Preview Grand Final: Melbourne v Bulldogs - Saturday 25th September 2021, 7.15pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

they grabbed the game by the neck and just didn't miss shots, then the doggies s**t the bed even more and rolled over for the dees to do what they want and really blow this out.

We got smoked in the Qualifying final but managed to pull them back in the second half.

We actually handled it much better as it turns out.
Agreed that we weren't this dismal, but I don't see us winning today. It really has been Melbournes year. Injury list helps (as well as ours not helping in the games we played against them), but they have delivered when they could of folded so mass respect.

Let them enjoy it. Massive.

Agreed that we weren't this dismal, but I don't see us winning today. It really has been Melbournes year. Injury list helps (as well as ours not helping in the games we played against them), but they have delivered when they could of folded so mass respect.

Let them enjoy it. Massive.

Oh yeah they would have blitzed us.

Awesome team.

The Dees wont let us see a flag for at least 3 years :(
Things can change quickly but it's looking like we're not the main character this go around.

Running into a Richmond juggernaut and then the rise of Melbourne. Not sure if we'll sneak a cup in with the current group.

Had our chance in 2020 and blew it.

Things can change quickly but it's looking like we're not the main character this go around.

Running into a Richmond juggernaut and then the rise of Melbourne. Not sure if we'll sneak a cup in with the current group.

Had our chance in 2020 and blew it.

Nobody picked Melbourne this time last season.

Don’t write us off.

Don’t write us off.

Im not entirely, but who on our list can be as good as Petracca in the middle, a ruck like Jackson at 30 games being absolutely elite, other midfielders like Oliver just racking up quality touches...Its concerning really...

The Dees wont let us see a flag for at least 3 years :(

Dees are having an unreal run in the new draftees space who are able to slot in seamlessly. Jackson, Pickett, Rivers and now Bowey. If their bottom 6 continues to be at such high quality it'll take some effort to catchup.

Melbourne the right team to win it this year I think. They will be hard to beat but not impossible. Must win the centre clearances against them. They destroyed the dogs.

Also hard to believe that this season Melbourne were a 10+ goal team better then the grand finalist and a 12 goal better team then their prelim opposition. Considering how close the top teams have been this season.

That said, every chance we were blown off the ground in the same way the dogs have been. Even though we were close against the dogs, I can easily see us get demolished by Petracca and Oliver in this game.
We had everything against us this year, honestly as much as we should have been in their place we were never going to win it this year. Could look back on this as a blessing in disguise. With a fit list and slightly better luck with injuries 2022 will be ours, I can feel it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost to Melbourne by 30 odd undermanned and the dogs by 1 - suddenly we don’t look bad at all.

I would go so far as to say we are the second best team in the comp if everyone was at full strength.

Don’t write us off.
There were actually some people who picked Melbourne this year.

But yes. They look unstoppable but how they handle success and a few injuries can change that.

The good thing is I think we're just about the 2nd best side going around.

irel laat 8minutes on bigfooty - soak it in.
tenor.gif

Don’t write us off.
Zero injuries v us losing key players hell west and crooked.

Every season is different.

We were 1 point shy of playing that abysmal Port side and almost certainly would have made the GF had we won.

Impossible to know how we would have fared but it's hard to conceive that we would have folded as badly as the Dogs did

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best team all season by a margin and that final score reflects that really. But now we go on to the REAL part of the season - trade and draft periods!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back