Preview Grand Final Preview: Collingwood vs West Coast [DaVe86 Ultimate Preview #512]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally nothing left to say.
I'm worried about howe..
I also think McGovern is quite sore so evens out i guess..

If we win may rub one out in the middle of smith st..
Carn the pies
whiskeytown

If you're gonna do that, please wear an Eagles jumper. (Or Tiges, Blues, or anyone but Collingwood).
The one thing I couldn't stand if we win is all our supporters start acting like complete drongos. Lets please hold our heads higher (win or lose) than the Tigers did last year.

Gee whiz McGovern doesn’t sound positive. The way Simpson spoke was very nervous.
One word responses to the reporter doing the parade. "I'll be fine" he reckons. That's what they said about Dusty too, and his was a training injury. The cold won't do much for his hip, let me tell you, having pinged my hip as a teenager.

Don't quote me, but McGovern seems like a sh!t bloke. His persona was super arrogant. Never heard the bloke speak until today, but I had to switch it off. It was a common theme among all the Eagles too. Real weird bunch.

I think you might be onto something fella. These blokes are quaking. Richter scale quaking.

Our biggest threat tomorrow probably isn't the influence that a McGovern or Kennedy can have but the influence of Hawthorn in how the 22 Eagles play.

Like Hawthorn they'll look to keep the ball out of our hands, control the tempo of the game and slice through our zones with an effective short kicking game and we simply can't allow them the time and space they grave with ball in hand.

Hopefully after all these seasons of struggle against Hawthorn Buckley has the answers to beating their method and the weapons within the side to do it.

Like last week 4 critical things need to happen to claim the Premiership tomorrow.

1. Be physically and mentally ready to play across all 4 quarters of football.

2. Play our brand and win the contested ball numbers and bring intense pressure on the opposition when we don't have the pill.

3. Kick accurately on goal and grasp with both hands the opportunities presented when we have the momentum.

4. 22 solid contributors. No passengers.

Oh and no in game injuries would be nice!

GO THE MIGHTY PIES!

Is it just me, or are Eagles fans becoming super cocky?

Look at Richmond, Eagles fans...

You should change your nickname to Ribeye, because your comments are a quality cut.

Fair dinkum, this is a mob who boo a bloke who lost his Sister, and venerate a bloke who whacked another in the jaw, before claiming he "was aiming for the chest". Okay fella. Gazza Senior tried that defense, by saying the bloke he thumped was "too short". 1996 I believe. We live in Clown World when a fella thinks he will get away with that.

Eagles fans have a strange manner about them in general. Isolated from civilization in the East, separated by three days and a desert, in an oasis where it barely rains. Doesn't do much for the psyche. Like they are on weekend release.

Maybe tomorrow might sober them up a bit hopefully. Wait and see.

So got engaged to the missus last night (gotta do it in Grand Final week right?!). Not sure what I was more nervous about.. that or the game tomorrow.

Bloody big week.. Cap it off for us with a win please Pies!

For phark sake Mongo. Make sure any kids you have are bathed in Black and White straight away?

None of this bullsh!t where the maternal Grandparents go for one of the other teams (God forbid Hawthorn or Richmond) and commandeer the infant's allegiance.

Also time allocated every week for Mr Mongo to be free of nagging and supplicating, while you focus on the footy.

I sound bitter. But five years of being screamed at when I even mentioned Collingwood, really irks a bloke.

Congratulations all the same big fella!

Last edited:
There is literally nothing left to say.

If we win may rub one out in the middle of smith st..
]
And if you do that, you can repeat the dose with your new bunk mate Bubba

:eek:

:D

You should change your nickname to Ribeye, because your comments are a quality cut.

Fair dinkum, this is a mob who boo a bloke who lost his Sister, and venerate a bloke who whacked another in the jaw, before claiming he "was aiming for the chest". Okay fella. Gazza Senior tried that defense, by saying the bloke he thumped was "too short". 1996 I believe. We live in Clown World when a fella thinks he will get away with that.

Eagles fans have a strange manner about them in general. Isolated from civilization in the East, separated by three days and a desert, in an oasis where it barely rains. Doesn't do much for the psyche. Like they are on weekend release.

Maybe tomorrow might sober them up a bit hopefully. Wait and see.
That is gold.

