Game Day Grand Final Replay: West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood Magpies - 27/03/2020 - 7:30pm - 7Mate

Remove this Banner Ad

U know whats gonna kill me the next time we win a premiership. ....Having the realisation the MCG speakers will be blastingthat NTTAWWTy birds of tokyo bastardised club theme song.
The 1950s called and they want their adjective back. :cool:

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
Anybody else watch replays of those final minutes, but skip over Darling's dropped mark? I go straight from Sheed's goal to Shuey's mark.
It's one of those things I just can't bring myself to watch, I've skipped past it every time I've watched this game.

Anybody else watch replays of those final minutes, but skip over Darling's dropped mark? I go straight from Sheed's goal to Shuey's mark.
Nah, it's a lesser grand final if the margin is 10 points instead of 5.

Also in the airport waiting for my flight home, 7 were showing the replay, fifty Eagles fans were there watching, and the involuntary groan from all of them at that moment is one of my favourite memories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
All those shots on goal so frustrating, and from good players as well (JK+Ryan), but Masten shoulda nailed that coz we love him so much! The best thing was how the siren sounded when Masto's head hit the ground in that last tackle! His last party trick?
Seriously, I've watched that game in full maybe 12 times over 18 months, it's still brilliant, like watching a python slowly choking the life out of it's prey?

All those shots on goal so frustrating, and from good players as well (JK+Ryan), but Masten shoulda nailed that coz we love him so much! The best thing was how the siren sounded when Masto's head hit the ground in that last tackle! His last party trick?
Seriously, I've watched that game in full maybe 12 times over 18 months, it's still brilliant, like watching a python slowly choking the life out of it's prey?
We absolutely dominated the second half bar 2 minutes at the start of the 4th quarter.

We would have blown it open if we kicked straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back