's. I don't see any possible reason why they wouldn't do it. You know... maybe they'll prove me wrong (I certainly hope so) but as it stands now, channel 7 with their shitty commentators, shitty camera angles, shitty slow-mo replays while the game is going on, and shitty standard definition when they HAVE THE OPTION TO USE HD, can get f*****!

u wat

Rookie
Jan 27, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LA Clippers
no doubt it'll be 2005, 2006, 2008 and possibly one from the 90's...

agree with the earlier post, fond memories of 90's footy marathon when any final not just GF's were played...
have been liking thank fox its friday on footy channel, better then then footy marathons.

Back