Grand Final Package Question

Remove this Banner Ad

jwint43

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wasn't sure where this thread should go so I thought this one made the most sense. Basically me and a couple of friends are seriously considering going to this years Grand Final and we are from Perth. The grand final package costs 1500+. For those who have made this trip before as it cheaper for us to book a package with flights and accomodation as part of a full package or find separate flights + accom for as cheap as possible and stay at shitty places and fly cheap airlines, (which being students we are fine with) or will it all work out to be about the same. Have done some research and it seems a package is probably the better idea but wondering if anyone had some advice on how best to cheaply approach the situation from past experience.

I wasn't sure where this thread should go so I thought this one made the most sense. Basically me and a couple of friends are seriously considering going to this years Grand Final and we are from Perth. The grand final package costs 1500+. For those who have made this trip before as it cheaper for us to book a package with flights and accomodation as part of a full package or find separate flights + accom for as cheap as possible and stay at shitty places and fly cheap airlines, (which being students we are fine with) or will it all work out to be about the same. Have done some research and it seems a package is probably the better idea but wondering if anyone had some advice on how best to cheaply approach the situation from past experience.

definitely get the package with flights and accommodation if you can find it.

Most i've seen ONLY OFFER ACCOMMODATION as an option and you have to book flights separately.

if your going to go booking the hotels and flights now and you may get a cheaper rate.

2012 it cost me $250 each way (with ******* jetstar) as i waited until we won the prelim before booking.

Thanks mate. Anyone know what seats u get with these packages. I mean its alot of money to be stuck at top of southern stand
I sat at the very top of the Southern Stand for a Grand Final. A losing one. I didn't pay a few grand for it, but it was far from a bad experience

I sat at the very top of the Southern Stand for a Grand Final. A losing one. I didn't pay a few grand for it, but it was far from a bad experience

I sat in top deck of the Southern Stand for the drawn GF as part of a package and there was nothing wrong with our seats - we were within the first 10 rows of the top deck and not up the back though..

In the end I booked my own flight 385 return...payed 200 for standing gf ticket. Flew in Saturday morning...partied all night caught the first flight home at 6am so no accommodation.

So it was cheaper but next time I would get accommodation..i'm too old to stand and drink all day and all night...by 3am I just wanted a bed.

so if u got the money the package makes it so much easier... but if u want to save money do it my way ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back