Game Day Grand Final Opponent watch thread (AKA Preliminary Final #2) Giants vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Who plays on Rioli?

Knight if he doesnt get a job on Cotchin. Cotchin seems like a guy who its pretty ineffective to tag him. We might get more by doing a complete shutdown on Rioli. Not sure if Knight has the pace though.

wait for it!
Imagine how pissed you'd be as a Crows fan if one of our players got suspended for that during the year, let alone for a GF. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way he even gets a fine for that. He was going for the ball. No malice, no intent. Hell, I wouldn't even consider calling it reckless. Play on and let's just win this thing.

Imagine how pissed you'd be as a Crows fan if one of our players got suspended for that during the year, let alone for a GF. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way he even gets a fine for that. He was going for the ball. No malice, no intent. Hell, I wouldn't even consider calling it reckless. Play on and let's just win this thing.
If it was a Crow there'd be nothing surer than a suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey I agree, but that goes against every precedent set all year when a concussion is involved

Imagine if you were a GWS fan, and just watched Cotchin concuss your best player and put him on the bench for most of the Prelim.

If there is no problem with doing that - then expect Cotchin to continue on his way in the Grand Final and just go around bashing players. I expect Rance would join in if needed.

He bumped the guy in the head and concussed him - must be cited - must be more than nothing - therefore must be suspended.

Nah. Not this time. If Sloane gets rubbed out but Cotchin doesn't then I'll start believing in active conspiracies against the Crows. But it just won't happen. Both clubs will have all players from their prelims available.
Sloane won't go, but his situation is completely different.

If he'd hit Danger the same way Cotchin hit Shiel he would be gone for sure.

Imagine if you were a GWS fan, and just watched Cotchin concuss your best player and put him on the bench for most of the Prelim.

If there is no problem with doing that - then expect Cotchin to continue on his way in the Grand Final and just go around bashing players. I expect Rance would join in if needed.

He bumped the guy in the head and concussed him - must be cited - must be more than nothing - therefore must be suspended.
But what exactly did he do. Occasionally there will be incidents in which players get concussed through no fault or negligence by the opposition player. What exactly was negligent, or reckless about the act? Also, if Geelong's medical reports come out and it turns out Danger has mild, late onset concussion, you'd resign yourself to Sloane getting suspended? There is no way Cotchin gets done for that.

As a neutral observer, there is a big difference between the Sloan and Cotchin hit. Sloan was bracing for contact, and Cotchin tried to hit his man. If you interpret the laws as they are written, Sloan is safe and Cotchin simply must get weeks with his bad record. I put money on the mrp finding a way to let him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back