Preview Grand Final: Melbourne v Bulldogs - Saturday 25th September 2021, 7.15pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how the Dogs' umpire love will go against the Dees' drought breaking narrative?

Think the decision will be that the dogs have done well this season and fairly recently won a flag ( so their fans investment in the league has been pandered to) so now it's the dees turn for some success.

“Love” is probably not the word I’d use. Happy to see Martin win one and in fact won’t be upset to see Schack do well. It would be a small compensation with having to see the rest of the “dogs”celebrating
i would have loved to see Stef win a Premiership with the Lions.

Bulldogs won one a few years back. Time for Melbourne to break their drought. Would be more deserving too. They're far superior to the Bulldogs

Only issue is it could be the first of a few for Melbourne where I could see the Bulldogs falling back to the pack for a few more seasons again

I'm Meh about it this year because we were so bloody close to being in it but I hope the bye the week before the Grand Final is a one off, it would be a long bloody fortnight waiting for the game if the Lions were involved.

My ideal scenario would be for all teams to have a bye 2-3 weeks out from finals starting then play straight through to the GF, gives the advantage to the teams that deserve it.

The scheduling this year has worked out perfectly for 5th placed Dogs playing each week and then getting a break, the Demons are disadvantaged as they will have played only 1 game in a month by bouncedown.

Five days 1 hour and 15 or so minutes till the first bounce
There are reasons for it this year but the week off before the GF takes all the momentum out of the biggest day.

I'm past caring who wins it . Same with the Brownlow.

I'd prefer Melbourne to win but I don't want them to build a dynasty which looks a reasonable chance.

Looks like Umpire S----c will get a Grand Final again. He has umpired the last couple of Dogs games which includes our last game. We all know what happened there. Dogs have a great free kick tally and continues in finals. Very interesting?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2016 Bulldogs B&F gets another chance to write himself down in history.

Prior to the 2016 finals series, had a bit of a soft spot for the Doggies, my dad & most of his side of the family are from Footscray (he's Lions now too btw), so they are all mad Doggies fans.

The constant throwing of the ball, their opposition not being rewarded for tackles and just the blatant bias from the umps in that finals series was enough to make me despise them. Still do.

Go Dees.

The 2016 Bulldogs B&F gets another chance to write himself down in history.
Clearly, their best on ground against us in the semi-final...will be interesting to watch his performance.

Can anyone on the field win the Norm Smith or is it limited to the people wearing their team colours externally?

There are reasons for it this year but the week off before the GF takes all the momentum out of the biggest day.

I'm past caring who wins it . Same with the Brownlow.

I'd prefer Melbourne to win but I don't want them to build a dynasty which looks a reasonable chance.

You're right it would have been more exciting last Saturday,now it seems almost anticlimactic. Hopefully next year we get back to just the one week off for the QF winners

It does give Stevic an extra week to devise new ways to advantage the Dogs. Like the 5th Beatle Stevic is the 19th Bulldog

You're right it would have been more exciting last Saturday,now it seems almost anticlimactic. Hopefully next year we get back to just the one week off for the QF winners

It does give Stevic an extra week to devise new ways to advantage the Dogs. Like the 5th Beatle Stevic is the 19th Bulldog

It would be interesting to know the frees for and against awarded by Stevic in Bulldogs matches he has umpired over the years.

I'm far to technologically illiterate to even begin to work that out but I seem to remember someone here producing a stat that he paid 11-4 to them in that SF rort against us a couple of weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back