Preview Grand Final: Melbourne v Bulldogs - Saturday 25th September 2021, 7.15pm.

knaf

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2008
Standing on Sacred Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great game of footy till the Ds went and ruined it😀 can’t say I was unhappy with the result though.

A bit like our 2001 Grand final win. I was worried at half time and into the start of the third. Then the boys just blew it apart. The best way for a match to unfold in my opinion.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With May now a premiership player....it would be an interesting stat to find out how many ex- GC Suns have won a premiership......quite a few. Lynch, Caddy, Prestia.....I get mixed up with ex-GWS n Suns. Could be our turn soon with Lyons n Cal.

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With May now a premiership player....it would be an interesting stat to find out how many ex- GC Suns have won a premiership......quite a few. Lynch, Caddy, Prestia.....I get mixed up with ex-GWS n Suns. Could be our turn soon with Lyons n Cal.

60% of the captains they've had in their history have won a premiership at some point (Ablett, Lynch and May).

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Darren Burgess is leaving Melbourne this year, and from how often he's mentioned by their players and his reputation, seems he'll be a big loss.

We saw how it felt like we went backwards a bit with Selwyn Griffth leaving the club, so Burgess leaving might bring them back to the pack a bit given their strength in second halves this year.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sit Harry Sharp down with a tape of Langdon.

A lot of commentary at the time had Melbourne reaching with Jackson at pick 3. LOL.

Wasn't Oliver considered a reach too?

Melbourne's recent drafting has been exceptional making up for the dark days of Jack Watts and friends

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Darren Burgess is leaving Melbourne this year, and from how often he's mentioned by their players and his reputation, seems he'll be a big loss.

We saw how it felt like we went backwards a bit with Selwyn Griffth leaving the club, so Burgess leaving might bring them back to the pack a bit given their strength in second halves this year.
They will still have Selwyn Griffith.

A lot of commentary at the time had Melbourne reaching with Jackson at pick 3. LOL.

But ruckmen are overrated and you should never draft a ruck with an early pick.....apparently.

Jackson is fast becoming one of my favourites non-Lions players to watch.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
But ruckmen are overrated and you should never draft a ruck with an early pick.....apparently.

Jackson is fast becoming one of my favourites non-Lions players to watch.

He's no Billy Longer though.

Just rewatched the third quarter then. Jackson was very good.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And was it just me or was there a howler of a throw by Petracca missed by the umps in the lead up to the Brayshaw goal late in that third quarter.

Ah, well. Live by the sword die by the sword Doggies.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
I reckon Oliver sometimes has an interesting handball style when being tackled. He kinda shoves the ball out.
Yeah it feels like as long as both hands are in the general area as the ball and one of them is a fist it’s let go.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon Oliver sometimes has an interesting handball style when being tackled. He kinda shoves the ball out.

Yeah the Petracca one I was referring to was definitely a shove style. Wonder if it is being coached?

If it had happened against any opposition other than the Dogs I might've even been upset about it lol.

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Yeah it feels like as long as both hands are in the general area as the ball and one of them is a fist it’s let go.
Pfft. KB was doing it 40 years ago. Except that back then umpires did their job.

780C3AB5-5BB0-47DD-A125-D65A3FD266E4.gif

Back