Preview Grand Final: Melbourne v Bulldogs - Saturday 25th September 2021, 7.15pm.

That Lachie Hunter is a scud and how the umps keep falling for him is a mystery.

If your talking bout the high tackle free, Viney had a similar one that was paid also.

I think the umps are going fine, those kinds of frees notwithstanding.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Steven May not fit and saying he is will cost Melbourne the premiership. Incredibly selfish

Right through the middle.

Amazing howler from the goal umpire.

Why wasn't it reviewed?

The middle? Gotta assume you're pulling the piss.

When the ball goes over the height of the post, the umpire must act as if the post extends upwards, therefore the ball must pass entirely with the goal - if they deem it would have hit the "extension" of the post it's a behind.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If your talking bout the high tackle free, Viney had a similar one that was paid also.

I think the umps are going fine, those kinds of frees notwithstanding.
I'm talking about every time he gets it and a tackler is anywhere near, he has a look where they are and lowers his body in to meet the tackler who has already committed.

Every time.

Viney actually tries to break or avoid tackles.

I'm talking about every time he gets it and a tackler is anywhere near, he has a look where they are and lowers his body in to meet the tackler who has already committed.

Every time.

Viney actually tries to break or avoid tackles.

Don't like it either. But he's hardly alone. Probably at least 4 or 5 in every side.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The middle? Gotta assume your pulling the piss.

When the ball goes over the height of the post, the umpire must act as if the post extends upwards, therefore the ball must pass entirely with the goal - if they deem it would have hit the "extension" of the post it's a behind.
Looked like a goal on the TV angle.

The way the goal ump reacted it missed by 3 feet .

Which maybe it did if we could see the reverse shot.

The wall to wall ads are doing my head in. More ads than footy.

Fancy missing Fox Footy.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Right through the middle.

Amazing howler from the goal umpire.

Why wasn't it reviewed?

Bet it turns out the ump got it right and we will see footage that proves it. They usually do get those right.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Amazing how it changes in 1 quarter. Melbourne looked completely all at sea going inside forward in the second quarter.
Their backline reacted poorly to the pressure.

May and Lever looked lost once it hit the deck. Lever handballing to no one in particular.

I think they'll regroup.

Looked like a goal on the TV angle.

The way the goal ump reacted it missed by 3 feet .

Which maybe it did if we could see the reverse shot.

People need to look up what parallax is. When the camera isn't in line with the flight of the ball, you've got not much hope.

But I'm puzzled.... what was the umpire supposed to do, scratch his head for a moment before making his decision apparent?

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
People need to look up what parallax is. When the camera isn't in line with the flight of the ball, you've got not much hope.

But I'm puzzled.... what was the umpire supposed to do, scratch his head for a moment before making his decision apparent?
???

He reacted like it was a point.

As I said like it probably was.

Back