That is gold.

Make that marbled Scotch Fillet then :D

I put money on adams

Me too Disco. But like my tip for the Brownlow (Grundy), no doubt Rusty will steal the votes, and we will be left empty handed, without money for life support, when our revelry in the early hours leaves us parched and in need of alleviating our inhibitions.

That, or Mongo Ming needs to last longer. Amber is better than the blue pill in that case :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make that marbled Scotch Fillet then :D

Me too Disco. But like my tip for the Brownlow (Grundy), no doubt Rusty will steal the votes, and we will be left empty handed, without money for life support, when our revelry in the early hours leaves us parched and in need of alleviating our inhibitions.

That, or Mongo Ming needs to last longer. Amber is better than the blue pill in that case :p

Even better.

I'm gonna go and chill out re.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

Have a coupla pieces of fruit for a youthful more radiant look for the game tommorow. And f sticking cucumbers around your eyes.. you squeeze that s**t on em before you go to sleep. So you don't look like you haven't slept. And if you can.. lay on your back whilst sleeping.. helps with circulation and s**t re..

This routine I've used every Thurs or Fri night if I'm going out the next night clubbing and s**t re to good effect re.. you can be liberal with the cucumber juice.. carry a cucumber in your pocket or whatever and dab some on your eyes when needed..

Ade Gia for now.

******* go Piiiiieeeees!

Really ?
I thought he was good to play ?

“Howe will test the ankle out on Saturday morning and it's understood he may require a pain relieving injection to get through the game.”

"I looked after it as much as I could early and there comes a time where you need to get it going, so that was probably Wednesday. I trained Thursday, I've got to recover again today and get it going in the morning and get some pain relief pre-game no doubt."

Quicky - one of your best.

Few thoughts on why we win;

- We are running on top of the ground
- Midfield is dominant and set the trend with pressure. If they bring that it makes it real hard for Tigers.
- Our team defence is killing sides. You have to go back to Rd 19 vs Richmond for a team that put a 100 on us. eagles got 86 on their deck vs us but at the G we have kept GIANTS and Richmond to a score in the 50's during finals since then, Port to 64 and Lions to 73 at G, Swans & Freo to 71 & 67 (away).
- We went close vs the Eagles but most would admit really matched them save for last 5 mins, blasted the GIANTS but didnt tell on scoreboard and then stepped and whacked Richmond. The trajectory is good.
- Plenty of examples of sides recently not needing to have experienced a GF to win it (WB & Richmond)

Few thoughts from me on where / why could be beaten

- As good as Tiger win was it was driven by dominance / scores from stoppages. We wont get anywhere near that luxury again.
- They have beaten us twice, granted last time over there probably should have won.
- There is no chance Sidebottom will get the freedom he has enjoyed last 3 weeks. Others will have to fill the void (ie 10 & 7)
- Mason wont either - others have to step up. All of the 32, 24, 18 and 35 have and need to improve on recent output
- They will tag team Grundy and given what they did to Gawn they will take him out of game.
- I dont think the ground holds any fears for them given they flogged us

What I will be watching for;

Our early intent and ability to settle
How we ensure they dont let Mason, Steele and Grundy be taken out of the game.

All the best to the Eagles trying to run with Grundy and Sidebottom. They're going to need it.

I'm gonna go and chill out re.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

Have a coupla pieces of fruit for a youthful more radiant look for the game tommorow. And f sticking cucumbers around your eyes.. you squeeze that s**t on em before you go to sleep. So you don't look like you haven't slept. And if you can.. lay on your back whilst sleeping.. helps with circulation and s**t re..

This routine I've used every Thurs or Fri night if I'm going out the next night clubbing and s**t re to good effect re.. you can be liberal with the cucumber juice.. carry a cucumber in your pocket or whatever and dab some on your eyes when needed..

Ade Gia for now.

******* go Piiiiieeeees!
When I saw ‘sticking cucumbers’ I admit I thought you were going somewhere else with it

Nervous and anxious but nothing like as bad as 2010. It’s the strangeness of getting to the GF when no-one expected it. Still feels weird.

And feasting on the footy shows - watching commentators who underrated us all year now saying great things, even if still a little reluctant. It’s a hoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back